• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Future LF is....

Green is a RH so the Angels aren't going to give him a shot unless he gets super smoking hot.

As for Kubitza, he hasn't really played LF and he's only played a month at AAA.

My understanding is if Kubitza is still hitting this well in another month or so hell start playing some more positions down there to prep him to come up.

You can't keep two guys on your roster who only play 3B.

Watch the SLC box scores. When you see this...

Kubitza, LF

He's on his way.

I'm trying to look at the big picture here.

The Angels have A LOT of long term question marks. Aside from Calhoun, Trout and Richards there isn't really a core team in place. Pujols and Hamilton will still be eating up huge amounts of money as well while Trout continues to get raises.

We finally are starting to show some signs of a minor league system, and there are some young, unproven guys that might end up being major parts of that unidentified core. We can't afford to trade guys away unless we are getting back a core piece, which seems unlikely or at least highly inefficient.

Looking at the team, we have a lot of needs right now. This isn't a good team. Is one move going to fix it? No it won't. At the same time, the ENTIRE DIVISION is in the same place right now. The west is ripe for the taking, and we are right in it. The playoffs are still a crap shoot. Don't go mortgaging the future to turn a mediocre team into a decent one.  

The Angels have A LOT of long term question marks. Aside from Calhoun, Trout and Richards there isn't really a core team in place. Pujols and Hamilton will still be eating up huge amounts of money as well while Trout continues to get raises.

We finally are starting to show some signs of a minor league system, and there are some young, unproven guys that might end up being major parts of that unidentified core. We can't afford to trade guys away unless we are getting back a core piece, which seems unlikely or at least highly inefficient.

Looking at the team, we have a lot of needs right now. This isn't a good team. Is one move going to fix it? No it won't. At the same time, the ENTIRE DIVISION is in the same place right now. The west is ripe for the taking, and we are right in it. The playoffs are still a crap shoot. Don't go mortgaging the future to turn a mediocre team into a decent one.  

Agreed that one player isn't going to make that big of a difference if the others don't start playing to a level they are capable.  

If the ASB rolls around and the offense has improved yet there is still a gaping hole in the lineup at LF and we are well within reach of winning the division, I would consider making a move to get a solid player but certainly not selling the farm.  

What is more likely is that we move some pieces this offseason to get a guy on his way up who doesn't have a spot open at the major league level.  Similar to the Kubitza move yet maybe someone a bit more advanced.  And we give up a Nate Smith or Ellis and maybe a couple additional low level guys.  

I still think we ride it out this season and look to fill this need in the offseason.

However, with the AL West being as bad as it is, it's going to be mighty tempting if it's still like this near the deadline to try and acquire a bat to separate from the pack and try our luck in the postseason.

Green is a RH so the Angels aren't going to give him a shot unless he gets super smoking hot.

As for Kubitza, he hasn't really played LF and he's only played a month at AAA.

My understanding is if Kubitza is still hitting this well in another month or so hell start playing some more positions down there to prep him to come up.

You can't keep two guys on your roster who only play 3B.

Watch the SLC box scores. When you see this...

Kubitza, LF

He's on his way.

As opposed to a lefty that hits into the shift seemingly every time. 

I think you may be overlooking a few guys being part of that core you mentioned.

1. Kubitza will be the starting 3B for a long time beginning next year.

2. Giavotella is doing a great job and Yarbrough is excellent too. One of those guys will be in it.

3. The Perez-Bandy platoon should be tremendously valuable.

4. We gave our full 5 right now, and by next year you can add Heaney, Skaggs and Tropeano into the mix. The year after that, Newcomb, Rhiades and Ellis.

- That's a boatload of pitching depth and unless Cron starts hitting soon, a gaping hole in LF AND DH. I have no problem trading some of that depth like Rhoades, Smith, Yarbrough (2B) and maybe even Shoe if it results in the acquisition of a LF that's our answer for the next 3+ years.

One option you guys are failing to mention is to trade Wilson. It frees up payroll and we don't have to give up on our young pitchers. Plus a pitcher like Wilson would bring a couple of players our way as he has had proven success and is in the midst of his best season (which I don't think will last).

One option you guys are failing to mention is to trade Wilson. It frees up payroll and we don't have to give up on our young pitchers. Plus a pitcher like Wilson would bring a couple of players our way as he has had proven success and is in the midst of his best season (which I don't think will last).

Wilson's very much needed this year, though. IMHO it would be an iffy idea to trade him because they can't really afford to lose a consistent pitcher from the starting rotation. Yes, there's Tropeano, but if Shoemaker continues to flounder, Trop could take *his* spot. And Heaney's an unproven entity as of yet.

Wilson is a consistent pitcher? My my how perceptions have changed within the past 12 months.

Wilson's very much needed this year, though. IMHO it would be an iffy idea to trade him because they can't really afford to lose a consistent pitcher from the starting rotation. Yes, there's Tropeano, but if Shoemaker continues to flounder, Trop could take *his* spot. And Heaney's an unproven entity as of yet.

The Angels have to think long term as well as short term. We need our cost controlled pitchers. To give them up in a "win now" mentality would put us exactly where werreallya couple of years ago with the worst farm system in baseball.

Trading Wilson would make more sense. You would not need two pitching prospects to get a player like Revere. U out could get a couple major league read players for Wilson. And let's face it. His stock isn't going any higher and there us a good chance he became inconsistent again.

Wilson is a consistent pitcher? My my how perceptions have changed within the past 12 months.

Perceptions have not changed; Wilson's performance has improved. Last year he did suck. Now he's playing well. And unfortunately two of the starters who were consistent last year seem to have declined, at the same time. There's no reason not to acknowledge that.

Sucking last year and pitching well this year is definition of inconsistency.

In case of Wilson

2012 pitched well.

2013 pitch well first half. Blew the second half.

2014. Pitch well for two months. Blew the other four

2015 pitching well for six weeks.

now let's talk about consistency!

Perceptions have not changed; Wilson's performance has improved. Last year he did suck. Now he's playing well. And unfortunately two of the starters who were consistent last year seem to have declined, at the same time. There's no reason not to acknowledge that.

Adam Lind*

* Jeff Fletcher

Makes perfect sense. The guy is run producer and the perfect DH for our lineup. He'd fit in nicely batting cleanup. 

As far as LF is concerned, we just have to hope someone in AAA or one of Joyce/Cowgill get hot. 

Send some arms to the Pirates for Josh Bell. Bell plays RF, Kole LF, and Trout in the middle. I'd also look at Jackie Bradley Jr. and Aaron Hicks if we're going straight defense.

I doubt the Pirates part with Josh Bell. He's more of a 1B than RF/OF. He's got a sick bat though. 

Good calls on Bradley Jr. and Hicks.