• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Future LF is....

Ben Revere went 3-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base, and a run scored as the Phillies topped the Rockies on Monday.  Revere has had back-to-back three-hit games now. The outfielder is gradually bringing his average back to respectability, now batting .268/.314/.356 12 RBI, 17 runs scored, and eight stolen bases.

Revere makes a little more sense now that Calhoun is batting cleanup. He seems a better option batting in front of Trout. At the same though, part of the reason Calhoun stopped stealing bases altogether is because you gotta give Trout the chance to swing the bat. If Revere reaches base in front of Trout, I'm not sure we should expect him to run that much even though speed is his greatest asset.

Revere makes a little more sense now that Calhoun is batting cleanup. He seems a better option batting in front of Trout. At the same though, part of the reason Calhoun stopped stealing bases altogether is because you gotta give Trout the chance to swing the bat. If Revere reaches base in front of Trout, I'm not sure we should expect him to run that much even though speed is his greatest asset.

I still think we're missing a big bopper too. I'd like to get Revere for LF and find a legit DH to provide some thump. 

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Ben Revere is being tracked by scouts for a potential trade. The thought is that Revere will be expendable in Philadelphia's outfielder once Cody Asche and Domonic Brown return from the minors. Rosenthal notes that the Angels have shown interest in the past. Revere is making $4.1 million this season and is under team control though 2017.

Agree with you Chuck that we're two bats short of having a respectable offense again. We've given Joyce more time than Ibanez got to show something, just isn't happening. Krauss clearly won't cut it either. I think the other big bat should've been Cron but he couldn't step up . The Angels either need to play him and take their lumps or send him back to AAA to find his swing again. Planting him on the bench like this helps no one.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Ben Revere is being tracked by scouts for a potential trade. The thought is that Revere will be expendable in Philadelphia's outfielder once Cody Asche and Domonic Brown return from the minors. Rosenthal notes that the Angels have shown interest in the past. Revere is making $4.1 million this season and is under team control though 2017.

Yes please, but we know how stupid Amaro is with his price tags.

This may not be a good suggestion, but what about Marlon Byrd?  Although he's up there in age (37) he's had fairly solid seasons the past few years.  He has a little pop (.847 and .757 OPS the past two years, and .750 this year), and is playing LF this year, although I have no idea how his D is.  He's owed $8m this year with a $8m vesting option for 2016 at 550 AB's, might be a little risky. Could be able to get him without having to part with anyone significant.

AO, if you expect Pujols to hit like a $240 million guy then you will always be disappointed, because quite frankly that isn't going to happen. I am just hoping he hits like a middle of the order bat.

Okay, maybe more like someone resembling in any way a $240 million player. Like say a low .800s OPS, and not low .700s OPS.

Revere has a solid minor league slash line for a leadoff hitter. .326/.383/.404 with 122 walks/143 strikeouts and 160 stolen bases over 403 minor league games. Not bad for the former #1 pick!

I wonder if the Phillies would take Grant Green and either Chris Ellis or Tyler Deloach for Revere?

Revere has a solid minor league slash line for a leadoff hitter. .326/.383/.404 with 122 walks/143 strikeouts and 160 stolen bases over 403 minor league games. Not bad for the former #1 pick!

I wonder if the Phillies would take Grant Green and either Chris Ellis or Tyler Deloach for Revere?

Chuck do you think the organization has to make a move sooner rather than later? It's approaching mid may and no one seems to be turning a corner (LF or DH for that matter). Do we have enough time to give Green his fair shot in LF or is time ticking away fast And a move is needed before a GG experiment ?

Chuck do you think the organization has to make a move sooner rather than later? It's approaching mid may and no one seems to be turning a corner (LF or DH for that matter). Do we have enough time to give Green his fair shot in LF or is time ticking away fast And a move is needed before a GG experiment ?

I think a couple things are working against Green. 

#1 he's a righthanded hitter

#2 he lacks power for a corner outfielder. 

Typically if you're going to have a guy that doesn't have a lot pop in his bat play a corner OF position, you want said player to be a leadoff hitter or stolen base artist. Revere is both, plus he's defense would be leaps and bounds better than Green and what we currently have in LF, although Cowgill is pretty solid (but not a regular). 

Having a stolen base threat on first when Trout comes to the plate increases his chances at seeing good pitches to hit. Personally, I would like Calhoun to hit 3rd and Pujols at cleanup, but I'm not the hefe. 

Maybe take Howard of their hands as well to solve our DH problem. He has been heating up and the Phillies will eat most of his contract.

Only if the Phillies take on 18 of the 25 million he is owed next year. No less.

Agreed.

Howard has some pop and is currently hitting much better of late, as is Revere. Offers some pop from the middle of the lineup. He would be our 2013 version of Josh Hamilton at worst and much better than the DH's we've had the past two seasons thus far. 

Revere and Howard for Cron, Deloach and Sum Yung Gui.

Hmm... after reading the Dodgers injury i thought maybe Ethier would be an option as well, then i read the Howard/Revere thoughts and i have to say that intrigued me.

Do we want to take on cash and keep the prospects, or give more and pay less would be the question.

Howard/Revere could be a godsend IF they work out, or a complete curse more than Hamilton if they dont.