• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols Documentary

IheartLA

58 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So im guessing theres a lot of nameless sources?

It always amazes me how some people will believe some stranger on any given topic...given that the stranger was never around to speak to anyone actually involved, has access to anything important, or even visited wherever the subject took place.

Ie, "we know pujols juiced...even though weve never spoken to him, or anyone around him. We dont know exactly how steroids work...or how the testing works. But we talked to a guy, eho we wont name, who used to do steroids. And he said he can tell pujols is on the gear based on how big he is."

Exactly. I have no idea if I can believe the guy that told me that stuff, but to me, it doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Exactly.

Im not endorsing steroids, but its far more prevelant than people want to believe. Its not just baseball either.

And its no excuse, but for every canseco, theres 100 minor league guys who used the same stuff and didnt make it to the majors. 

To me, the only people who have a right to complain are the older players. The ones who played clean and are watching records broken.

Agreed. Sports is still just sports and its not like the only people who makes the majors are using drugs its pretty much a huge percentage of players who use through out the league. I know this is an Angels site but why do we only care if people use steroids in baseball and not the other leagues and sports? 

29 minutes ago, KDWells said:

Baseball was a lot of fun when dudes were jacked up on steroids. I don't know if Albert ever took HGH, but I certainly wish he was on it now!

And there it is. Lets be honest, the fans wanted to see nintendo numbers. Its not like anyone was really complaining.

And if the difference is you spend your life in the minors vs money to take care of everyone you know...cant really tell some poor dominican kid to "do the right thing"...

17 minutes ago, nate said:

Another sign of his body breaking down from PED use

The dude recovered from a fractured/broken wrist in two weeks, able to swing a bat against 90+ mph fastballs in '11. Now he literally can't walk, he's got like 5 different injuries. It's not uncommon for guys to break down in their thirties, but he was literally a GG first baseman who turned into an old man in like three years.

He had packed more career into his first ten seasons than most. After 17 seasons he's top 50 in games played and top 35 in PA's for a career. He's got a ton of mileage on him and it shows. I'm just trying to figure out what the payoff is for the OP or anyone else who obsesses over proving something circumstantially that will obviously never be proven by actual evidence

14 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

He had packed more career into his first ten seasons than most. After 17 seasons he's top 50 in games played and top 35 in PA's for a career. He's got a ton of mileage on him and it shows. I'm just trying to figure out what the payoff is for the OP or anyone else who obsesses over proving something circumstantially that will obviously never be proven by actual evidence

Hater wood

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Pujols isn't actually a person, he is a hologram. He is breaking down because of malware in the hologram software that causes it to not work as well as it used to.

ooh, they used holograms in star wars 4-6.

2 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

He's 38 not 68.  I'm almost the same age as Albert and yet he looks like he's 20 years older.

Did your body completely break down at 35?

What the hell are you talking about? It's not like he's using a walker or anything. And he doesn't look THAT old. He looks about as old as my 26 year-old brother does (who has lost basically all of his hair). He looks like most 38 year old dudes I know, if not much better. 

And for the record, Plantar issues can basically cripple you. There is just enough standing around in Baseball to make sudden movements feel like a knife going into your foot. 

9 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

What the hell are you talking about? It's not like he's using a walker or anything. And he doesn't look THAT old. He looks about as old as my 26 year-old brother does (who has lost basically all of his hair). He looks like most 38 year old dudes I know, if not much better. 

And for the record, Plantar issues can basically cripple you. There is just enough standing around in Baseball to make sudden movements feel like a knife going into your foot. 

Marty Cordoba, Tim Salmon ....  Both suffered through it while in their primes....   :ast year Addison Russell missed a month with the issue....

43 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

then he needs to go on the DL-60 or be Fielder'ed. If something is enough to cripple you then you shouldn't be out there on the baseball field, Pujols will get his money either way. It's about winning baseball games.

2 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

then he needs to go on the DL-60 or be Fielder'ed. If something is enough to cripple you then you shouldn't be out there on the baseball field, Pujols will get his money either way. It's about winning baseball games.

Believe me to you it’s much more about shitting on Albert than anything else.  You can say it’s about winning games but that rings hollow when you post an hour smear campaign that has zero proof of anything but a ton of speculation. And what’s worse is you posted it as some sort of “this will show them”.