• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Sweep completed. Huge win/series for Mariners, given how they have been flailing, recently.

Diaz now has 46 saves with 43 games to go. Seems like he could challenge the all-time seasonal record of K-Rod's in 08.

IF OAK wins today, they will be only two games back of Houston in the loss column.

Re-extend Dipoto

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Astros have lost eight consecutive games at home. 

I wish I knew how to find this but, in following the Astros, if either Correa or Altuve or both are out of the lineup, their record seems to be just terrible. It's been like this all season. Correa just came back and Altuve is still out. Both of them being out at the same time, hasnt actually happened that much this year. Maybe only 4-5 games.

Their starters arent pitching NEARLY as well as early in the season, either.

I would put the Red Sox much closer to them, percentagewise. Especially with Sale returning with a strong start, despite it being the Orioles. I think I actually favor the Red Sox, right now.

13 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Cubs-Nats was the ESPN game..Scherzer v Hammels were both lights out. Playoff atmosphere. Cubs win the game 4-3 with a 2 out walk off salami off Madson by rookie David Bote. What a baseball game.

Bill Murray agrees.

Bote has had a fun first 90+ MLB PA's (.957 OPS), after 2-3 months at AAA to start the season.   18th round pick in 2012 out of juco ball

How often is a grand salami a walkoff when trailing by 3 runs? 

16 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I wish I knew how to find this but, in following the Astros, if either Correa or Altuve or both are out of the lineup, their record seems to be just terrible. It's been like this all season. Correa just came back and Altuve is still out. Both of them being out at the same time, hasnt actually happened that much this year. Maybe only 4-5 games.

I would put the Red Sox much closer to them, percentagewise. Especially with Sale returning with a strong start, despite it being the Orioles. I think I actually favor the Red Sox, right now.

Correa, Springer, and Altuve have all been DLd recently which has effected their offense.

Still, they have the best starting pitching in AL (Verlander, Cole, Keuchel, and Morton), maybe even the MLB, and have a solid BP with Rondon, McHugh, Peacock and Osuna.

Every team has it's peaks and valley's during the season, but, with everyone healthy, they might be the best challenge to the Red Sox in the AL.

8 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Correa, Springer, and Altuve have all been DLd recently which has effected their offense.

Still, they have the best starting pitching in AL (Verlander, Cole, Keuchel, and Morton), maybe even the MLB, and have a solid BP with Rondon, McHugh, Peacock and Osuna.

Every team has it's peaks and valley's during the season, but, with everyone healthy, they might be the best challenge to the Red Sox in the AL.

Joe Smith has been unhittable since May 1.   23.1 innings, 1.15 ERA, 0.65 WHIP, 25/4 Ks/BB's

That's better than he ever pitched here. 

46 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Bote has had a fun first 90+ MLB PA's (.957 OPS), after 2-3 months at AAA to start the season.   18th round pick in 2012 out of juco ball

How often is a grand salami a walkoff when trailing by 3 runs? 

3-0 at that! Mad Max was tossing BB's and Hammels was just as good. I think they gave up 3 hits combined.

Something that was mentioned last night...there have been a total of 4 games in baseball all year that both starters were still in the game in the 8th inning. 4 games! That means damn near every game played in MLB has been decided by the bullpen. I knew that was the trend, but had no idea just how much that had become the rule.

3 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

3-0 at that! Mad Max was tossing BB's and Hammels was just as good. I think they gave up 3 hits combined.

Something that was mentioned last night...there have been a total of 4 games in baseball all year that both starters were still in the game in the 8th inning. 4 games! That means damn near every game played in MLB has been decided by the bullpen. I knew that was the trend, but had no idea just how much that had become the rule.

Speaking of both starters still being in the game in the 8th inning, how about the 18th inning?

May 15, 1918

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/WS1/WS1191805150.shtml

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I think Springer has been out too.

PLAYOFF BASEBALL ahead -- not for us.

Up the freeway -- Kershaw pitched a gem tonight (Monday night) -- 8 innings of great ball vs. SF GIants.

Roberts takes him out after the 8th inning.

With Jansen out, he turns to Scott Alexander to preserve Kershaw's gem -- AND

Alexander blows the save -- Giants have big inning.........in a key game for both teams -- SF Giants come into LA pretty much needing a sweep to stay in the race.  Dodgers battling Arizona for first place..........

Playoff Baseball? Dodgers have a huge hole in the pen and won't go far - IF they make the playoffs- without either Jansen back or some late help from somewhere at closer.