• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I love it when the national anthem is played.

While everyone stops in their tracks, I go get beers

Don't concessions pause for the anthem?

I know the people who watch over the foot traffic to help with escalator safety go Manchurian candidate.

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Again, another white guy telling us what Kaepernick was thinking. Thanks for clearing it up, Jay!

Because blacks and whites think so much differently. Thanks for clearing that up Glen.

8 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Doesn't he realize the taxes that this oppressive nation collects off his bloated contract are being used to fund the cycle of oppression?

Put your money where your mouth is and refuse to take a check. Kind of like cutting off terrorist funding.

Come on Colin, do your part, instead of playing up the stereotype of just sitting around and collecting a check for doing nothing.  

this is a good post, NJ. sitting out the anthem pisses off an awful lot of people and makes you look douchy, but it doesn't really address the problem he's protesting. it's also not one of those problems that is unknown to most people - there have been enough incidences and enough media coverage that everyone is well aware by now. so why not go to a city where this has been a problem - or just go to your own backyard in oakland - and donate a big check to an inner city school district for supplies or books or computers or whatever, or help fund a boys or girls club, or an inner city sports program, or do something of consequence. just sitting on your can because you're upset doesn't do anything. as my grandpa used to say, if you want something done, pick up a shovel and get going.

58 minutes ago, CF8 said:

Don't concessions pause for the anthem?

I know the people who watch over the foot traffic to help with escalator safety go Manchurian candidate.

yes, but while everyone stops to display their faux patriotism, I'm getting to the front of the line. 

4 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Black people are oppressed. That's his complaint.

And how broad is the meaning of "oppressed"? Or specific, for that matter. To my knowledge, he hasn't provided much detail.

Exactly, if he wants to be taken seriously he needs to be more specific. Otherwise he's just a whiny little turd.