• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

5 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I take off my hat off and place my hand on my heart with my hat at my shoulder like the Code requires.  I've been to a lot of places in the world and am so happy I was born American.  I don't see why it's so hard to show respect to our country and all those that died to give us the opportunity to live in such a great place.

And I am a social liberal and vote democrat.  

America is not without its faults, but it's better than 99% of the other options.

@Glen will this do as an explanation for what it means to disrespect the flag/or what it represents?

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

I take off my hat off and place my hand on my heart with my hat at my shoulder like the Code requires.  I've been to a lot of places in the world and am so happy I was born American.  

I do too, but mostly because I don't like to draw attention to myself, and because I don't have much to complain about.

6 hours ago, Adam said:

I don't know I guess I don't find much meaning in ritual. But I don't like negative attention so I've always stood.

BTW / where the hell is the flag at angel stadium? Everyone always just looks at the big screen.

That's a question for John Lackey. 

7 hours ago, Adam said:

I don't know I guess I don't find much meaning in ritual. But I don't like negative attention so I've always stood.

BTW / where the hell is the flag at angel stadium? Everyone always just looks at the big screen.

The flags are just to the left of the big screen above the seats in Right Center Field.

On 9/14/2016 at 4:26 PM, Lawrence said:

It's military law. I assume civilians just follow the military's lead. 

When I was at the Rams game last month some dude came running up to me demanding that I tell the guy in front of me to take his hat off for God Bless America. I just gave him a blank stare and sipped my beer. He eventually yelled at the guy himself. Some people get so worked up over the most unimportant stuff.

This is great.  So it's your fault you didn't do a background check on the guy in the seat in front of you. You can hear the guy thinking why isn't that guy behind him telling him to take his hat off.