• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels Future LF is....

Part of the deal was contingent upon him signing an extension. And to be fair, there are hundred of these type of deals where you wish you pulled the trigger. Angels drafted Matt Harvey and Buster Posey, didn't sign either :(. They were on the verge of trading Aybar twice. Once to the Orioles Erik Bedard :) another to the Cards for Wacha :( It was also reported that they lost out on Adrian Beltre by a mere 2 million dollars :( they were outbid by the Red Sox on Carl Crawford by 30 million :) They were going to sign Matt Garza for 10 million more than he got from the Brewers but he was on vacation and didn't respond :) They offered the same annual value the Padres gave to James Shields :(

Interesting. Wacha for Aybar would have been awesome.

It does, but to be fair, Posey was a solid pitcher, a very good catcher, very good 3B and actually played a passable SS. There was that one game at FSU where he played all 9 positions in one game.

so posey could have been here instead of iannetta, freese, and for arguments sake blanton.

Scotty, quit adding to the story, its just getting more depressing.

(Please dont tell me he didnt sign here because we needed the money for gmj or something...that would bring it all together)

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Haha, no it would seem likely that Posey did sign because he had a full-ride scholarship to play at a powerhouse school and would likely be drafted much earlier in a couple years, which he was.

And I'm with you Doc, trade something to acquire a bat. Heck, go ahead and acquire a couple of them. I don't care. Dipoto worked hard to build the sort of pitching depth the Angels have now and he did it ever so masterfully. So much so, that now the Angels could make a blockbuster trade and still have very solid depth on the mound.!

The real question for me, will Jerry acquire a long term solution at LF or DH, or would he prefer to go the short term route.

What pitching depth are you talking about? We already have a couple question marks in the rotation, and with CJ Wilson's contract ending after next season, we need some guys to plug in. Heaney, Tropeano, and Rasmus can go right now, but they're still prospects, who knows how well they're gonna do. Skaggs is a question mark. Weaver and Shoemaker are question marks. What pitching depth do we have that we can afford to lose?

What pitching depth are you talking about? We already have a couple question marks in the rotation, and with CJ Wilson's contract ending after next season, we need some guys to plug in. Heaney, Tropeano, and Rasmus can go right now, but they're still prospects, who knows how well they're gonna do. Skaggs is a question mark. Weaver and Shoemaker are question marks. What pitching depth do we have that we can afford to lose?

Rasmus is not a prospect and he can't go right now. Also, there's a surplus of young arms in the minors that have enough value to fetch an impact bat.

It would be some great defense out there, but I'm not willing to over pay to a division rival.

The A's would ask for A LOT for Reddick regardless. The package they'd want from a division rival would be astronomical.

Would love to have him, but he'd likely cost Heaney, Newcomb, Ellis, and someone like Bandy. Not worth it.

The A's would ask for A LOT for Reddick regardless. The package they'd want from a division rival would be astronomical.

Would love to have him, but he'd likely cost Heaney, Newcomb, Ellis, and someone like Bandy. Not worth it.

No way I'm trading those guys if I'm JeDi.

WTF?

dude I hope you were exaggerating for effect.  No way it would cost anything close to that.  He's got 1.5 years of club control left.

They might want Heaney and Bandy which I still wouldn't do, but the package you mentioned would be enough to get almost any available player in baseball.  

WTF?

dude I hope you were exaggerating for effect.  No way it would cost anything close to that.  He's got 1.5 years of club control left.

They might want Heaney and Bandy which I still wouldn't do, but the package you mentioned would be enough to get almost any available player in baseball.  

The A's are going to ask for the moon for their best player if they were to trade him to a division rival.