• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

Sovwhich team do you really associate with?

The Los Angeles Angels of the PCL?

The Los Angeles Angels that Autry started?

The California Angels?

The Anaheim Angels?

Which of the 8 or more variations of hats represents your team?

So many life changing decisions, if you are over 15 years old.

the Angels

Yeah I was gonna say Chicago is probably the best major city, although I've never been to Denver somehow.

The actual downtown city parts of Chicago and LA don't even compare. Chicago produces images in my mind but the actual city of LA brings nothing to my mind, other than maybe smog. I mean is there even a landmark in the city of LA? Staples Center? Lol.

Then when you talk about the suburbs of LA, the nice ones are just poor man's rich man's versions of Orange County. As in much more expensive, but much shittier. I don't get bums pissing and shitting on my car in Laguna Beach, but I can't say the same for Beverley Hills.

Denver is a dump

I haven't been to Chicago or New York so I don't have a horse in this race.  I never enjoyed gong into L.A., it doesn't have one of those memorable skylines, it is pretty dirty and also pretty empty much of the time on the streets.

Having been to big cities in other parts of the world I find that there is so much more life and passion in places like London, Paris and Bangkok.

I do believe that L.A. has a great history though.

I have never been to New York, I have been to a lot of old cities in the northeast and I can say that they, as you would expect, have a much nicer and more historical presence.  I never enjoyed going into LA either but to be fiar I don't really enjoy going into any major city and don't care about clubs or night life or any of the stuff that LA is famous for.  The historical district in LA is great, but the historical districts in some other major cities in the northeast completely overshadow LA.

Chicago is a great city.  They definitely have a ghetto that you want to avoid but still the history there is amazing.

I haven't been to Chicago or New York so I don't have a horse in this race.  I never enjoyed gong into L.A., it doesn't have one of those memorable skylines, it is pretty dirty and also pretty empty much of the time on the streets.

Having been to big cities in other parts of the world I find that there is so much more life and passion in places like London, Paris and Bangkok.

I do believe that L.A. has a great history though.

The biggest problem with what people call L.A., and what I consider L.A. is two different things.  Most are comparing L.A. to just downtown.  And there are some really bad parts of downtown, and I'm sure there are some very bad places in London, NY, Chicago, Paris, and Bangkok.  

But L.A. is more than one small area.  L.A. constantly expands.  Little Tokyo is a very safe place that I have no problem going to at night.  It's beginning to really become popular as a downtown nightspot now.  Around the Staples center is really developing.  

But as far as the L.A. constantly expanding goes.  Chinatown used to be one of the best around.  But they expanded to Monterey Park.  Grand Central market used to be one of the best markets.  Then it went through a identity crisis.  But from what I hear, they are having a huge revival.  

Griffith Park has lots to do (I don't think people realize how large Griffith Park actually is).  And the Observatory has one of the best views around, especially at night.  You have the Miracle Mile and the museum district, although it's a little too bland for my tastes.  But they get good touring exhibits.  Just in my area, Larchmont Village is a good place to stroll and have a bite to eat.  Grove is a great experience, as long as you don't go to the grove and instead go to the old Farmers market area that is off to the side.  Melrose still has plenty of quirky (but overprices) shops.  

East LA there are a lot of great areas.  But for many here, probably too many Mexicans.  I haven't been it he Westwood area in decades, so not sure how they have developed.  

L.A. is just not concentrated like other places.  You have to work to find the nuggets that are all over the place.  

The people on here that correlate LA with just the shitty parts of LA should probably correlate Orange County with just Santa Ana. I don't care for LA but it has more to do with congestion of traffic and the amount of people, but then again I feel that way in most places. The only places I don't struggle with very large crowds are the two places I am most comfortable, INO and Angel Stadium. LA of course has beautiful places, Malibu or anywhere along the coast, Angeles National Forest, the hills around Hollywood. In Orange County for every Corona Del Mar or Newport there is a Santa Ana or Garden Grove/Westminster.

Consider this, outside of California, nobody has any ****ing clue where Anaheim is. They don't know if it is southern, central or northern California. Everyone knows where LA is. It is that simple.

aaying "outside of california" is already being liberal about it. Theres people not too far from southern california who dont really know about it.

Camp Pendleton is huge. And the overwhelming majority of the time people ask me where i was stationed they ask if i was in san diego, and thats from the locals.

Assuming people up north or on the other side of the country have any clue about a city of 300,000 thats like a 25 minute drive from LA and its 3 million people is silly. Long beach isnt even known outside of the local area, other than people who have heard of snoop dog. And its way bigger than anaheim.

Mesa arizona is bigger than anaheim. Anyone have any clue about that place?

The biggest problem with what people call L.A., and what I consider L.A. is two different things. Most are comparing L.A. to just downtown. And there are some really bad parts of downtown, and I'm sure there are some very bad places in London, NY, Chicago, Paris, and Bangkok.

But L.A. is more than one small area. L.A. constantly expands. Little Tokyo is a very safe place that I have no problem going to at night. It's beginning to really become popular as a downtown nightspot now. Around the Staples center is really developing.

But as far as the L.A. constantly expanding goes. Chinatown used to be one of the best around. But they expanded to Monterey Park. Grand Central market used to be one of the best markets. Then it went through a identity crisis. But from what I hear, they are having a huge revival.

Griffith Park has lots to do (I don't think people realize how large Griffith Park actually is). And the Observatory has one of the best views around, especially at night. You have the Miracle Mile and the museum district, although it's a little too bland for my tastes. But they get good touring exhibits. Just in my area, Larchmont Village is a good place to stroll and have a bite to eat. Grove is a great experience, as long as you don't go to the grove and instead go to the old Farmers market area that is off to the side. Melrose still has plenty of quirky (but overprices) shops.

East LA there are a lot of great areas. But for many here, probably too many Mexicans. I haven't been it he Westwood area in decades, so not sure how they have developed.

L.A. is just not concentrated like other places. You have to work to find the nuggets that are all over the place.

was gonna make a similar point. Most of the other major cities are built up. LA is built out. It had to be because of geography and earthquakes. Frisco is prettier, san diego too, but get outside of the tourist areas and it turns just as shitty.

As far as comparing LA to the other cities back east,its apples and oranges. Manhatten (which most think 'is' nyc) has older architectural structures, so does boston and DC. And i love thise cities specifically because of it. But again, youre talking about cities with buildings that are 150 years old, different design concepts. (Especially so in europe). LA is like berlin. Its got its gems, but most of it is nowhere near as nice as cities like paris or london. Berlin was leveled and rebuilt in newer times, hence why the architecture isnt as classic.

On the flip side, the other major US cities have shittier ghettos by far and away. As bad as LA is id put places like st louis, detroit, oakland, trenton etc way on front. Same concept. The crime is probably the same, but the buildings are way older so it looks worse. Id almost put the inland empire as shittier.

And lets be honest, unless you live at the beach, south of the 405 or east of the 55, most of orange county isnt anything 'beautiful'. Most of anaheim isnt any better than all but the real butthole of LA (south and east LA). Anaheim ends at the 5/91 interchange. If you stay on the 5 north 2 exits later youre in LA county, and it shows. Doubt many can tell the difference between west anaheim, buena park, la habra, etc from la county cities.

Why should we care that people dont know where Anaheim is? That didnt stop the Ducks from keeping their name.

Because as it relates to revenue you want to be associated with a large city. So if you want the Angels to continue to compete financially then it would be in the teams best interest to be associated with Los Angeles.

Because as it relates to revenue you want to be associated with a large city. So if you want the Angels to continue to compete financially then it would be in the teams best interest to be associated with Los Angeles.

Didnt seem to matter what our name was when we won it all in 2002. Hows that worked out so far, being named "LA?"

I guess Arte can use that extra revenue to sign players that he will trade away for no apparent reason other then pride while still paying them anyways.

Didnt seem to matter what our name was when we won it all in 2002. Hows that worked out so far, being named "LA?"

I guess Arte can use that extra revenue to sign players that he will trade away for no apparent reason other then pride while still paying them anyways.

You have an awful understanding of things. I am assuming you know that most high revenue teams have a better chance of competing, right? Also it wasn't just pride that caused Arte to "trade" Hamilton, it very well could be a handful of other things, most notably doing what he thought was right for the team on and off the field.