• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols Documentary

IheartLA

I'm not sure how many people have seen this, it starts to get very interesting around the 37th minute mark. I encourage anyone to watch at least the PED/Dan Lozano/Wil Pujols stuff. It's definitely not boring the way the video was, I found it easy to watch from middle to ending.

I think the Cardinals definitely knew some background/dirt on him, his agents, entourage, etc. It would be like if Mike Trout was a FA and we offered him a 5 year deal, kinda just going through the motions/not very serious. In 2011, Pujols was still considered the best player in the game. I honestly agree with Wil Pujols that the culture in Latin America is so strong that it's take this stuff or live in poverty forever. Ozzie Guillen has been very vocal as well that so many latin players are taking PEDS from a young age, using false birth certificates. Miguel Tejada, Vlad, Feliz all lied about their age, all Dominicans.

If someone has an agent with that kind of track record and still stands by him I'm pretty sure they're in too deep, they both have blood on their hands so to speak. 

Players from latin america seem to be super human compared to normal suburbanized mexican-americans. There's like 5 times the population of hispanics in the US that love baseball but all the best players seem to come directly from the caribbean/LA.

Cliffs: Pujols was on minimum, HGH, he's probably not even 37.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We sure needed another Albert hater.  Dude is to Albert as AnaheimBob is to Scioscia.  I’ll put my Albert is his age logic and put it against what other people think about his age any day.  

Did you even watch any of it? What you think of Dan Lozano/Pujols, even if you think he's his stated age the evidence for HGH/PED's is unquestionably high.

Long story warning....

So I was a pretty decent ball player in high school, but not good enough for a scholarship, just a couple walk on offers from smaller schools out of the area. So I really didn't have any plans out of high school and went into the military. They were great to me and when I got out, I played with a "semi-pro" team that traveled around and played offseason games with different JC's and wood bat leagues. 

One game, we faced against a bunch of guys from the Midwest and got to talking with their 1B ( who was a solid 5+ years older than anyone) and he said he played against Pujols in college which confused me because I thought Pujols was Dominican. I asked him about it and he said Albert played SS for them, was only there for a couple months and only knew one word in English, "pussy", which he called everyone.

He said Pujols was jacked, using a completely different cocktail blend than anything they were using at the time, which was apparently common. Like a man playing against kids. 

Anyway, after he was drafted, he was gone the next day and they never ward from or saw him again except on TV.

When I think about it, I don't think that guy had a reason to lie, but I also realize that I think we all have things in our past that we regret and don't want to be made public, do I never really pushed the experience too hard.

Maybe Pujols used before and not after, or maybe it's all a lie. I don't care much.

I think he's proven to be a legitimately good dude.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

No I didn’t watch it.  

Please do yourself a favor and watch it.   You really need to see the lengths they go to try to demonize AP..  It's actually hilarious..   Among the things they throw out there as a sign of hypocrisy is a quote of his about the Angels and how it almost seemed a matter of divinity that he signed with a team called the Angels and then they mention the team's ST stadium is Tempe Diablo Stadium and they clarify that it means "Devil"...  LOL.  then to double down, they quote a bible passage about serving two masters..    

They may have sought out to make a hard hitting documentary but really, it's a pretty good comedy. 

36 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Long story warning....

So I was a pretty decent ball player in high school, but not good enough for a scholarship, just a couple walk on offers from smaller schools out of the area. So I really didn't have any plans out of high school and went into the military. They were great to me and when I got out, I played with a "semi-pro" team that traveled around and played offseason games with different JC's and wood bat leagues. 

One game, we faced against a bunch of guys from the Midwest and got to talking with their 1B ( who was a solid 5+ years older than anyone) and he said he played against Pujols in college which confused me because I thought Pujols was Dominican. I asked him about it and he said Albert played SS for them, was only there for a couple months and only knew one word in English, "pussy", which he called everyone.

He said Pujols was jacked, using a completely different cocktail blend than anything they were using at the time, which was apparently common. Like a man playing against kids. 

Anyway, after he was drafted, he was gone the next day and they never ward from or saw him again except on TV.

When I think about it, I don't think that guy had a reason to lie, but I also realize that I think we all have things in our past that we regret and don't want to be made public, do I never really pushed the experience too hard.

Maybe Pujols used before and not after, or maybe it's all a lie. I don't care much.

I think he's proven to be a legitimately good dude.

Just cause someone uses hgh, steroids or some performance enhancing drug it doesn’t mean they are bad people. Most people in the world if offered a pill, a shot or some sort of anything and you could fulfill your dreams and have more money than you could count. The majority of us would do it. Short cuts happen in every walk of life. It doesn’t make you a bad person just like everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, nate said:

How much time does it spend on his PED use?

It spends time talking about everyone else who did PEDs and then tries to make the associations to AP.   Basically the entire thing is built on the idea that AP was great until they started doing blood tests for HGH and since that time he's been injury prone/not great... and the proof is the plantar issues he's had....  It's most damning statements of proof are when is asks you as the person watching "You gotta wonder".   Mind ....was..... blown.    I had never actually wondered until the video asked me to... and then I wondered...      

It really is hilarious.  Even the AP haters commenting on Youtube are mocking the thing for being just absolutely awful...    

19 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Just cause someone uses hgh, steroids or some performance enhancing drug it doesn’t mean they are bad people. Most people in the world if offered a pill, a shot or some sort of anything and you could fulfill your dreams and have more money than you could count. The majority of us would do it. Short cuts happen in every walk of life. It doesn’t make you a bad person just like everyone else. 

Exactly.

Im not endorsing steroids, but its far more prevelant than people want to believe. Its not just baseball either.

And its no excuse, but for every canseco, theres 100 minor league guys who used the same stuff and didnt make it to the majors. 

To me, the only people who have a right to complain are the older players. The ones who played clean and are watching records broken.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

It spends time talking about everyone else who did PEDs and then tries to make the associations to AP.   Basically the entire thing is built on the idea that AP was great until they started doing blood tests for HGH and since that time he's been injury prone/not great... and the proof is the plantar issues he's had....  It's most damning statements of proof are when is asks you as the person watching "You gotta wonder".   Mind ....was..... blown.    I had never actually wondered until the video asked me to... and then I wondered...      

It really is hilarious.  Even the AP haters commenting on Youtube are mocking the thing for being just absolutely awful...    

So its like the pujols version of loose change?

Loose mang?

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

For me the proof should be that as soon as he signed his final contract he started to suck.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bro -- watch it...   Given your line of work and the connections you have -- you're gonna crack up every time they call their work an "investigation".

So im guessing theres a lot of nameless sources?

It always amazes me how some people will believe some stranger on any given topic...given that the stranger was never around to speak to anyone actually involved, has access to anything important, or even visited wherever the subject took place.

Ie, "we know pujols juiced...even though weve never spoken to him, or anyone around him. We dont know exactly how steroids work...or how the testing works. But we talked to a guy, eho we wont name, who used to do steroids. And he said he can tell pujols is on the gear based on how big he is."

2 minutes ago, nate said:

For me the proof should be that as soon as he signed his final contract he started to suck.

He had a 4.8 WAR his first season here and a 5.3 WAR the year before.  Nate you have to remember before PEDs that players actually declined and it started around 32 or 33.  

He didn’t really suck for the Angels until this last season.  

They just weren’t the god numbers he had when he was a Cardinal.  Would have been nice to get one of those years.  Angel fans are so negative about him but he’s had a couple of very good years.  A couple OK ones and one bad and one really bad one.  He hasn’t aged great,  but I don’t think it’s tremendously abnormal.   

We all know I think.  If you want to play in the blue chip FA game you have to give out contracts that will be terrible in the end.  That’s just how it is.  Hopefully we give Trout whatever he wants.  I don’t give a fuck how it is in the end. 

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He had a 4.8 WAR his first season here and a 5.3 WAR the year before.  Nate you have to remember before PEDs that players actually declined and it started around 32 or 33.  

Or the body is still benefiting from PEDs for a while after stopping taking them.  The next year he produced a .6 fWAR

19 minutes ago, nate said:

Or the body is still benefiting from PEDs for a while after stopping taking them.  The next year he produced a .6 fWAR

He only played 99 games on one foot his second season. His WAR (bbref) dropped from his first season at 4.8 to 1.5 then jumped back up to 3.9.