• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told Steve Wyche of NFL Media. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/27/kaepernick-refuses-to-show-pride-in-a-country-that-oppresses-black-people/

54 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Just out of curiosity, what makes it a garbage move?

I'm guessing you're a fan of the Black Lives Matter crowd? I'm not. 

I stand up when our national anthem is played. Simple respect for my country. 

Ergo, a garbage move. He's also a lousy quarterback, so there's that.

3 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I thought he was just getting his spot warmed up since losing his starting gig. 

Fuck him. He's a piece of shit. Love this country, or not, show respect for the men and women--white or colored--who have served this country. What a fucking pathetic piece of dog shit. 

I concur.

I have no problem with this.  The anthem and the flag are inconsequential.  What is important are the freedoms we have, the constitution.  The freedom of free speech and the right to protest.  Kaepernick is simply exercising his constitutional rights.  I think it is awesome in America he has that right.

he is certainly within his rights to protest things that are important to him. however, as an employee, something all of us know about, personal expression while you're on company time is rarely allowed (religion, politics, social issues, etc.). as such, he picked the wrong time to do this and did nothing to win over fans. his timing, especially after the olympics, couldn't have been any worse. this will come back to bite him in the butt, especially with his diminishing career circling the drain.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

I have no problem with this.  The anthem and the flag are inconsequential.  What is important are the freedoms we have, the constitution.  The freedom of free speech and the right to protest.  Kaepernick is simply exercising his constitutional rights.  I think it is awesome in America he has that right.

I have no issue with Kaepernickelback expressing his thoughts and exercising his constitutional right to free speech.  

I also have no issue with those are exercising their constitutional rights and responding to him.

You have freedom of speech.  You don't have freedom from it. 

20 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I have no issue with Kaepernickelback expressing his thoughts and exercising his constitutional right to free speech.  

I also have no issue with those are exercising their constitutional rights and responding to him.

You have freedom of speech.  You don't have freedom from it. 

Sweet.  So nobody has done anything wrong.

10 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I thought he was just getting his spot warmed up since losing his starting gig. 

Fuck him. He's a piece of shit. Love this country, or not, show respect for the men and women--white and colored

--who have served this country. What a fucking pathetic piece of dog shit. 

846-05647898em-1950s-PORTRAIT-OF-HAPPY-S