• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

Than shouldn't the change the name back to California. After all marketing to the whole state will be about 20% of the nation's population.

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! I find it crazy that not only are people still pissed off about the name change, but after all the discussions still have absolutely no clue why the change was necessary. MIND BOGGLING TO ME!

Heres how it works:

The LA Dodgers and Anaheim Angels sales folks walk into Budweiser/Home Depot/McDonalds/anyadvertiserwithbigdollars

They say, "Oh hey Los Angels Dodgers, TV market #2 in the entire U S of A we will give you 10 million dollars for the upcoming season." then turn to Anaheim Angels and say 'Anaheim Angels, market #28 in the entire U S of A, we'll give you $1 million for the year. Have a nice day".

The Angels are on TV in the #2 market, but werent getting the revenue that goes with it due to the name, and the identity, until Arte, who is really good at marketing came along. Do you get it Now? Thats why NJ teams use NY, thats why KC Royals arent called Independence Royals. Its about TV markets and the $$$$$$ that go with it.

unfortunately the games are only seen in L.A. (which includes O.C)

When we were in Mammoth on vacation last summer we got the Angels games on the cable system up there.  That was nice.  My wife wasn't particularly thrilled about it though.

I was watching the TB feed last night here in FL.   They never once said "of Anaheim", and more often than not called them Los Angeles than they even did the Angels.   They closed the game by reminding viewers to join them tomorrow in Anaheim, where the Rays would be playing the Los Angeles Angels.   

Thought of this thread and sort of chuckled.

Consider this, outside of California, nobody has any ****ing clue where Anaheim is. They don't know if it is southern, central or northern California. Everyone knows where LA is. It is that simple.

That's absolutely false. Everyone knows it as the Disneyland city

I've lived in both LA and OC. It's not really about OC being this awesomely spectacular place and that's why people from OC don't want to be associated with LA. OC is just your average place with nice areas and plenty of crappy ones.

It's more about LA being like 95% absolute shit. It's the most worthless major city in America.

To sum up, it's not like OC is the prom queen who is being bitchy to the other pretty girls. OC is the kinda cute chick that doesn't want to hang with the fat chick with the awful acne and terrible BO.

Don't really agree with this.

There are plenty of lousy areas of L.A. and O.C.  There are also lots of nice areas.

I don't really get the sense that O.C. considers itself better than L.A., just separate and worthy of its own identity.

I've never had that in various parts of the US. People know Disneyland in Anaheim and Disney World in Orlando.

I get asked if it's the same as Real Housewives of OC on business trips earlier in the year.

Actually, people aren't as dumb about CA as you lamented. No one has ever asked if Anaheim was NorCal.

When I talk about Disneyland people always ask me if it is in LA.

It's a generational thing. I have no idea what your age is, but people who are older than you know of Anaheim as the Disneyland city.

I have never once heard anyone mention Anaheim as the Disneyland city.  Hell, most people out here when they mention Disney they are talking about Orlando.

When I was in the Army, with people from all over the US, none of them had any idea about Anaheim.  Hell, most of them don't even recognize Pasadena until I say Rose Bowl/Rose Parade.

Such a pet peeve when people out here think Kansas City is in Kansas or simply call it Kansas and mean the city.

Think of Kansas City as a big circle with a river going through it (the Missouri River), the left side is Kansas and the right side is Missouri.

Stand on my left bc you ain't right!

It's more about LA being like 95% absolute shit. It's the most worthless major city in America.

Are you serious? Have you ever been to other major cities like Chicago? Have you ever heard of Detroit?

Chicago is probably my favorite city in the US.

LA is a smashed piece of dog shit on the sidewalk compared to Chicago.

Chicago and NYC have the worst looking ghettos I've ever seen. They make South Central look nice. 

LA has its high points but for the most part its a dump city filled with trash, both in the people on the streets and in the literal sense that there is trash on the streets.  There are no such thing as leisurely activities in LA.  In Orange County, feel free to go down to the gym or your local Starbucks or coffee shop.  Not in LA.  You want to go out, you better bring some cash with you to pay for parking, or sometimes there wont even be any spots available, so the parking lot attendants there will tell you to go home.  Id say a good portion of 75-80 % of LA is off limits to any sane person or any person who does not want to get involved in hoodlum activities.  In Orange County, there are many beautiful places to visit and theres only one or two places you might want to stay away from. 

Tough crowd, but I love diversity and culture.

I also dig the variety of landscapes.....Hollywood Hills, Downtown, Hollywood strip, beach areas like Santa Monica, industrial areas, Beverly Hills. Same with the history and architecture. 

But yeah, I get why whitey in OC doesn't like to get outside of his bubble or comfort zone.

SF is the best major city in the USA. All the advantage of being in California  but it actually has a working public transit system.

That is high on my list of places yet to visit. People I know who have lived there loved it, even though the cost of living is very high.