• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

7 hours ago, Thomas said:

It's really hard to discount their complaints entirely considering what the Department of Justice recently concluded about the Albuquerque Police Department.

And thats a fair enough critique. And id add that it comes with the business that what we do will always be second guessed (as it should). I have zero problems with body cams (i bought my own years ago because it sounded like a good idea), and i dont have any problem with people filming me with their cell.

My gripe is the continued lack of pointing fingers at the bad guy. And while that link you posted obviously paints that PD in a bad light (others are just as retarded), to label all cops based on what another did is as silly as saying all black people are gangsters, because look at those ones over there.

The bottom line is that this job, no matter what changes are made, will never be perfected...its human beings being asked to make on the spot situations. And the same human being could spend 20 years making the rights ones, and fuck it up in 20 seconds the next day.  

That cleveland shooting was a fuck up. That recent minnesotta one sounds like a fuck up. Etc etc. My problem is cases like mike brown, millwaqee a few weeks back etc getting tied in with those.

IMO, the BLM movement has a righteous message, and a good chunk of the people involved in it lose validity because any knucklehead can join it and say what theyd like under the company banner, so to speak.  

17 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Glen will dismiss this since Whitlock is fully black and doesn't understand what its like to be half black.

Hurr durr. I actually agree, for the most part, with what Whitlock said.

41 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Desecrating the flag would be "peaceful" as well, right? So is that acceptable then?

Just because someone is doing something non-violent doesn't mean it's all OK in the grand scheme.

This argument desecrates logic. What's the point of a hypothetical offense that wasn't committed?

9 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Because I got the impression from that tweet that any non-violent protest = OK.

Maybe i'm over reacting.

I think her point was that his protest of non-participation, the act of doing nothing, is pretty much as peaceful as a protest can get yet people are lining up to feel victimized by this egregious offense of not standing. So if you're overreacting you're certainly not alone.

13 minutes ago, Glen said:

What if I'm taking a dump when the national anthem comes on?  Am I supposed to stand over the toilet?  Do I remain seated and put my hand over my heart?

You should be doing that regardless of the anthem playing when doing that.

2 hours ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

Trump can say America isn't great and he's a presidential candidate who get's cheered.

Kap says America isn't great and Whitey loses his sh!t.

Whether or not you like him, Trump says what he will do to change things, and actively does something about it, at great personal expense, whereas Kap just sits around collecting a check for not working. Talk about reinforcing stereotypes