• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I think it's more offensive that anyone would play the dead soldier card like he's out to dishonor them. Reach any further into your ass to find an argument and you'll end up pulling out your lunch instead.

Somebody on my FB feed posted a meme with a disfigured amputee Marine, talking about how even he stood for the national anthem. 

I just don't see what Kaepernick did as a disrespect against the military.  I put my life on the line to protect the freedoms we have, not "symbols" of those freedoms. My military service means so much to me that it can't be insulted if someone insults the flag.

It takes great courage to go against the grain like Kaepernick has. I don't think his protect is something he did on a whim. He has a struggle and wanted to bring awareness to that struggle. I think it is sad people want to deny his personal struggle just because he is financially secure.

People will find the dumbest shit to get offended or upset about and run straight to social media to join the herd.

Interesting side note that some have mentioned to me in the past that were from different countries, we aren't the only ones, but one of the few countries that play our national anthem before every sports game, event, etc.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Who's denying him his "struggle?"

The post above you calling him an uneducated bystander on the subject.  Others have pointed how much money he makes, how his adoption parents are white, how himself is half white.  All of it trying to paint a picture that he should have nothing to complain about.   That he is privileged, and he doesn't know what "real" struggle is, and that he should just shut up and play football.

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

The post above you calling him an uneducated bystander on the subject.  Others have pointed how much money he makes, how his adoption parents are white, how himself is half white.  All of it trying to paint a picture that he should have nothing to complain about.   That he is privileged, and he doesn't know what "real" struggle is, and that he should just shut up and play football.

Yeah, but other than that and all the memes and all the people on social media who is?

22 minutes ago, Rico said:

Not what i was gettimg at at all. My point is that anyone who asks for recognition in any matter really has no voice unless they themself are part of it. 

Hes neither cop nor victim of police abuse. And i doubt very much that he could give any factual background on any of these high profile cases that have made the news, other than what social media has told him.

Ill start taking BLM serious as soon as they come out on any of these shootings and say "yeah, that guy deserved it."

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Hahahaha ... I'm sorry, in which post did I call him an uneducated bystander?

3 hours ago, nate said:

Kaep has a lot of money.  Maybe he should use some of it to help the NAACP or other organizations instead of protesting by sitting down like a baby.

That's kind of my thinking on this too. I 100% support his right to not stand and say whatever he wants . I also think he's wrong and is only pissing people off which isn't going to get people to listen to him. This country isn't perfect and people have misrepresented what it stands for but it has allowed him and all his teammates to make a lot of money playing a game they love. Kind of sounds like an American dream. He should show some gratitude