• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

I have a black friend, he drives a newish Silverado.  Nothing too fancy.  He told me the other day he gets pulled over roughly once a month.  He doesn't get a ticket, they just tell him his vehicle "fit the description."

Now I've never been pulled over in my life.  So I'm thinking he must be a terrible driver, or something else must be going on here.  There are many ways to oppress people.

I know you mean well but your logic is poor, at best. And your example leaves you open to get destroyed in any discourse. 

Good luck.

30 minutes ago, Rico said:

I have a black friend, he drives a newish Silverado.  Nothing too fancy.  He told me the other day he gets pulled over roughly once a month.  He doesn't get a ticket, they just tell him his vehicle "fit the description."

Now I've never been pulled over in my life.  So I'm thinking he must be a terrible driver, or something else must be going on here.  There are many ways to oppress people.

I saw it happen when I was in high school. My girlfriend was driving her pickup and I was riding along. She gets pulled over for no apparent reason and gets the fits a description and the deputy shoots me a death glare. God knows what description a 17 year old black girl in a F150 matches.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

When you have to repeatedly defend yourself as "not racist" it's likely because you have been saying racist shit all day and you don't even notice anymore.

When you repeatedly call someone or a group racist it is a direct reflection of your own insecurities. Sack up Rico. 

38 minutes ago, Rico said:

How is Karl Malone doing nowadays?

Racism exists, it's very rare these days but it exists. There is no denying that. And because it exists it will occupy different areas of life, this includes police. It will never go away, it's like trying to make murder go away.

As CF8 said though that's way different than saying your country is oppressive. That's just blatantly stupid. Calling people racist that point out the stupidity of it is also stupid. So much stupid happening.

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I saw it happen when I was in high school. My girlfriend was driving her pickup and I was riding along. She gets pulled over for no apparent reason and gets the fits a description and the deputy shoots me a death glare. God knows what description a 17 year old black girl in a F150 matches.

I've been pulled over for BS reasons, too, and I'm as white as can be. If I was black I might think it was based on skin color. I've met cool cops but I've had poor experiences as well. It's even worse for blacks.

13 minutes ago, CF8 said:

I've been pulled over for BS reasons, too, and I'm as white as can be. If I was black I might think it was based on skin color. I've met cool cops but I've had poor experiences as well. It's even worse for blacks.

Um...yeah. That's basically the truth of it.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

"racism is so minimal it's crazy compared to previous generations."

Who are you to belittle what someone else is going through?

I hate, hate, hate this method of argument.  This is doing exactly what you were complaining about.  Shutting down debate.  Everyone has things about them that are unique.  This line of argument seeks to negate other points of view.

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Racism exists, it's very rare these days but it exists. There is no denying that. And because it exists it will occupy different areas of life, this includes police. It will never go away, it's like trying to make murder go away.

i'm not sure where you're getting your info, but to say that racism today is "very rare" is just flat out wrong. it may not be as out in the open as it once was, but rare? hardly. i see plenty of it here on my Christian campus just in the jr. high.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm not sure where you're getting your info, but to say that racism today is "very rare" is just flat out wrong. it may not be as out in the open as it once was, but rare? hardly. i see plenty of it here on my Christian campus just in the jr. high.

I presume you call the bad actors out on their racism.

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Lots of people have their own prejudices i'm sure they keep to themselves. I'm talking about actually acting on it.

telling racial jokes, stereotyping, and laughing or making fun of people's differences may not be the same as forcing blacks to the back of the bus or refusing to serve them in your restaurant, but it's not a healthy thing by any stretch of the imagination. with kids, it fosters an attitude of "you're not as good as me because you're different" or "i'm better than you because xxxxxxx."  none of it is good, whether it's actions, words, or a secret prejudice no one knows about.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

telling racial jokes, stereotyping, and laughing or making fun of people's differences may not be the same as forcing blacks to the back of the bus or refusing to serve them in your restaurant, but it's not a healthy thing by any stretch of the imagination. with kids, it fosters an attitude of "you're not as good as me because you're different" or "i'm better than you because xxxxxxx."  none of it is good, whether it's actions, words, or a secret prejudice no one knows about.

I could see that, and tend to agree with you. However this happens with all races, it's not just directed towards Blacks or Hispanics.

23 minutes ago, CF8 said:

What have you seen?

mostly we deal with derogatory comments about someone's race. it gets mixed in with bullying. 

you should note that i'm at a fairly small parochial school with 96 students in our jr. high. we don't have gang issues or turf wars, or things like that.