• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kaepernick sits during national anthem, and 49ers defend him

On August 29, 2016 at 5:06 AM, captain howdy said:

Bravo should do a new reality show "White Plan for the Black Man."

It would feature white conservatives consulting black participants, and would contain such gems as:

"There is no more racism in this country.  We elected a black president."

"If you don't want to be shot by police, then stop dressing like a thug."

"All lives matter."

"You people should demand that Al and Jesse travel to Chicago and speak out against the violence there."

I would totally watch this.

15 minutes ago, Lou said:

I said people of color, not odor.

there are probably less than 3 million Armenians and Iranians in the entire US. They are hardly a blip on the radar. 

You asked for more examples. Other than Latinos, African-Americans and certain Asians, there really aren't many groups of people exceeding a few million.

Immigrants are usually coming from well established cultures and many from wealthy backgrounds. Black Americans have had about 150 years to create a culture on the fly all while starting with virtually nothing and not being welcomed too warmly in most places. As we've all seen the results haven't been great.

We can insist they aren't oppressed but every time the justice department does a review of a particular department they find evidence of racial bias and profiling. And it seems like every time anyone tries to get organized to address this they end getting highjacked and sidetracked. To me the biggest reason this happens is that everybody wants to try to handle everything on a national basis. I'm a big believer that handling things at the 330 million person level will lead to one giant gagglefuck after another.

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

This is quite possibly one of the dumbest posts you have ever written. O.J. gets cited because it is the most notorious example, and the one that comes to mind first. And you know that.

Nobody is saying blacks aren't disproportionately unjustly sentenced, whether for crimes they didn't commit or with unfairly long sentences. Nobody is saying blacks and other persons of color don't have a more difficult path to success.

But police brutality is about the least of their problems (yet the one they put on the forefront). You hear little about poverty, jobs, etc. As a result, many people who could otherwise be sympathetic to protests such as Kaepernick's, instead get putoff by it because it appears to be much ado about nothing.

I'm sure there are numbers out there as to how young black men are dying. I bet more are killed by other young black men as opposed to police. Based on percentage alone the death by police numbers are probably insignificant. I think the break down of the family structure is a problem too.

7 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

I'm sure there are numbers out there as to how young black men are dying. I bet more are killed by other young black men as opposed to police. Based on percentage alone the death by police numbers are probably insignificant. I think the break down of the family structure is a problem too.

I am guessing more young black men have been killed by other young black men, this morning alone, than have been killed unjustly by police officers this whole year.

2 hours ago, captain howdy said:

Is this the equivalent of telling the 49ers to get their boy in check or else?  Kind of proving his point IMO.

11 minutes ago, BaseballMom said:

Is this the equivalent of telling the 49ers to get their boy in check or else?  Kind of proving his point IMO.

Yeah, this is stupid of the police union there. I would like to believe that the department doesn't share their feelings. Kaepernick does have every right to his protest and isn't harming anyone by the way he's doing it. You're right, it does prove his point

26 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I am guessing more young black men have been killed by other young black men, this morning alone, than have been killed unjustly by police officers this whole year.

This is the reason why many find his protest to be pointless. He's protesting the wrong thing.

1 hour ago, Angels N Skins said:

This is the reason why many find his protest to be pointless. He's protesting the wrong thing.

They all are. At the top of BLM's agenda is securing reparations for slavery and "de-militarizing" police (the same police who get slaughtered by criminals with AR-15s). How many average Americans are going to sympathize with that? Not me. I want police well armed. And I had nothing to do with slavery. Nor did any ancestor of mine. 

The BLM movement was founded in the name of a young thug who attacked a police officer after assaulting a store clerk.  Forgive me for not being able to get on board with it.

3 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

Yeah, this is stupid of the police union there. I would like to believe that the department doesn't share their feelings. Kaepernick does have every right to his protest and isn't harming anyone by the way he's doing it. You're right, it does prove his point

Unions are horrible.  If it's not the police union complaining about a a douche bag wearing a pair of socks it's the teacher's union handing out stiffer suspensions to black and latino students for the same offenses committed by white students.

11 hours ago, Lou said:

I remember reading a while back that about 15% of all Armenians in the US live in Glendale. 

the Drakkar rep must make bank there 

Supposedly the largest amount if Armenians outside of Armenia.

and the Drakkar flows like water, Habib.

15 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Immigrants are usually coming from well established cultures and many from wealthy backgrounds. Black Americans have had about 150 years to create a culture on the fly all while starting with virtually nothing and not being welcomed too warmly in most places. As we've all seen the results haven't been great.

We can insist they aren't oppressed but every time the justice department does a review of a particular department they find evidence of racial bias and profiling. And it seems like every time anyone tries to get organized to address this they end getting highjacked and sidetracked. To me the biggest reason this happens is that everybody wants to try to handle everything on a national basis. I'm a big believer that handling things at the 330 million person level will lead to one giant gagglefuck after another.

Poor argument.

Immigrants come from established cultures which make it even more difficult to assimilate. They overcome culture and language. 
Most immigrant groups that thrive come with a fucking suitcase, two kids, and almost no money.