• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Future LF is....

The A's are going to ask for the moon for their best player if they were to trade him to a division rival.

I also disagree on that package. Beane got a package of the same amount of prospects with less quality for Donaldson who's twice the player as Reddick and under club control for 4 more years. I like Reddick, but it seems like a lot of posters here are overrating him.

Kody, do you honestly believe this team doesn't have pitching depth? If the Angels don't, pretty much no one does.

We have a decent rotation right now, but a very bright future. As far as depth goes for the future, Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano, Ellis, Smith, Alcantara, Newcomb, Rhoades. And that's completely ignoring the fact that we have Santiago and Shoemaker under team control for four more years.

The Angels should have no problem parting ways with a package of Santiago, Tropeano, Smith, Alcantara and Rhoades (a blockbuster package of pitching prospects for sure) and the Angels would still have a future rotation featuring Richards (ace), Newcomb (projected to be an ace), Heaney (projected as #2/3), Skaggs (similar to Heaney) and Ellis (projected as a #3/4) while still carrying Shoemaker, Gatto, Long and whoever else emerges as depth in AAA.

That's a TON of pitching depth, the sort that I believe could land us a good LF/DH.

Kody, do you honestly believe this team doesn't have pitching depth? If the Angels don't, pretty much no one does.

We have a decent rotation right now, but a very bright future. As far as depth goes for the future, Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano, Ellis, Smith, Alcantara, Newcomb, Rhoades. And that's completely ignoring the fact that we have Santiago and Shoemaker under team control for four more years.

The Angels should have no problem parting ways with a package of Santiago, Tropeano, Smith, Alcantara and Rhoades (a blockbuster package of pitching prospects for sure) and the Angels would still have a future rotation featuring Richards (ace), Newcomb (projected to be an ace), Heaney (projected as #2/3), Skaggs (similar to Heaney) and Ellis (projected as a #3/4) while still carrying Shoemaker, Gatto, Long and whoever else emerges as depth in AAA.

That's a TON of pitching depth, the sort that I believe could land us a good LF/DH.

Jake Jewell is a sleeper. He's been very good pitching multiple innings in relief and was dominant in his first start for Burlington (5 IP, 2H, 0BB, 7K's)

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "would be enough to get almost any available player in baseball". Is Reddick even available? If he is, would he not be one of the better players on that list?

what I mean is that I have no idea who's even available, but we could get Todd Frazier for that deal if he were, and I'd still wonder if we gave up too much.  

Jake Jewell is a sleeper. He's been very good pitching multiple innings in relief and was dominant in his first start for Burlington (5 IP, 2H, 0BB, 7K's)

Yes! Thanks for catching that one, I totally forgot! Jewell certainly has upside and youth. His stuff plays out better as a RP, but there's no hurt in seeing if he takes to a role in the rotation. I like him.

I also disagree on that package. Beane got a package of the same amount of prospects with less quality for Donaldson who's twice the player as Reddick and under club control for 4 more years. I like Reddick, but it seems like a lot of posters here are overrating him.

He didn't trade Donaldson to the AL West.

I think you guys are misunderstanding my point about Reddick. He is not worth the package I posted. He won't get anything close to that. My point was simply that if Reddick, who is currently the A's best player, were to be traded within the division, Beane is going to ask for the world in return.

Not necessarily. Both Dipoto and Beane have shown no hesitancy toward dealing within the division. Green-Callaspo, Morales-Vargas, Conger-Perez/Tropeano, etc.

To me, it seems a trade that fits is ideal for any and all teams.

As for what I might pay for Reddick? Tropeano. That's it. Reason being is that you really can't trust him to stay healthy and productive at the same time.

He didn't trade Donaldson to the AL West.

I think you guys are misunderstanding my point about Reddick. He is not worth the package I posted. He won't get anything close to that. My point was simply that if Reddick, who is currently the A's best player, were to be traded within the division, Beane is going to ask for the world in return.

I understand, but there's no way he even costs half of that package. Everyone values players differently, but I think you're really overrating Reddick. Since 2012, he's posted a wRC+ of 111, the same as David DeJesus. Edited by SoWhat

I'm not overrating Reddick. I think he's a good player whom I'd love to have, but will ultimately cost way more than he is worth no matter what anyone gives up for him.

Do I honestly think Beane would ask for that exact package of players? No. But I do think he'd ask for one of Heaney or Newcomb, plus another good prospect or two and I think that's too much.

24 year old Dodgers LF prospect.  LH, hit .280/.365 with 23 DB 14 triples 28 HR's and 10 SB last year in AA.  So far in AAA this year he's hitting .251/.338 with 9 doubles 3 triples 9 HR's and 10 SB.  More importantly, his scouting report is actually pretty similar to Kyle Kubitza on the offensive side of things.  He can and will work a walk but also has the type of power that can bust a game wide open.  Also like Kubitza, he does have the propensity to swing and miss too much.  But ultimately, there's little reason he can't end up being a .250 20 HR 15 SB type of LF. 

I guess I don't know too much about the guys in the lower levels and how they are projected to pan out. You're much more knowledgeable than I am concerning prospects, so if you say we have depth, I'll believe you. I'm just nervous about the Angels over paying for a bat because they're desperate. I'd rather wait until the off season, because out of our potential trade partners, I don't see anyone that jumps out at me.

I'm guessing similar to what it took to acquire Kubitza.  A high upside young pitcher.  So my guess is Victor Alcantara.  Maybe a lesser known prospect on top like Danny Reynolds.  Not much. 

Thing is though, since Schebler isn't established, there's really no telling whether or not he's the answer in LF sort of like there's no telling if Kubitza's the answer at 3B.  They'll both likely be solid major leaguers, but because it hasn't happened yet, the price is low and the risk is high.