• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Las Vegas Shooting

Lhalo

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I wonder what the percentage is of the population who believe silencers behave like they do in the movies.

I spent an hour one time shooting hand guns and rifles.  That's about the extent of my experience with guns.  I could care less if I touch one again (I guess I wouldn't mind trying out skeet shooting...seems fun) I absolutely assume silencers work like they do in video games and movies.  If they do not.  Please explain. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You can, but it degrades quickly. Also ruins velocity, but with him being elevated it wouldnt matter as much.

They had a former FBI sniper interviewed.  And he said at that distance, and vantage point.  There was really no aiming with the type of guns he had.  He was just shooting at sections, and with 20k people, just spraying shots would hit people.

good t

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

They had a former FBI sniper interviewed.  And he said at that distance, and vantage point.  There was really no aiming with the type of guns he had.  He was just shooting at sections, and with 20k people, just spraying shots would hit people.

well, good thing for him he probably had large capacity magazines...it's always such a pain in the freedom to have to swap them out after 7 or so shots.

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I spent an hour one time shooting hand guns and rifles.  That's about the extent of my experience with guns.  I could care less if I touch one again (I guess I wouldn't mind trying out skeet shooting...seems fun) I absolutely assume silencers work like they do in video games and movies.  If they do not.  Please explain. 

I believe that the power of a gun is compression of the explosion behind the bullet.  A gun bore is rifled so that the bullet fits snuggly through the barrel to let the explosion behind the bullet propel it quickly and efficiently.  A silencer isn't a magic attachment that muffles sound.  More than likely, it has bored holes in it so that not as much sound leaves the barrel.  Just think of it like a car muffler.  If you put your hand in front of your muffler, there isn't a huge amount of force coming out of the opening.  But if you got rid of the muffler, not only will the sound be very loud, but the force of the exhaust coming out would be greater.  Of course, with bored holes, that means not as much force will push the bullet.  So close range, it won't make as much of a difference.  But long range, it would really decrease the force of a shot.  

Edited by gotbeer

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

must be a great morning over at the NRA.  Imagine having to cook up some bullshit statement about unrestricted access to guns on a day like this. 

they don't have to 

gun sales will go up

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Exactly. Hes not a sniper (overused term), he was basically in a machine gun bunker. Think the beginning of saving private ryan.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Gun manufacture stocks were up 5% this morning from the rather unofficial sources I saw.

"If only the concertgoers were armed with sniper rifles, body armor, and night vision, and gotten proper training courtesy of the military-industrial complex, they could have assumed safe positions and gunned down the shooter, preventing all of this."

So, just curious, how many "good guys with a gun" would it have taken to ensure this asshole didn't complete what he set out to do?

I'm guessing those "good guys with a gun", if they knew the origin of the shots, would have injured a lot more people by firing in the air (toward the 32nd floor) and having gravity do what gravity does with the bullets.

I mean, fucking seriously, a country and a people as violent as ours and as fucked up in the head as ours SHOULD NEVER HAVE ACCESS TO THESE TYPES OF WEAPONS!

I don't care if "only criminals will have them". Here's why:

1) It should make them easier to deal with and convict.

2) Why make it easy?

Here in the Denver area, gun stores are broken into constantly. Remove gun stores, and it becomes harder to get guns. Not impossible, but harder.

the current interpretation of the 2nd amendment isn't likely to change in my lifetime, so it's a waste of time to argue the politics of it. that's not true for many issues for me, but this is one of them. 

all i know is that i read about it when i got my students going on an assignment during first hour, and i had to leave the room to compose myself. i wish i could do something. 

The whole idea of gun ownership for "protection" is so laughable.

most of the "bad" people with guns are gang bangers who use them against other gang bangers.  Generally they don't want to bring attention to themselves  or their activities by randomly shooting up unrelated parties.  Of course bad things happen and of course occasionally a gun owner is able to be in a situation where the gun is helpful.  But those are such one off things.  They don't justify the way we live with guns in this country. 

The people who commit these mass shootings.  Don't fit the profile of "bad people with guns" 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

As a follow-up, the NRA talks a lot about how "law-abiding citizens" are having their second amendment rights infringed upon by delaying the process by background checks and the like.

Just remember, that every mass murderer is "law-abiding"--until they're not.

I wish I could give this 50 likes.