• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan Soto is amazing. He's now hitting .310/.324/.556 in 278 PA...19 years old. As Fangraphs wrote, he is probably the best teenage hitter in baseball history.

It is scary to think what he'll look like if he develops normally. Chances are the gap between where he is now and where he'll eventually be isn't as large as a typical 19-year old, but he should still improve significantly. This kid could be the best hitter in the game in two or three years.

I also wonder if his emergence has made Bryce Harper more prone to want to leave Washington, given that he's no longer the top phenom on that team. Bryce just belongs in pinstripes, anyhow.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Juan Soto is amazing. He's now hitting .310/.324/.556 in 278 PA...19 years old. As Fangraphs wrote, he is probably the best teenage hitter in baseball history.

It is scary to think what he'll look like if he develops normally. Chances are the gap between where he is now and where he'll eventually be isn't as large as a typical 19-year old, but he should still improve significantly. This kid could be the best hitter in the game in two or three years.

I also wonder if his emergence has made Bryce Harper more prone to want to leave Washington, given that he's no longer the top phenom on that team. Bryce just belongs in pinstripes, anyhow.

Harper is looking at a future where he might be the third most exciting OFer on his own team behind Soto, and Victor Robles .

On August 5, 2018 at 9:58 PM, WeatherWonk said:

A little math challenged, but not surprising. Does make me look better, though.

lol

like I'm supposed to know how far ahead of us militia date time is.

so, you were actually extolling your diehard baseball fandom by having to stay up until a bit after 10:30pm?

wow, I don't know how you do it. 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

lol

like I'm supposed to know how far ahead of us militia date time is.

so, you were actually extolling your diehard baseball fandom by having to stay up until a bit after 10:30pm?

wow, I don't know how you do it. 

If only an Angel fan, yeah, why would anyone stay up past the third inning, this year?

But I am a proud fan of BASEBALL!

What makes baseball great, transcends rooting for only one team..............

It's like looking at only ONE WOMAN on the Boardwalk.............WHY?????

I'm watching the Rangers/Mariners game. They have a guest in the booth and they just ignored 3 plays in a row so the guest wouldn't have to stop rambling.

Anyway the M's had a 3-0 lead in the top of the third and Felix promptly allows 4 runs on.

Chirinos walked.

Calhoun singled to center, Chirinos to second

Tocci reached on bunt single to third, Chirinos to third, Calhoun to second.

Choo grounded out to first, Chirinos scored, Calhoun to third, Tocci to second.

Odor doubled to left center, Calhoun and Tocci scored.

Andrus singled to left, Odor scored

4-3 Texas

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

52 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

If only an Angel fan, yeah, why would anyone stay up past the third inning, this year?

But I am a proud fan of BASEBALL!

What makes baseball great, transcends rooting for only one team..............

It's like looking at only ONE WOMAN on the Boardwalk.............WHY?????

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

.. . but not surprising 

On 8/6/2018 at 6:34 PM, Angelsjunky said:

I also wonder if his emergence has made Bryce Harper more prone to want to leave Washington, given that he's no longer the top phenom on that team. Bryce just belongs in pinstripes wherever they pay him the most, anyhow.

ftfy

Soooo, to review the Dipotos current rotation....

Paxton = healthy for a change but ERA at 4.00 since June 1, King Felix = nearing the close of his career?, LeBlanc = leToast lately, Leake = 4.16 ERA, and Gonzales = the one semi-sure thing right now?

Nicely done, Dip*ssy!

Oh, and nice 10-18 record since July 4  

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Soooo, to review the Dipotos current rotation....

Paxton = healthy for a change but ERA at 4.00 since June 1, King Felix = nearing the close of his career?, LeBlanc = leToast lately, Leake = 4.16 ERA, and Gonzales = the one semi-sure thing right now?

Nicely done, Dip*ssy!

Oh, and nice 10-18 record since July 4  

Gonzalez has given up 7 through 5 innings so far to Texas today.