• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Name Change....

What do you guys think of the name change? Kind of silly huh? We have a strange name that gets made fun of a lot. Not sure how I feel about it. Anyone wanna chime in that has a fresh perspective on this?

They changed the name of In-N-Out?

But, tell us how you really feel.

I just could never understand why it's not CALIFORNIA ANGELS!

If Arte, marketing genius that he is, wanted to expand his market, then California seems to me to be the bigger area.I even called Angel Talk at the time,  think it was Bob Rowe (not sure) and he kind of blew me off about it.

Not the same.

the new york giants of new jersey then? The new york jets of jersey?

The hour away from detroit pistons?

Bottom line is this, im not a huge fan of the name, but way too many people give anaheim credit....meaning get away from it, and no one has heard of it.

99 percent of the world thinks disneyland is in los angeles...

the new york giants of new jersey then? The new york jets of jersey?

The hour away from detroit pistons?

Bottom line is this, im not a huge fan of the name, but way too many people give anaheim credit....meaning get away from it, and no one has heard of it.

99 percent of the world thinks disneyland is in los angeles...

I don't know a single person who thinks Disney is in LA.

The name has been ridiculed, parodied, mocked and just generally made fun of. It seems that most of the sports stations have given up on the "of Anaheim" part. However, if the Angels are going to claim this state as a home market, I believe that all of our city names ought to be included as well.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I don't know a single person who thinks Disney is in LA.

everyone ive ever come accross, and ive been to some 20 odd countries over the last 5 years, and just about every major american city thinks so

The same way you can see huntington beach in the 'i love LA' video.

Ive yet to come accross anyone that can tell me anything about anaheim other than baseball fans who know about the name change or hockey fans when i travel.

The only time ive heard anyone specifically mention orange county is because of the cheesy tv show, but have never heard anyone mention anaheim specifically.

Santa Ana is a larger city, larger population with the county seat...and i doubt anyone not from around here as ever heard of that city

Id say the majority of orange county residents believe john wayne airport is in costa mesa. And its called the orange county airport...not the santa ana airport.

It's stupid and I f***in hate it. All my friends/coworkers/relatives think its dumb. People that hate the Angels bring it up all the time, and I agree with them. It makes no sense why a team in the heart of OC would change their name to be associated with a pisshole city, when they're further South from the LA border than freakin' Disneyland.

Arte you've ruined my f***ing life as a fan just because of your bullshit marketing tactics.

Anaheim Angels forever.

babycrying.jpeg

lol@ruined my life

I still find it hard to believe there were people so offended by the whole thing that they were giving up on the Angels. If this was the price of changing from our long-term small market mindset to a team that spends big in an attempt to win then who am I to get all upset by it?

the name change has definitely changed the way I feel about the team.  It may sound silly but I  dont feel like this is the same team I grew up cheering for, yes because of the silly name change.   If Arte's marketing goal was to alienate the longtime fan base, then he did a great job.   fing moron

the name change has definitely changed the way I feel about the team. It may sound silly but I dont feel like this is the same team I grew up cheering for, yes because of the silly name change. If Arte's marketing goal was to alienate the longtime fan base, then he did a great job. fing moron

I doubt that was his goal. He probably assumed grown ups could get over it.

the name change has definitely changed the way I feel about the team.  It may sound silly but I  dont feel like this is the same team I grew up cheering for, yes because of the silly name change.   If Arte's marketing goal was to alienate the longtime fan base, then he did a great job.   fing moron

must not remember jackie autry

I still find it hard to believe there were people so offended by the whole thing that they were giving up on the Angels. If this was the price of changing from our long-term small market mindset to a team that spends big in an attempt to win then who am I to get all upset by it?

I have yet to see the benefits of the name change besides higher ticket and food prices and 0 championships.