• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

I have yet to see the benefits of the name change besides higher ticket and food prices and 0 championships.

Where you a rams fan?

Everyone here acknowledges the team is named after the city of angels right? They moved...like the lakers, who know longer play in the land of lakes. Or the dodgers...who no longer dodge trolleys.

As far as people saying anaheim isnt dirty like LA, i wonder how many have been to anaheim lately. Because theres a pretty strong contingent of people out there who make sure and correct you with 'anaheim hills' when you say theyre from anaheim. Like a huge chunk of their residents dont want to be known as anaheim either.

Yep ignore that we have one of the highest payrolls while having one of the lowest cost for tickets in the league. That doesn't happen without TV money.

The low cost for tickets compared to others is because the stadium is old and rat infested.  It's not that enjoyable to watch a game there especially if you compare it to petco, or at&t park.

You're right, there was zero benefit to the name change and nothing has come of it. Arte did it simply to personally piss you off.

He made billions in advertising, but just kind of went off the handle changing the name without any real thought process.

the name change has definitely changed the way I feel about the team.  It may sound silly but I  dont feel like this is the same team I grew up cheering for, yes because of the silly name change.   If Arte's marketing goal was to alienate the longtime fan base, then he did a great job.   fing moron

LOL..  the "long time" fanbase remembers when they were the Los Angeles Angels and California Angels.  People who most closely associate the team with the name Anaheim Angels are relative newbies in the grand scheme of things...  

I have yet to see the benefits of the name change besides higher ticket and food prices and 0 championships.

Angel fans complaining about cost of tickets and food need to get out more

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/uploadedPDFs/2015%20mlb%20fci%20%281%29.pdf

Edited by Inside Pitch

That dump is the second largest media market in this country.

As if anyone from LA is actually going to become an Angels fan?  Especially when we havent won a World Series in how long?  LA is a Dodgers town and thats quite okay with me because take a look at their fans and the environment in that stadium and then take a look at ours.  

We arent going to win over the LA market.  If your argument is that we did it to look cool for the guys at ESPN and the rest of the sports media, thats just stupid.  

As if anyone from LA is actually going to become an Angels fan?  Especially when we havent won a World Series in how long?  LA is a Dodgers town and thats quite okay with me because take a look at their fans and the environment in that stadium and then take a look at ours.  

We arent going to win over the LA market.  If your argument is that we did it to look cool for the guys at ESPN and the rest of the sports media, thats just stupid.  

i know a lot of people who live in LA and are Angels fans

and the dogs haven't won a World Series since ...

a gallon of gas was 91 cents,

an IBM computer with a30Mb Hard Drive cost over $1200,

the Hubble SpaceTelescope was put into operation

Bush 1 defeated Dukakis

The Last Emperor won an Oscar for Best Picture

and Clayton Kershaw was born

They might as well be the Rangers

Edited by Lou

and i have no idea where you came up with the "looking cool for espn" line

that was strange

i know a lot of people who live in LA and are Angels fans

and the dogs haven't won a World Series since ...

a gallon of gas was 91 cents,

an IBM computer with a30Mb Hard Drive cost over $1200,

the Hubble SpaceTelescope was put into operation

Bush 1 defeated Dukakis

The Last Emperor won an Oscar for Best Picture

and Clayton Kershaw was born

They might as well be the Rangers

Even if the the Dodgers are remotely successful LA will always be a Dodgers town, just for the simple fact that nobody in LA wants to drive down to Orange County to catch an Angels game.  Most of the people who become Dodgers fans dont even know how to get here, literally.  

and i have no idea where you came up with the "looking cool for espn" line

that was strange

Because being named the Anaheim Angels wasnt getting enough attention and wasnt making enough money.  Then it was changed to Los Angeles, so ESPN as well as other sports media would take the team seriously and give them some attention once in a while. 

It was still about advertising dollars and not ESPN looking cool type dollars. There are literally tons of dodger fans in Orange County that drive to LA to watch the Dodgers. Why wouldn't Angel fans in LA want to drive to Anaheim.

It was still about advertising dollars and not ESPN looking cool type dollars. There are literally tons of dodger fans in Orange County that drive to LA to watch the Dodgers. Why wouldn't Angel fans in LA want to drive to Anaheim.

Because I'm lazy, and don't want to face the traffic.