• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Las Vegas Shooting

Lhalo

3 minutes ago, TSD said:

This is blatantly untrue.  I've been to dozens of shows and have never seen one, and without the proper background check and Federal stamp (that takes almost a year) you wouldn't be able to buy one.

Guns are extremely restricted in most of Europe, so terrorists just cut people's throats, blow stuff up, and drive large trucks through crowds.  Would you prefer that?

The problem is crazy people.  We live in a world where many don't have access to mental health care, violence is glorified (thanks Hollywood), and people have 100 facebook friends but in reality are isolated in their own little world.

Literally everyone had guns where I grew up.  In my entire town of about 1200 there was never a murder for the 22 years I lived there.  Never even heard of someone pointing a gun at another person.

We have a cultural problem. A sick, Godless, I'll do whatever I feel like culture.

The murder rate in the US is that of a third world country.

Also, you can google how to change a semi-automatic weapon to an automatic weapon and find plenty of youtube videos or suggestions on what to ask at gun shows.

2 minutes ago, TSD said:

We have a cultural problem. A sick, Godless, I'll do whatever I feel like culture.

To me this is the biggest issue.  I'm completely fine with average Joe's not having automatic rifles or high capacity magazines but I watch the news and read articles about the things some people do and I think we've gone off the rails in some ways as a society.  I realize that 20 years ago we didn't hear about every little thing because of where the internet/reporting was but these days people would rather stand around with a cell phone and be the first one to record a video rather than stopping someone from getting beaten, robbed or worse.  Some people flat out just don't give a **** about doing wrong to others and/or watching something done to others that is wrong while they laugh at it.    

1 minute ago, Mark68 said:

Here's the question I often ponder:

Why is it that these worthless fuckers have to take so many out before they die? Do us all a favor and just put a revolver up to your head and pull the trigger. Why do you need to kill so many others before your end comes?

freedom

2 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Here's the question I often ponder:

Why is it that these worthless fuckers have to take so many out before they die? Do us all a favor and just put a revolver up to your head and pull the trigger. Why do you need to kill so many others before your end comes?

Why does someone kill their wife and kids before offing themselves?  Why does someone kill an ex before taking their own life?  Anyone who will do harm to others before offing themselves has some kind of mental issues and is a selfish.  How they got to that point can be debated to death.   

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

She describes herself on Facebook as VP and Senior Counsel at CBS. I wonder if there will be any consequences. No comment from the network so far.

i'm pretty political, but i don't understand how anybody's mind could go there. i just don't. most of them were probably republicans?  seriously, you inhuman pos?

Just now, Thomas said:

You do know the federal requirements and restrictions for automatic firearms in this country regardless of state, right?

Unless the gun was purchased prior to 1980 or something, then it can be bought and sold privately no problem.

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

To me this is the biggest issue.  I'm completely fine with average Joe's not having automatic rifles or high capacity magazines but I watch the news and read articles about the things some people do and I think we've gone off the rails in some ways as a society.  I realize that 20 years ago we didn't hear about every little thing because of where the internet/reporting was but these days people would rather stand around with a cell phone and be the first one to record a video rather than stopping someone from getting beaten, robbed or worse.  Some people flat out just don't give a **** about doing wrong to others and/or watching something done to others that is wrong while they laugh at it.    

We have an inherently violent culture compared to many other countries, which is ingrained through participation in pretty much every major conflict throughout the last century and glorification of violence in the media. The gun ownership is a symptom of the culture. 

7 minutes ago, nate said:

Lol.

Anyway, fully automatic weapons are legal in Nevada.

Lol?  Nothing funny about this.  You're spewing BS and we're trying to have a reasonable discussion about what is clearly a serious problem in this country.  I don't want semi autos banned but obviously you can't have this continuing either.  Your position is clear but please don't spread lies.  It's time for an honest conversation in this country but that means no more rhetoric or exaggerations from either side.  Guns are not evil, people are.  But you don't need to defend your home against a small army either.  There is a middle ground.

Actual FACTS:  Full autos are "legal" in almost every state.  But you can only buy ones that were made before 1986, and they cost at least 20 grand each for a rifle.  I doubt this guy had gone through the years of background checks and shelled out 200k or more for the ten he evidently had.  You CAN NOT buy any class 3 item at a gun show.  You could put money down, then get it 9 months or more later if you pass all checks.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Unless the gun was purchased prior to 1980 or something, then it can be bought and sold privately no problem.

Wrong.

You have strong opinions on something which you clearly don't know the facts about.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I take it as no, you don't know. Understood.

Maybe you don't.

Nevada law does not require firearms owners to have licenses, register their weapons, or limits the number of firearms an individual posses. Automatic assault weapons and machine guns are also legal in the state as long as they are registered and are possessed in adherence to federal law, according to the National Rifle Association.

http://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-gun-laws-open-carry-concealed-weapon-machine-guns-all-legal-nevada-675310

Just now, nate said:

Maybe you don't.

Nevada law does not require firearms owners to have licenses, register their weapons, or limits the number of firearms an individual posses. Automatic assault weapons and machine guns are also legal in the state as long as they are registered and are possessed in adherence to federal law, according to the National Rifle Association.

http://www.newsweek.com/las-vegas-gun-laws-open-carry-concealed-weapon-machine-guns-all-legal-nevada-675310

You um, ignored the federal part of the response.

11 minutes ago, nate said:

The murder rate in the US is that of a third world country.

Also, you can google how to change a semi-automatic weapon to an automatic weapon and find plenty of youtube videos or suggestions on what to ask at gun shows.

We're not even in the top 50.

According to this list, we're 99th in the world.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5/rankings