• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Future LF is....

Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that the Angels like Phillies outfielder Ben Revere, but are in "exploratory mode" and are "not rushing in any direction" for outfield help. This comes in response to a report from FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, who noted that the Angels have shown interest in Revere in the past. Matt Joyce has been a big disappointment this season and Angels manager Arte Moreno decided to turn the page on Josh Hamilton, so we expect the club to land another outfielder eventually.

Related: Angels

I just can't imagine the size of the cliff that Howard would plummet from if he was traded to the Angels. No. No. No ****ing way.

This. **** that

And no way would I trade Ellis for Revere.

Edited by SoWhat

Ryu is contemplating shoulder surgery. If like to get that Guerroro kid.

I don't think the Dodgers get rid of Guerrero.  He is their future 3B when Uribe's contract is done.

The Angels best answer from the Dodgers would be Van Slyke or Ethier.

I personally really like Van Slyke, but Ethier is having a return to form year himself right now.  Van Slyke is younger though.

I don't think the Dodgers get rid of Guerrero. He is their future 3B when Uribe's contract is done.

I personally really like Van Slyke, but Ethier is having a return to form year himself right now. Van Slyke is younger though.

Out of Either and Van Slyke I would take Van Slyke as well. I never liked Either as a ball player not sure why.

I don't think the Dodgers get rid of Guerrero.  He is their future 3B when Uribe's contract is done.

I personally really like Van Slyke, but Ethier is having a return to form year himself right now.  Van Slyke is younger though.

I doubt we trade for a righthanded bat unless we get a Revere in addition. Sosh loves his righty-lefty mix and match throughout the lineup. 

so instead of giving up enough value to get a CF who has never had an ops above .700 and has 95 walks in over 2000 plate appearances and then putting him in LF we want to buy high on a 35yo DH owed a ton of money and put him in a new league as well.

uh. nope.

Why does it matter how much money he is owed if Philly is eating most of it?

I doubt we trade for a righthanded bat unless we get a Revere in addition. Sosh loves his righty-lefty mix and match throughout the lineup. 

Good point.  Of course Ethier is a left-handed bat, so that would work.  Being he is owed a bigger contract, it wouldn't take as much to get him.  He also has some much needed pop.

That said, I'd love to get Revere if possible.  The Angels haven't had a real lead-off hitter since Figgins left and I think that has been missed.

Kirk Nieuwenhuis was just DFA'd by the Mets. He is a left-handed bat with power. He is capable of decent walk rates but strikes out a lot. He only had 40 PA's this season with a horrible BABIP driving his slash line down into oblivion.

It couldn't hurt to make a minor trade for him and test him out in LF (against RHP only) where his defense has been good. If we get closer to the deadline and he isn't working out trade for a different LF. Alternatively he could be a platoon DH option that definitely wouldn't break the bank.

He seems like a guy you could take a flyer on but the Angels may not like his splits issues.

while Howard in his last 52 plate appearances is batting .375 with three homers and a 1.090 OPS. At his current pace, he would finish with a .795 OPS, 30 homers and 81 RBI.

From the article.

Howard would be leaps and bounds better than what we're currently trotting out there, plus he has a good track record.

I'm interested. 

and also you put him in the angel lineup we might rub off on him and have a bigger darker version of joyce.   i am beginning to think new players coming in here are jinxed to suck more then ever before.  I have never been fooled so much as i was from SP with joyce, cron and albert....crazyness.   the end of the road trip is the deadline for cron, joyce and iannetta to get shit together.    HOU is a juggernaut.   I thought they were one more year away from contending in division...nope.  If not for them taking off we would have a bit more time.

he would be going from one of the most hitter friendly parks in MLB to one of the toughest on left handed hitters. AND be moving to the AL. it's a recipe for disaster.

it would be Hamilton all over again, except howard would be even worse

Howard has enough power to hit a ball out of ANY ballpark. 

Players typically perform better at home. This isn't Coors Field. 

If we could get Howard pennies on the dollar much like the Rangers are doing with Hamilton why wouldn't you want him? Howard was shitty in 2012, 2013 and 2014 but he was injured for those years. Here he will be a DH so the injury risk will be lower. Even if we got a 250 hitter with 20 bombs I would be happy with our DH situation.