• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

When I went to a Yankees game they played I Love New York like 8 times and had it on repeat once the game was over. Not to mention their logo is NY. So yeah idk.

Do they not also play a Frank Sinatra song after games - it has to do with Chicago, or Peoria, or somewhere.  The name isn't ringing a bell right now.

QM truly has zero idea on this subject other than how he feels about the subject. He doesn't want the reasons why he just wants to be right oh and to make sure Arte is wrong.

Youre right im not an expert on this subject.  I just know I hated the idea of changing our name and rebranding away from the team that won the only World Series in our history.  Youre the one who made this this thread though, which was kind of pointless because we have argued this topic countless amounts of times.  And with that said im going to step away from this thread now.

Bronx is part of New York. Not sure what the point of this post was.

You are spouting off about Location, Location, Location and yet most teams don't feature the small market city they play in. There is absolutely no value in promoting Anaheim. It is not a large city, it is not a county. It is the Bronx of California, a place where a ballclub plays their games.

You are spouting off about Location, Location, Location and yet most teams don't feature the small market city they play in. There is absolutely no value in promoting Anaheim. It is not a large city, it is not a county. It is the Bronx of California, a place where a ballclub plays their games.

Your argument would make sense if the Bronx was not a part of New York.  Anaheim is not a part of Los Angeles nor is it affiliated with Los Angeles.  But I already know what youre going to say next, the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey.  

This is my last one I promise!

Your argument would make sense if the Bronx was not a part of New York. Anaheim is not a part of Los Angeles nor is it affiliated with Los Angeles. But I already know what youre going to say next, the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey.

This is my last one I promise!

Haha, we will see about that.

I was lucky enough to get a Los Angeles Angels pull over jersey when the name change happened. I bought it at a Ross store.

It actually says "Los Angeles Angels" on it. I rarely see anything with that name on any apparel. Wore it to Tuesday's game.

Youre right im not an expert on this subject.  I just know I hated the idea of changing our name and rebranding away from the team that won the only World Series in our history.  Youre the one who made this this thread though, which was kind of pointless because we have argued this topic countless amounts of times.  And with that said im going to step away from this thread now.

Rebranding away from the team that won the WS.....    When did Arte stop calling the Angels the Angels?    Or was it the City of Anaheim that won the WS?  

BTW -- can you show me where it says Anaheim on these?

13774312735.jpg2002-Angels-World-Series-Ring.jpg2002-World-Series-Ring.jpg

Edited by Inside Pitch

Los Angeles the city is the culmination of 80 districts, or as New Yorker would put it, borough..

The districts that make up LA are not the same as boros. The five boros are actually each individual counties with their own boro president and courts, etc. All part of NYC, but far more complicated and autonomous than districts that make up LA as a city.

Rebranding away from the team that won the WS..... When did Arte stop calling the Angels the Angels? Or was it the City of Anaheim that won the WS?

BTW -- can you show me where it says Anaheim on these?

13774312735.jpg2002-Angels-World-Series-Ring.jpg2002-World-Series-Ring.jpg

I need a few minutes. And some lotion and some wipes. Brb.