• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Future LF is....

Why would anyone want Revere?  He's never seen a pitch he didn't like and he really isn't much better than Cowgill at all.

I'm just not getting this.

pretty much what I was getting at.  

the only lure for some teams (i guess)  has to be that he's a decent CFer.  I'm pretty sure we've got that covered.  

He led the NL in hits last year, he's a good bunter and he'll steal 40-50+ bases while playing a much better LF than Joyce.

Yes he doesn't walk much, but if he did we'd have to deal solid pieces from the farm to land that type of player.

The Red Sox are short on pitching and Bradley is still young and crushing it in AAA. Offer them something we think would be of use the them this year like Jose Alvarez and one of our really good minor league relievers like Reynolds or Hyatt.

Bradley isn't a sure thing but we'd be banking on upside. It's better than banking on Matt Joyce, Marc Krauss or Gary Brown at this point.

.343 in 24 games in aaa. Who knows. Maybe he turned a corner ?

He's hit in the minors before, I'm not convinced.

He's legitimately one of the best outfielders defensively in baseball, and yet last his bat was so bad he was a below replacement player overall. So yeah, he can't hit.

He's not super young either. Imo he's another in a long line of overrated red sox prospects.

Mopkie Betts is the real deal tho

Wood hit in the minors too. We all know it means nada.

It isn't that it means nothing, it just means that sometimes minor league numbers aren't a precursor to major league numbers.  Some guys get a lot better once they're in the pros (Mike Trout, Albert Pujols, David Freese, Garrett Richards etc) and some guys have tendencies that are exploited my MLB caliber pitching (Howie Kendrick, Brandon Wood, Erick Aybar). 

It's an art (not a science) trying to pick and choose which guys you can foresee success with. For example, I think Cron will eventually be successful in the majors because of his ability to make contact which is rare for a power hitter.  Right now that looks unlikely but it's something I've chose to buy into based on what I've seen.  At the same time there guys like Sherman Johnson ho have got on base, hit for some power, stolen some bases that I just don't buy into yet. 

He's hit in the minors before, I'm not convinced.

He's legitimately one of the best outfielders defensively in baseball, and yet last his bat was so bad he was a below replacement player overall. So yeah, he can't hit.

He's not super young either. Imo he's another in a long line of overrated red sox prospects.

Mopkie Betts is the real deal tho

Mookie Betts is hitting .234 with a .302 OBP.

Jackie Bradley can legit pick it -- but his offense in AAA is built around a ,420 BABIP.  His walk rate is below the league average and 50% of his batted balls are ground balls.  He might help the team but if the idea is to improve the offense, it's unlikely Bradley offers much there.

I'd call up Grant Green and put him in LF.

not the best out there but his bat is better than what we've seen from that position so far this season.

And I'll go back to the Taylor Featherston roster spot -- unless this guy is going to be a full time starter for the Halos for about three seasons starting next year (and, seriously, do any of us see that happening?  I mean, is he the heir apparent to Aybar at SS or going to play every day 2B at some point?) why are we sacrificing a roster spot to a guy who is going to get less than 100 ABs, may pinch run like he did the other night (for Freese, I think) and play some late inning D........

I thought that roster spot should have gone to Green out of ST.......Green can play LF, 3B and 2B (although not that great with the glove at any of those positions).