• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

5 hours ago, arch stanton said:

What I find amusing is how many people make it personal about Kaep and refuse to admit that he might have the slightest inkling of a point to make because he's just a douche halfbreed jock. In fact, every time it's ever brought up that there might be a little injustice the argument gets skewed toward the messenger as if the message is secondary.

I think tank and I have expressed our opinion that the results he gets may not have any lasting effect on the issue he is bringing up.

I also think, especially in the cops are great thread that I am highly critical of the police.  Many of us are.

As Thomas said, my metric may be different than yours and his.

Kaep spoke about the issues last night after the game and announced that he is donating $1 million to organizations that fight injustice. I like what he said about people not wanting to admit that these problems exist and need to be addressed.  He talked about the lack of care for veterans as well.  

51 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think tank and I have expressed our opinion that the results he gets may not have any lasting effect on the issue he is bringing up.

I also think, especially in the cops are great thread that I am highly critical of the police.  Many of us are.

As Thomas said, my metric may be different than yours and his.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular or even limiting the observation to board members. It just seems that deflection, weak analogies and highjackers with quasi-related agendas tend to bury any talk of the issues they try to address. Actual victims with legitimate gripes get buried in an avalanche of hype and hyperbole which is often instigated by people who are supposedly on their side. 

It's always been tough to get more than a handful of people to focus when there's so many shiny distractions to get in the way. Wait, what was I talking about?

Kaepernick and the BLM people are fucking stupid. To the extent black people are oppressed, it is largely self-imposed. A black man is a thousand times more likely to be killed by another black man than by a bad cop. But let's keep making this about the police and ignore the real problems. And let's keep stereotyping all police for the actions of the bad 0.002 percent.

11 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Kaepernick and the BLM people are fucking stupid. To the extent black people are oppressed, it is largely self-imposed. A black man is a thousand times more likely to be killed by another black man than by a bad cop. But let's keep making this about the police and ignore the real problems. And let's keep stereotyping all police for the actions of the bad 0.002 percent.

Would you listen to this wop genius?