• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

The success of 2002 worked wonders for the Angels.  Arte is the beneficiary of that even though it was Disney who actually fielded the team.

Disney is considered the anti-christ here.

The consensus is that they lucked into a World Series championship.

growing up in the IE we were the only family i knew who were Angels fans.

"why are you an Angels fan???" Can't tell you how many times i heard that.

now i see more Angels gear around than i do that other team

Arte convinced some local gangs to use "Angel Red". Marketing genius.

Not only did Disney field the championship team but they transformed the old Anaheim Stadium into a decent baseball venue. The only thing Arte has done is change the team name.

i remember when disney landed that big media deal...

Disney won a ring to artes zero, very true. Morenos team has 6 playoff appearances to disneys one.

Under disney the angels were one of the teams on the contraction chopping block. Say what you will, but moreno as a single owner has invested far more heavily than the disney empire ever did.

And lets not forget the periwinkle pinstripes...

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Not only did Disney field the championship team but they transformed the old Anaheim Stadium into a decent baseball venue.  The only thing Arte has done is change the team name.

yeah, that's all he's done

i remember when disney landed that big media deal...

Disney won a ring to artes zero, bery true. Morenos team has 6 playoff appearances to disneys one.

Under disney the angels were one of the teams on the contraction chopping block. Say what you will, but moreno as a single owner has invested far more heavily than the disney empire ever did.

And lets not forget the periwinkle pinstripes...

Those beer league abortions with pinstripes pissed me off way more than the name change.

It bothered me a little when it first happened.

Here we had the Angels who won a World Series with "Anaheim" on their shirts and then this guy changes the name to "Los Angeles"

I've moved on though.

Those beer league abortions with pinstripes pissed me off way more than the name change.

The pinstripes were bad but Disney also introduced the uniforms we have today.  Except they said "Anaheim" on them.

The funny thing is if you look around Angel Stadium you wont see thw words LA or Los Angeles anywhere. You only see Anaheim on the Stadiums entrance because it says Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The scoreboard just has the Angels logo, the jerseys obviously just say Angels on them. The only place you would see LA is the RF wall where they show MLB scores and it says LA to identify the Dodgers game score. Its like they want to sweep under the rug the fact that the team name conflicts with itself (Anaheim is not part of LA county).

The day my companies value is 5-6x what I bought it and it's referred to as just a name change will he a damn good day.

Just own a sports team. You don't even need real money or to run it well to quadruple the value. Ask Frank McCourt.

The funny thing is if you look around Angel Stadium you wont see thw words LA or Los Angeles anywhere. You only see Anaheim on the Stadiums entrance because it says Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The scoreboard just has the Angels logo, the jerseys obviously just say Angels on them. The only place you would see LA is the RF wall where they show MLB scores and it says LA to identify the Dodgers game score. Its like they want to sweep under the rug the fact that the team name conflicts with itself (Anaheim is not part of LA county).

Wrong.

From  Day 1 Arte has stated that he wanted to grow the "Angels" brand.  Not anaheim, not LA....

You really have a terrible memory when it comes to this entire topic

... with all due respect

Just own a sports team. You don't even need real money or to run it well to quadruple the value. Ask Frank McCourt.

Pretty much.

I was reading I'm Forbes or WSJ about how there is basically a waiting list to jump on sports franchises. Arte has gotten it to great heights, but every team in damn near every sport is exponentially growing.

It's a great investment.

Wrong.

From Day 1 Arte has stated that he wanted to grow the "Angels" brand. Not anaheim, not LA....

You really have a terrible memory when it comes to this entire topic

... with all due respect

That makes sense. It seems it would be more difficult to grow the brand without a city to identify the team with. The Dodgers and Yankees both use their city to help grow their brand. But im not the billionaire owner so what do I know.

The stadium is owned by the City of Anaheim and reserves naming rights. Also, Arte said he would not put Los Angeles on the uniforms or merchandise so I'm not sure exactly what your point is.

That makes sense. It seems it would be more difficult to grow the brand without a city to identify the team with. The Dodgers and Yankees both use their city to help grow their brand. But im not the billionaire owner so what do I know.

The Yankees don't use the the Bronx on their uniforms, logo or in their branding so I guess you don't know what billionaires do to market their team.