• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Maybe they should just play the anthem before the players take the field.  They're doing that in the other football.

happened in washington, right? ladies soccer game. megan rapinho had threatened to sit out the anthem to support kaep, but the stadium officials switched the time of the anthem to prevent the sit out from happening.

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I never get this thought process in this thread. It's like saying AIDS is worse than cancer, as if multiple issues can't be worked on at the same time.

More like having cancer and a pulled muscle.

In any case, focusing on police and the criminal justice system allows some people to not accept any personal responsibility. "I/we are oppressed". 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

happened in washington, right? ladies soccer game. megan rapinho had threatened to sit out the anthem to support kaep, but the stadium officials switched the time of the anthem to prevent the sit out from happening.

Thought it was entertaining how pissed she was that they did that.

On 9/7/2016 at 1:11 PM, mtangelsfan said:

Except the smaller issue is outweighing the bigger one.  It isn't that it exists, it is that it exits in such a greater number.

The criminal justice system will always be weighted toward those who can pay for their defense.

Right. I think the main difference is, black on black violence isn't an instance of authority figures and an entire system taking advantage of a group of people based on skin color. So, to continue with the "cancer vs. AIDS" metaphor, it's kind of like cancer (black on black violence) and intentional, systematic malpractice on the cancer patient (BLM).

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Right. I think the main difference is, black on black violence isn't an instance of authority figures and an entire system taking advantage of a group of people based on skin color. So, to continue with the "cancer vs. AIDS" metaphor, it's kind of like cancer (black on black violence) and intentional, systematic malpractice on the cancer patient (BLM).

I get what you are saying.  Starting on the bottom and working your way up is horrible and that is an understatement.  I just think that the bigger problem is what should receive the most attention (and therefore the most work to fix).  There are definitely some dragons among the windmills but I would rather fight the army in front of me instead.

21 hours ago, Taylor said:

So if there is no cancer then there will be no malpractice?

1 hour ago, Glen said:

And while you're at it, get a loan from your parents to start a business. 

Or get educated, work, build credit and save all while learning the industry and successful business fundamentals. Just like how almost every other business was born.

There are two types of people in the US. Americans and American'ts.