• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Las Vegas Shooting

2 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

I think he did carry those guns into his room nonchalantly. They could have been hidden in a golf bag, any large piece of luggage, even an instrument case (not to bring up movies like El Mariachi, but...). Since he lived in Mesquite, he could have just loaded them up in his car and brought them up to his room, and nobody would have been the wiser.

I suspect that will change now.

I also suspect that many of the hotels on the Strip will add bullet-proof windows  or some such, and of course, we, the guests, will have higher room rates.

Problem with bullet proof windows is, if there is a fire, no way to break the windows.  And lately, there have been quite a few fires in the hotels in Vegas.  

1 hour ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

hayley geftman-gold isn't a real human

what the fuck is WRONG with people?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/02/cbs-legal-exec-no-sympathy-because-country-music-fans-often-are-republican/

A top legal executive at CBS, Hayley Geftman-Gold, said she “is not even sympathetic” for the victims of the shooting at a country music festival at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas Sunday night.

“If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing,” wrote Geftman-Gold on Facebook, perhaps referring to Sandy Hook. “I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

Soon to be fired. And should be, her politics are as cold hearted as any terrorist.

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

must be a great morning over at the NRA.  Imagine having to cook up some bullshit statement about unrestricted access to guns on a day like this. 

won't surprise me one bit to hear someone claim "well, if the patrons at the concert were armed, they could have gunned down the shooter themselves."

As far as the (former) CBS exec is concerned, she is a cold-hearted bitch who should have been fired. I have no love for country music, and I know a lot of people who listen to it are Republicans, but still, they ARE people. They have families. And they now have had trauma visited upon them. Anybody who is as callous as this chick was/is deserves whatever special Karmic fate awaits them.

I may disagree with conservatives on almost every issue, but I don't wish them dead. After all, I'm related to some of them.

And as far as gun violence in the inner cities are concerned, I will speak up, as one of the token liberals on this board. I detest violence in all its forms, and that includes gang violence. However, I do think that many conservatives are disingenuous when bringing up that canard. Much of that violence originates from systemic socioeconomic issues that the GOP does little (if anything) to address (in fact, neither party has thought up any real solutions to address the socioeconomic causes of inner city violence, other than token acknowledgement). That violence is coming from a different place than that of single mass shooting incidents like this, which, I believe, originate from a mental health standpoint.

In other words, we love our guns. It's a health issue, but god forbid the NRA allowing the government to study it as such. We live in a violent society. I believe that to my bones. Our country was founded on violence and it continues to be perpetuated to this day. THAT is a societal issue.

54 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Good things don't come out of fear and anger.  A rational conversation and debate could lead to some good results but.......

Gun control is not a reaction to fear and anger tho dude.  It's rational thinking.  Imagining you need an AR-15 is what irrational and fear based. 

51 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Active shooter at USC now?

44 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's all over Twitter, but very little on local news. KFI is reporting "shots fired" but unconfirmed.

Okay, Channel 4 now covering it. Lots of police cars.

No shooter at USC. Lot's of rumors flying around today...

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Gun control is not a reaction to fear and anger tho dude.  It's rational thinking.  Imagining you need an AR-15 is what irrational and fear based. 

You aren't getting what I am saying.  We can talk gun control, but not if fear and anger are driving the conversation 

On a kinda related point re: the woman fired by CBS, some friends of mine have a daughter who's a freshman in college, and very progressive in her politics. What's troubling them is she has frequently vented on Facebook with a lot of shocking profanities aimed at specific conservative individuals.

They're worried about this coming back to haunt her someday, as she might apply to Harvard Law and other elite schools, and she fancies a future as an attorney. I think law schools and prospective employers are known to look into an applicant's online history. She doesn't seem to have an online rhetorical filter. Not good.

Edited by fan_since79

33 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

As far as the (former) CBS exec is concerned, she is a cold-hearted bitch who should have been fired. I have no love for country music, and I know a lot of people who listen to it are Republicans, but still, they ARE people. They have families. And they now have had trauma visited upon them. Anybody who is as callous as this chick was/is deserves whatever special Karmic fate awaits them.

Not only that, but to assume everyone in that crowd subscribed to any particular politic is ridiculous. A crowd of individuals were shot at, none individually targetted. For this dumb bitch to make her dumbass statement about politics, regardless of the makeup of the crowd, is a joke. 

The gaggle of girls i know who were there were all hillary voters...dont really fit the narrative. I imagine the staff, the labor guys, cleanup guys, beer vendors etc likely include people who are anti gun, liberal, however we want to label them.

No one in that crowd deserved anything.

When did we in this country arrive at the point that everyone who disagrees with our political point of view is a demon and deserves whatever misfortune might befall them?

And that works for both sides. Whoever disagrees with me is evil. When did that happen??

Just a terrible state of affairs.

Edited by fan_since79

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

On a kinda related point re: the woman fired by CBS, some friends of mine have a daughter who's a freshman in college, and very progressive in her politics. What's troubling them is she has frequently vented on Facebook with a lot of shocking profanities aimed at specific conservative individuals.

They're worried about this coming back to haunt her someday, as she might apply to Harvard Law and other elite schools, and she fancies a future as an attorney. I think law schools and prospective employers are known to look into an applicant's online history. She doesn't seem to have an online rhetorical filter. Not good.

i wouldn't worry about harvard.

they accepted a kid recently who's entire application essay was literally "#blacklivesmatter" a hundred times.

A lot of Americans travel to Dubai. That's not a red flag. It's a popular tourist spot. The authorities ruled out the girlfriend as a suspect but they still want to talk to her.

I didn't know he worked for NASA. That might be a different Steve Paddock. Why would he be on a study team with Carl Sagan and other bigwigs? He was an accountant. I knew he worked years ago at Lockheed Martin here in the Southland. His ex-wife lives in Cerritos and she won't talk to the media. They've been divorced for 25 years.

Edited by fan_since79

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

A lot of Americans travel to Dubai. That's not a red flag. It's a popular tourist spot. The authorities ruled out the girlfriend as a suspect but they still want to talk to her.

I didn't know he worked for NASA. That might be a different Steve Paddock. I knew he worked years ago at Lockheed Martin here in the Southland. His ex-wife lives in Cerritos and she won't talk to the media. They've been divorced for 25 years.

I don't read much into the Dubai thing, it's very little to go on.

The NASA thing is from 1993 it shows, and the fact that there is a guy who looks just like him, wearing a NASA shirt in the Nevada area just can't be a coincidence.