• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Las Vegas Shooting

Lhalo

11 minutes ago, Glen said:

For the record, this morning was first time Trump's response to a tragic event was actually decent. 

It was scripted like all other speeches by most all presidents.  What caught my ear was how it just seemed like he was seething angry in his tone towards much of his speech.  He calmed down towards the end.  But it felt like he was about to go off the script and just go on a twitrant at any point.

Just now, gotbeer said:

It was scripted like all other speeches by most all presidents.  What caught my ear was how it just seemed like he was seething angry in his tone towards much of his speech.  He calmed down towards the end.  But it felt like he was about to go off the script and just go on a twitrant at any point.

I'm sure that's coming the next time he has to take a dump.

12 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

So, just curious, how many "good guys with a gun" would it have taken to ensure this asshole didn't complete what he set out to do?

I'm guessing those "good guys with a gun", if they knew the origin of the shots, would have injured a lot more people by firing in the air (toward the 32nd floor) and having gravity do what gravity does with the bullets.

I mean, fucking seriously, a country and a people as violent as ours and as fucked up in the head as ours SHOULD NEVER HAVE ACCESS TO THESE TYPES OF WEAPONS!

I don't care if "only criminals will have them". Here's why:

1) It should make them easier to deal with and convict.

2) Why make it easy?

Here in the Denver area, gun stores are broken into constantly. Remove gun stores, and it becomes harder to get guns. Not impossible, but harder.

As I said previously in my Ducks comment.  I think it's going to be a commonplace in these types of venues to have police snipers.  One of these could have made a difference.  Dallas should have been the wake up call.  But I think this will really cause the headache of headaches for law enforcement and their strategy to protect large groups of people.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

As I said previously in my Ducks comment.  I think it's going to be a commonplace in these types of venues to have police snipers.  One of these could have made a difference.  Dallas should have been the wake up call.  But I think this will really cause the headache of headaches for law enforcement and their strategy to protect large groups of people.

There is one of those at the entrance to Downtown Disney.

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think the odds are still strong that at some point in the next 48 hours he will identify this as opportunity to rile up his base by painting them as unjust victims of liberal anti gun politics.  

Maybe but my gut says he'll implicate possible terrorist ties even if there is no evidence of any.

26 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

I'm guessing those "good guys with a gun", if they knew the origin of the shots, would have injured a lot more people by firing in the air (toward the 32nd floor) and having gravity do what gravity does with the bullets.

Was talking with a guy at work about this. Were both designated riflemen at work (SWAT in the field before SWAT is activated). Even with the rifle, shooting up at the 30th floor, and it being surrounded by other hotel rooms...i couldnt make that shot with my field rifle. Maybe with an actual sniper rifle, but not with anything less.

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was talming with a guy at work about this. Were both designated riflemen at work (SWAT in the field before SWAT is activated). Even wkth the rifle, shooting up at the 30th floor, and it being surrounded by other hotel rooms...i couldnt make that shot with my field rifle. Maybe with an actual sniper rifle, but not with anything less.

Yeah, but you know that wouldn't stop most of these yahoos from trying it.

After all, they had to remind Floridians to not shoot at Hurricane Irma.

The media speculation about the weapons used is all over the place. People on the news are talking about "semi-automatic rifle", etc. which seems absurd. I've listened to those cell phone videos over and over and hear at least 8-10 rounds per second, for an extended time. Rapid bursts and it just goes on and on...that's not a semi!

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The media speculation about the weapons used is all over the place. People on the news are talking about "semi-automatic rifle", etc. which seems absurd. I've listened to those cell phone videos over and over and hear at least 8-10 rounds per second, for an extended time. Rapid bursts and it just goes on and on...that's not a semi!

Yea who knows, but I can tell you.  One of those semi automatic ar-15 (like) rifles.  Those fuckers can unleash a hail of bullets man.  Literally as fast as you can pull the trigger. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

All the speculation I've seen suggests legally purchased semi-auto rifles modified to fire auto. A true automatic would have likely far exceeded the rate of fire recorded.

hayley geftman-gold isn't a real human

what the fuck is WRONG with people?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/cbs-legal-exec-no-sympathy-because-country-music-fans-often-are-republican/

A top legal executive at CBS, Hayley Geftman-Gold, said she “is not even sympathetic” for the victims of the shooting at a country music festival at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas Sunday night.

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing,” wrote Geftman-Gold on Facebook, perhaps referring to Sandy Hook. “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

3 hours ago, nate said:

Is this a joke?

You can walk into almost any gun show and get what you need to convert a rifle to fully automatic.  Also, unless the laws have changed Montana and Wyoming used to allow sale of them.

This is blatantly untrue.  I've been to dozens of shows and have never seen one, and without the proper background check and Federal stamp (that takes almost a year) you wouldn't be able to buy one.

Guns are extremely restricted in most of Europe, so terrorists just cut people's throats, blow stuff up, and drive large trucks through crowds.  Would you prefer that?

The problem is crazy people.  We live in a world where many don't have access to mental health care, violence is glorified (thanks Hollywood), and people have 100 facebook friends but in reality are isolated in their own little world.

Literally everyone had guns where I grew up.  In my entire town of about 1200 there was never a murder for the 22 years I lived there.  Never even heard of someone pointing a gun at another person.

We have a cultural problem. A sick, Godless, I'll do whatever I feel like culture.

Just now, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/cbs-legal-exec-no-sympathy-because-country-music-fans-often-are-republican/

A top legal executive at CBS, Hayley Geftman-Gold, said she “is not even sympathetic” for the victims of the shooting at a country music festival at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas Sunday night.

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing,” wrote Geftman-Gold on Facebook, perhaps referring to Sandy Hook. “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

Yea this is a terrible take. 

These were lots of young people and it doesn't really matter who all was there. 

That said, she's not wrong that it won't change the hearts of the people who were able to stomach sandy hook. 

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It was clearly full auto.  Very regular high rate of fire. Not bump fire and certainly not semi auto.  Probably illegally modified. Doesn't really matter.  Sick people who are determined enough always seem to find a way.

3 minutes ago, TSD said:

This is blatantly untrue.  I've been to dozens of shows and have never seen one, and without the proper background check and Federal stamp (that takes almost a year) you wouldn't be able to buy one.

Guns are extremely restricted in most of Europe, so terrorists just cut people's throats, blow stuff up, and drive large trucks through crowds.  Would you prefer that?

The problem is crazy people.  We live in a world where many don't have access to mental health care, violence is glorified (thanks Hollywood), and people have 100 facebook friends but in reality are isolated in their own little world.

Literally everyone had guns where I grew up.  In my entire town of about 1200 there was never a murder for the 22 years I lived there.  Never even heard of someone pointing a gun at another person.

We have a cultural problem. A sick, Godless, I'll do whatever I feel like culture.

Hey ! The guy that thinks black people are genetically dumb. 

As if your experience in some little town is indicative of jack shit.

You might be the most awful poster on this forum.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

She describes herself on Facebook as VP and Senior Counsel at CBS. I wonder if there will be any consequences. No comment from the network so far.