• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

Yeah, I guess you're right like Jars of Clay. There was no benefit or need to adopt LA. Arte's just messing around and there is no value.

Send him an email with your thoughts. Tell a billionaire he doesn't know how to run a business.

We tell him every day here.  He's f*cked over the club seven ways to Sunday with his meddling.

LOL..  the "long time" fanbase remembers when they were the Los Angeles Angels and California Angels.  People who most closely associate the team with the name Anaheim Angels are relative newbies in the grand scheme of things...  

Angel fans complaining about cost of tickets and food need to get out more

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/uploadedPDFs/2015%20mlb%20fci%20%

I've lived in both San Diego, and Tucson and both ticket prices and beverage prices are considerably lower at Petco and Chase field than they are at Angel Stadium.

In fact in Arizona beverage prices in general were extremely low compared to Orange County. 

Edited by ScottLux

I hated the name change when it happened. A big reason why I couldn't stand Arte.

I couldn't care less now.

Name change, color of unis, none of it makes a difference really. They still play 10 miles from my house. I still don't go. I watch them on TV every night and root for them to win.

Non issue really.

the name change has definitely changed the way I feel about the team. It may sound silly but I dont feel like this is the same team I grew up cheering for, yes because of the silly name change. If Arte's marketing goal was to alienate the longtime fan base, then he did a great job. fing moron

Sovwhich team do you really associate with?

The Los Angeles Angels of the PCL?

The Los Angeles Angels that Autry started?

The California Angels?

The Anaheim Angels?

Which of the 8 or more variations of hats represents your team?

So many life changing decisions, if you are over 15 years old.

"He's f*cked over the club seven ways to Sunday with his meddling."

Between a "meddling" owner and a manager whose message is supposedly getting old and tired they managed to win 98 games last year.  Unlike previous ownerships, I never doubt Arte's willingness to invest resources into helping the club win.

the name change has definitely changed the way I feel about the team.  It may sound silly but I  dont feel like this is the same team I grew up cheering for, yes because of the silly name change.   If Arte's marketing goal was to alienate the longtime fan base, then he did a great job.   fing moron

It changed the way I feel about the team as well.  It doesn't have to be rational.  There's a good chance it is rational.

"Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" is the worst g-damned name in any of the major sports.

You can tell me "we are changing the name to Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and then market them as The Angels" is sound marketing strategy.  Arte's a business genius, after all.  But I will never buy that.

I remember how many people on the boards said that "this would die down" in a little while.  Well, its been 10 years.  It sounded "wannabe Los Angeles" 10 years ago, and it still does today.

It's still probably quicker to go to an Angel game from LA than a Dodger game. You save around 6 hours of parking/patching up stab wounds each way.

Getting to Doggie stadium is definitely quicker and easier for me, living on the west side of LA.  Especially since I don't have to get on the freeway and can take side streets.

Getting out of Doggie stadium, whether in an ambulance or driving does take considerably longer.  

"I remember how many people on the boards said that "this would die down" in a little while. Well, its been 10 years."

I occassionally still hear a Clinton/Lewinsky joke but it usually makes the joke teller look dated and foolish.

I work in Brea, surrounded by both Dodgers and Angels fans in my office and the name change never comes up, even during the head-to-head series where the smack talk usually flies freely...probably for the same reason

Edited by mulwin444

"I remember how many people on the boards said that "this would die down" in a little while. Well, its been 10 years."

I occassionally still hear a Clinton/Lewinsky joke but it usually makes the joke teller look dated and foolish.

I work in Brea, surrounded by both Dodgers and Angels fans in my office and the name change never comes up, even during the head-to-head series where the smack talk usually flies freely...probably for the same reason

I wish I worked in Brea, then.  If I hear anything about the angels on a national level, there is a decent chance something about "of" is going to come up.  Its not a world ender, and the comments aren't fresh or interesting, but annoying just the same. 

Wait so seriously, of Anaheim is still in the name? I could have sworn that ended a couple years ago and I feel like I haven't seen it in a while.

Legally it's still the name.  The only time you hear it anymore is when someone is trying to make fun of the team, typically by people who likely find Steve Urkle references the height of comedy.

Wait so seriously, of Anaheim is still in the name? I could have sworn that ended a couple years ago and I feel like I haven't seen it in a while.

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=ana

That's a link to "The Official Site of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"

for the heck of it, I googled "of Anaheim" - I guess its still a thing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22of+Anaheim%22+angels&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=%22of+Anaheim%22+angels&tbm=nws

Sovwhich team do you really associate with?

The Los Angeles Angels of the PCL?

The Los Angeles Angels that Autry started?

The California Angels?

The Anaheim Angels?

Which of the 8 or more variations of hats represents your team?

So many life changing decisions, if you are over 15 years old.

I grew up with California angels, and when they transitioned into "Anaheim" I didnt mind so much because it made a lot of sense since they were changing the name into a more local version, and Anaheim Angels had a nice ring to it.  Although I absolutely despised those disney uni's.

I dont mind being called los angeles angels if they actually play in........you know los angeles?

It was still about advertising dollars and not ESPN looking cool type dollars. There are literally tons of dodger fans in Orange County that drive to LA to watch the Dodgers. Why wouldn't Angel fans in LA want to drive to Anaheim.

I lived in LA for decades and always drove to OC for baseball.

I grew up with California angels, and when they transitioned into "Anaheim" I didnt mind so much because it made a lot of sense since they were changing the name into a more local version, and Anaheim Angels had a nice ring to it.  Although I absolutely despised those disney uni's.

I dont mind being called los angeles angels if they actually play in........you know los angeles?

Be careful what you wish for.

California was my favorite name. As a lid I loved the state logo with a halo over it.

I just could never understand why it's not CALIFORNIA ANGELS!

If Arte, marketing genius that he is, wanted to expand his market, then California seems to me to be the bigger area.I even called Angel Talk at the time, think it was Bob Rowe (not sure) and he kind of blew me off about it.

Not sure what type of beverages you mean, but certainly not beer. $9 vs $4. For good beers it's 10 vs 10. Or is it 12 at Angel Stadium?

Either way it's sad seeing people who call themselves San Diegans buying Bud Lights to save a buck.

The good craft beers are $13 for a 24oz cup on the field level, and $10 for a 16oz can in the upper deck.

As far as Petco, I remember Red Trolley being around $12.50 for a 20oz cup. They have Hodads burgers tho, so that makes up for it. Thats a gorgeous ballpark.