• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is a head-scratcher for me.

I think the Colorado Rockies are the dumbest team in baseball.

They have Ryan McMahon, David Dahl and Raimel Tapia all major league ready. And instead, they decide to play Gerardo Parra and Carlos Gonzalez. 

Desmond should be starting in LF with Dahl in RF and McMahon at 1B and Tapia being speed off the bench.

I'm not a Rockies fan, actually if I root for anyone in the NL West it's the Padres. But I just laugh when teams keep their top prospects in bench roles or in AAA, even after hitting .350 there.

Also, I'm calling it right now, 2018 will be the "Red-Headed Step Child" World Series. It'll be the one that pisses people off to no end.

Angels vs. Mets

Angels are the second favorite team in their own city (because as we all know, apparently Anaheim is a suburb of LA) just as the Mets are the second favorite team in theirs (Queens is totally the same as NYC, although I suppose the Bronx is also a suburb of NYC).

The Angels are overlooked in their own division by the Astros, but will take them down because of a deep lineup, great defensive unit, and extremely underrated pitching,. It will infuriate MLBN and ESPN because they won't be able to put their finger on why the Angels keep winning, and will ultimately look foolish by predicting their downfall on a nightly basis. Whereas the Astros have overrated pitching but still beat teams by bludgeoning them to death in that bandbox Minute Maid Park. Once they face good pitching that generates ground balls and an infield that eats those for breakfast, they'll be in over their heads. The Angels will have runners in scoring position ever single inning until Houston's pitching and defense crack under the pressure.

On the Mets side of the country, it'll be much simpler than on the West Coast. A healthy Thor, a healthy Harvery, DeGrom, and a healthy Matz will have no problem frustrating the Nats bats. And they'll have a sneaky good offense led by dark horse MVP candidate Michael Conforto, as well as Cespedes and Jay Bruce.

And one more thing, the Angels and Mets are better representative of their respective areas than the other two. Angels....city of Angels, it just makes sense. Metropolitans coming from the most metro city in the US. 

4 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Also, I'm calling it right now, 2018 will be the "Red-Headed Step Child" World Series. It'll be the one that pisses people off to no end.

Angels vs. Mets

Whew! I thought you were going to say Mets vs White Sox. 

41 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Angels vs. Mets

Angels are the second favorite team in their own city (because as we all know, apparently Anaheim is a suburb of LA) just as the Mets are the second favorite team in theirs (Queens is totally the same as NYC, although I suppose the Bronx is also a suburb of NYC).

The Angels are overlooked in their own division by the Astros, but will take them down because of a deep lineup, great defensive unit, and extremely underrated pitching,. It will infuriate MLBN and ESPN because they won't be able to put their finger on why the Angels keep winning, and will ultimately look foolish by predicting their downfall on a nightly basis. Whereas the Astros have overrated pitching but still beat teams by bludgeoning them to death in that bandbox Minute Maid Park. Once they face good pitching that generates ground balls and an infield that eats those for breakfast, they'll be in over their heads. The Angels will have runners in scoring position ever single inning until Houston's pitching and defense crack under the pressure.

On the Mets side of the country, it'll be much simpler than on the West Coast. A healthy Thor, a healthy Harvery, DeGrom, and a healthy Matz will have no problem frustrating the Nats bats. And they'll have a sneaky good offense led by dark horse MVP candidate Michael Conforto, as well as Cespedes and Jay Bruce.

And one more thing, the Angels and Mets are better representative of their respective areas than the other two. Angels....city of Angels, it just makes sense. Metropolitans coming from the most metro city in the US. 

Mets pitching (2.14 team ERA) has lived up to the hype. Much like the Halos, heath through the season will mean everything for the Mets.

Lucky for them, they get to face Miami and the Phils a bunch.

19 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Dodgers are 2-6 now as Giants walk off in the 14th inning with a 3-run bomb from Andrew McCutcheon, after a 12-pitch at bat.

McCutcheon's sixth hit of the game. Dodgers used 24 players.

I was at a restaurant where a bunch of Dodgers fans were cheering loudly when they went ahead the top of the 14th, then... 

tumblr_oh76sunBJ41v9oda2o3_r1_400.gif