• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

Are you seriously comparing 2 historical baseball monuments like fenway and wrigley field to Anaheim stadium?

you gotta be kidding me lol

How much extra are you willing to pay for the historical baseball monuments?  If the Angels stay in Angel Stadium another 50 years will it also be a historical baseball monument?  Will the rats then be historical rats? Would they then be able to charge 50% more, because "HOLY SHIT MIKE TROUT PLAYED THERE!!!!!111!!!!"?  Does being the fourth oldest park in MLB up their historical context or would the Angels need to go 80+ years before their next WS win before the Stadium gains monument status?  

I just want to understand what the ground rules are so I better understand when you again talk out both sides of your mouth.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The good craft beers are $13 for a 24oz cup on the field level, and $10 for a 16oz can in the upper deck.

As far as Petco, I remember Red Trolley being around $12.50 for a 20oz cup. They have Hodads burgers tho, so that makes up for it. Thats a gorgeous ballpark.

Petco's a great park.  The teams that have played there haven't been very great, and the payrolls haven't been top 5-10.   Angels fans have been getting a pretty good deal for a long time.  Dodger fans too, although they seem to have shot up quite a bit the last decade.

Edited by Inside Pitch

What do you guys think of the name change? Kind of silly huh? We have a strange name that gets made fun of a lot. Not sure how I feel about it. Anyone wanna chime in that has a fresh perspective on this?

bet you didn't think this would get to 6 pages.  

More on these articles along with the Washington Post and AP News articles I can't seem to find anymore, as well as two live appearances on KNX 1070 radio. 

Due to a #1 ranking on Google back in 2005, the media searched, researched and reached out to me wanting a fan's perspective on name change and someone who could be the "voice of the fans".

The Name Change really put AngelsWin.com on the map back in 2005, a year after creating the website. This helped drive members to our forum and viewers to our website's content. So for that, I'm a big fan of the name change itself, indifferent on the actual name. As I stated before, who really calls us by our full name? We're either referred to as the LA Angels or more commonly, "The Angels". 

bet you didn't think this would get to 6 pages.

There's nothing like this topic to get people going. I struggle with people that are so absolute in their opinions that they say stuff that is simply ridiculous, but this is kind of a blast. This would be a troll topic. To be a grown man and be affected by this in any way this many years later, says so much more about that person than it does the name change itself. If you are capable of being "embarrased" because the team has a silly name, I don't really know what to say about that, but if I were to say something about that kind of individual it wouldn't be really positive. Go LAA!!!!

I grew up with California angels, and when they transitioned into "Anaheim" I didnt mind so much because it made a lot of sense since they were changing the name into a more local version, and Anaheim Angels had a nice ring to it. Although I absolutely despised those disney uni's.

I dont mind being called los angeles angels if they actually play in........you know los angeles?

Like the Tampa Bay Rays and New York Jets and Giants all play in the city they lay a name claim to.

I've lived in both San Diego, and Tucson and both ticket prices and beverage prices are considerably lower at Petco and Chase field than they are at Angel Stadium.

In fact in Arizona beverage prices in general were extremely low compared to Orange County.

You literally picked the two lowest priced stadiums to go to in the league. So the Angels have the 7th highest payroll this year and they are about 16th or so in cost to go to a game.

Arte has a chance to move the team to LA, and he's (apparently) taking a pass.

That's one of the reasons the name sounds so phony.

The City of Industry is out? Damn, people from Diamond Bar are going to be disappointed.

More on these articles along with the Washington Post and AP News articles I can't seem to find anymore, as well as two live appearances on KNX 1070 radio.

Due to a #1 ranking on Google back in 2005, the media searched, researched and reached out to me wanting a fan's perspective on name change and someone who could be the "voice of the fans".

The Name Change really put AngelsWin.com on the map back in 2005, a year after creating the website. This helped drive members to our forum and viewers to our website's content. So for that, I'm a big fan of the name change itself, indifferent on the actual name. As I stated before, who really calls us by our full name? We're either referred to as the LA Angels or more commonly, "The Angels".

Los Angeles AngelsWin of Anaheim

Seattle, Washington

I always felt the switch from California to Anaheim was just Disney marketing BS. But I'm not from Anaheim.

It absolutely was a marketing idea. No one gets up in arms about that because the team plays in Anaheim. I wonder if any traditionalists were bothered when the team changed it's name from Los Angeles to California, because the Angels had quite a rich tradition in the PCL. It was the first professional team in So Cal if I am not mistaken.

There's nothing like this topic to get people going. I struggle with people that are so absolute in their opinions that they say stuff that is simply ridiculous, but this is kind of a blast. This would be a troll topic. To be a grown man and be affected by this in any way this many years later, says so much more about that person than it does the name change itself. If you are capable of being "embarrased" because the team has a silly name, I don't really know what to say about that, but if I were to say something about that kind of individual it wouldn't be really positive. Go LAA!!!!

Brooklyn Bridegrooms. Need we say more about silly names?

I always felt the switch from California to Anaheim was just Disney marketing BS. But I'm not from Anaheim.

There was lot more to it than just Disney marketing.  At the time when this occurred Disney was putting billions into Anaheim.  This is when CA Adventure was built.  The freeways got rebuilt including the exclusive carpool access to Disney and Angels Stadium.  Disney not only had the Angels but also created the Ducks.  They put hundreds of millions into changing the Oakland A's Mausoleum into an actual beautiful baseball stadium.  

People just seem to want to forget that the stadium deal wasn't for Arte.  It was for Disney.  Arte was just the beneficiary of the deal.  And people think that Arte should get the same deal in negotiations.  But the scale between what Disney has done and continues to do and Arte, it just doesn't compare.  

And Angels fans are the beneficiaries still of what Disney has done.  Because it's very easy to be one of the best values in all of sports, when you don't have to pay any rent.  

As if anyone from LA is actually going to become an Angels fan?  Especially when we havent won a World Series in how long?  LA is a Dodgers town and thats quite okay with me because take a look at their fans and the environment in that stadium and then take a look at ours.  

We arent going to win over the LA market.  If your argument is that we did it to look cool for the guys at ESPN and the rest of the sports media, thats just stupid.  

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! I find it crazy that not only are people still pissed off about the name change, but after all the discussions still have absolutely no clue why the change was necessary. MIND BOGGLING TO ME!

Heres how it works:

The LA Dodgers and Anaheim Angels sales folks walk into Budweiser/Home Depot/McDonalds/anyadvertiserwithbigdollars

They say, "Oh hey Los Angels Dodgers, TV market #2 in the entire U S of A we will give you 10 million dollars for the upcoming season." then turn to Anaheim Angels and say 'Anaheim Angels, market #28 in the entire U S of A, we'll give you $1 million for the year. Have a nice day".

The Angels are on TV in the #2 market, but werent getting the revenue that goes with it due to the name, and the identity, until Arte, who is really good at marketing came along. Do you get it Now? Thats why NJ teams use NY, thats why KC Royals arent called Independence Royals. Its about TV markets and the $$$$$$ that go with it. 

OMG! OMG! OMG!!! I find it crazy that not only are people still pissed off about the name change, but after all the discussions still have absolutely no clue why the change was necessary. MIND BOGGLING TO ME!

Heres how it works:

The LA Dodgers and Anaheim Angels sales folks walk into Budweiser/Home Depot/McDonalds/anyadvertiserwithbigdollars

They say, "Oh hey Los Angels Dodgers, TV market #2 in the entire U S of A we will give you 10 million dollars for the upcoming season." then turn to Anaheim Angels and say 'Anaheim Angels, market #28 in the entire U S of A, we'll give you $1 million for the year. Have a nice day".

The Angels are on TV in the #2 market, but werent getting the revenue that goes with it due to the name, and the identity, until Arte, who is really good at marketing came along. Do you get it Now? Thats why NJ teams use NY, thats why KC Royals arent called Independence Royals. Its about TV markets and the $$$$$$ that go with it. 

haha - yes, the people in charge of millions of dollars of advertising had no idea that the Angels, regardless of name, were part of the 2nd largest market.  No idea at all.

It took Arte the Genius to open their eyes.

haha - yes, the people in charge of millions of dollars of advertising had no idea that the Angels, regardless of name, were part of the 2nd largest market.  No idea at all.

It took Arte the Genius to open their eyes.

Dude, I talked to the people who had part in the process, Jay Johnstone in particular. That's one of the biggest reasons, straight from the horses mouth.