• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dude didn't even vote... he's not even registered to vote.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article114803073.html

Colin Kaepernick has never registered to vote in any election

Colin Kaepernick raised eyebrows last week when he revealed that he did not vote in the presidential election amid a football season in which his protest of racial inequality gained national attention.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Dude didn't even vote... he's not even registered to vote.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article114803073.html

Colin Kaepernick has never registered to vote in any election

Colin Kaepernick raised eyebrows last week when he revealed that he did not vote in the presidential election amid a football season in which his protest of racial inequality gained national attention.

how does voting or needing to vote relate to citizens of this country being concerned bout inequality or social injustices?

plus, i didn't vote (no need to in a blue state that calls the votes for candidates with only 5% votes tallied), does that make my opinion or concerns any less or invalid? ......granted you don't see me bitch or whine in this forum, i don't really focus on shit i can't control.

I know there are some non-voters here who probably sympathize with his apathy but he's not even registered to vote...

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion... just seems odd that a person would make a political spectacle of himself and then not bother to exercise his basic political rights.

17 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

how does voting or needing to vote relate to citizens of this country being concerned bout inequality or social injustices?

plus, i didn't vote (no need to in a blue state that calls the votes for candidates with only 5% votes tallied), does that make my opinion or concerns any less or invalid? ......granted you don't see me bitch or whine in this forum, i don't really focus on shit i can't control.

The problem I have about people who choose not to vote is when they do complain. Like Kaepernick. If there are issues that are really important to me then I guess I vote for the candidate that best shares my beliefs. That way I can say I did the only thing I could do to help make that change.  I guess voting (especially her in California) is more of a symbolic thing. 

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

I vote every election but I don't see the issue here with Kap.  I didn't really agree with his tactics and now it seems these protests are as successful as the ice bucket challenge.  

This is something else, everyone can voice their thoughts and opinions in this country.  

Kapernick was demanding change. How else can we as citizens make that change outside of voting (yes, I know that neither candidate is going to change anything)? I guess he can run for office and hope people choose to vote for him.

8 minutes ago, Stringfellow said:

yeah, he started protesting after two more unarmed dudes were murked by police. not sure how that has anything to do with voting.

I think his issue was deeper than that. A lot of people choose not to vote and that's fine. Add all those people up and it does make a difference on who gets elected.