• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols Documentary

IheartLA

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Believe me to you it’s much more about shitting on Albert than anything else.  You can say it’s about winning games but that rings hollow when you post an hour smear campaign that has zero proof of anything but a ton of speculation. And what’s worse is you posted it as some sort of “this will show them”.  

I can see your point of view, but this is an Angels' forum, the video could be interesting to some. I came across it and was curious to see what others thought of it. 

I get it you hate me, but why defend Pujols, the dude sucks. The sooner he leaves the better. Eventually we will have to cross that bridge, no way we go through 4 more years of torture peacefully. 

2 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

then he needs to go on the DL-60 or be Fielder'ed. If something is enough to cripple you then you shouldn't be out there on the baseball field, Pujols will get his money either way. It's about winning baseball games.

Um... plantar issues usually eventually heal. Look, I am not saying that Pujols will suddenly become a 40/40 guy or anything, but half of the board is acting like he has to be unhooked from life support before he's dragged to the ball park.

I'm just saying that it's not crazy for him to rebound a little bit next year. Will it be worth his contract? Hell no. Could he be a 1 or 2 war player that enables us to use Ohtani in the best way possible? I think it's doable. 

5 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Um... plantar issues usually eventually heal. Look, I am not saying that Pujols will suddenly become a 40/40 guy or anything, but half of the board is acting like he has to be unhooked from life support before he's dragged to the ball park.

I'm just saying that it's not crazy for him to rebound a little bit next year. Will it be worth his contract? Hell no. Could he be a 1 or 2 war player that enables us to use Ohtani in the best way possible? I think it's doable. 

This is basically how I feel.  

No amount of hand wringing from guys on here will get the Angels to release him or to bench him.  He’s had one truly awful season.  He’s just severely over paid and that’s not going to change until he retires.  We are doing all this bitching and complaining for what, so C.J. Cron or Luis Valbuena can get more at bats?  Um ok.  

Good news to the guys that hate him, if he embarrasses himself again this coming season he’s one step closer to stepping away.  

1 hour ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Pujols also had arthroscopic knee surgery in 2012 and suffered through plantar fasciitis in 2013 which means he's been going through this foot issue for what 5 years now?  And you think someday he will magically heal from it.  Ok.  

Many would say his body is breaking down.

The worst part is that he's playing  through the foot issue just so he can chase the HR record while simultaneously  crippling his teams playoff chances. And that's very selfish.

So..  my thoughts on Albert are pretty simple...   He's not lived up to the contract as expected.  At the same time his decline has not been typical of that of an inner circle HOFer,  and that's been unexpected.  The plantar issues have pretty much wrecked him...    Considering one of them snapped and the other one was surgically removed finally -- plantar issues can't be used as an excuse anymore...

I could live with a couple years of 2016 AP..  He'd still wouldn't be living up to his contract but at least he wouldn't be a black hole.  To further elaborate....  IMO, anything he does with an OBP below .325 is a black hole.  Because of his career you have to give him a mulligan for 2017...  he's earned that much regardless of his performance to date in Anaheim.   A repeat of his 2017 numbers and it really is time for Eppler and company to have a long hard talk with AP about how he wants to exit the game.

The thing I most hate about the AP situation is that the Angels may have to part with a flawed yet useful controllable bat in Cron.  All things being equal, I'd much rather keep the guy that rakes RHPs and has seen his defense improve immensely than the statue formerly known as Albert Pujols.

It will never happen, but good lord can you imagine if the Angels could have slotted Cron back behind the plate....   He was a catcher his entire life until a shoulder injury his last year of college...  At worst he has to be the teams emergency catcher?

• 4 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 1:07 PM, SuperTroopers said:

We sure needed another Albert hater.  Dude is to Albert as AnaheimBob is to Scioscia.  I’ll put my Albert is his age logic and put it against what other people think about his age any day.  

you still think Pujols is 38? We will have a 45 yr old Pujols hitting 4th for us at the end of his contract. You have got to be kidding me..

1 minute ago, IheartLA said:

you still think Pujols is 38? We will have a 45 yr old Pujols hitting 4th for us at the end of his contract. You have got to be kidding me..

Yea I’m surprised that someone would come here and go back to school for not one but two years.  Then play well enough in high school to get a scholarship to a JC.   Then he plays so well that he gets drafted in the 13th round.  So if he’s not his stated age I’ll be surprised based on what I posted above.   If you think that’s normal for a 19 year old to want to go back to school for two more years, that’s cool I guess.   I don’t know of a single person that would ever do that.