• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

8 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Because that is only said about black players?

Ridiculous.

this is just another tactic that is used to shut down debate.

Seriously, when was the last time it was said about a white athlete protesting something? 

28 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Because that is only said about black players?

Ridiculous.

this is just another tactic that is used to shut down debate.

But those saying the argument is invalid by using a literal ad hominem, ie "Spoiled and rich athlete", isn't?

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Of course it is.  That wasn't Rico's argument though.

No but when someone gives a lame argument such as "spoiled rich athlete" is often seems to be used a proxy for a different argument. Not always for racism as Rico implied but when the subject is a black athlete I don't suspect the percentage of it actually being the case being a trivial number either.

15 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

That isn't what Rico stated.  His statement was much broader and that is what we were responding to

I was referencing to Ted Cruz's tweet, but I've also heard other people say the same thing.  It comes off to me as, "Hey black athletes, shut up!"

11796083_G.jpg

Spoiled rich athlete only counts for black people if they are protesting.  I come up with an example of an athlete that was referred to as a spoiled rich athlete that is white and it isn't valid because he wasn't protesting?  That is dumb.  Show me how many white athletes protest and if they are professional more than likely they are rich.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Spoiled rich athlete only counts for black people if they are protesting.  I come up with an example of an athlete that was referred to as a spoiled rich athlete that is white and it isn't valid because he wasn't protesting?  That is dumb.  Show me how many white athletes protest and if they are professional more than likely they are rich.  

But that was literally Glen's question.  If you want to change the context of the question that is fine but you gotta say something since you are moving the goalposts. It came off as utterly bizarre as Nate pointed out.