• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to seriously consider trading Kendrick?

Thats the main thing, YOT. Howie wont net us what we need. Not because he has low value, but because the teams looking for a guy like him would already be contending, and be more apt to trade prospects instead of mlb ready players.

I still think st louis might be a fit. They need offense (which we have), and theyre deep in pitching (which we need)

They already have kolten Wong in their long term plans. He's basically howie kendrick

Here's some general information concerning Kendrick's fielding this year.  His fielding percentage is .983, that's 8th position in the American League among second basemen.  He has a dWAR of 0.4.  He is kind of similar to Infante of KC, but he has played more games (approximately 16 more).  A good question might be if Green could match that level, and hit for a better average over that many games?  I think if we could have gotten the lead in today's game, then I think McDonald has to play in the infield somewhere to close it out, either for Freese or Kendrick.

Edited by tomsred

Howie isn't the only player that has failed "in the clutch" on this team.

I just don't see breaking up the double play combination in the middle of the season.

If the FO really thinks Green can handle being the everyday 2B then I would expect the move to happen during the off season.

I've been in favor of trading Howie for years. I haven't seen an everyday player on the Angels in the past ten years who has failed more times in critical situations. I have been very patient thinking that he might improve in that department over time but its like his hitting IQ goes down exponentially the bigger the situation he's in. BTW I'm not even counting that play today on the field.

I will admit that he's put up descent numbers in various categories throughout the years and Dipoto obviously should not get rid of him for nothing. However I think he has had enough time on this team to show what he is made of and I honestly believe green would be a better option at this point (assuming Jerry gets something descent however possible that is).

Clutch or not, his attitude sucks at times. 

The Angels created the player information department to supply advanced scouting metrics to the players, all with the intention of making Angels' players better at what they do.  Howie responds by giving the front office a figurative middle finger by saying he didn't want to be "burdened" by the extra information. 

The least he could do is be receptive to the idea, try it out briefly, and if it sucks, it sucks.  No need to stick with it. 

Edited by mp170.6

I just hate seeing him laughing 3 seconds after the last out of the game is made, or smiling in the dugout after he makes a bone head play on the field.

If I had made that base running mistake that he made in the game yesterday I wouldn't want anyone in the world noticing me. I could not wrap my head around seeing him goofing around after looking like such a fool on television and right in front of his teammates.

I just hate seeing him laughing 3 seconds after the last out of the game is made, or smiling in the dugout after he makes a bone head play on the field.

If I had made that base running mistake that he made in the game yesterday I wouldn't want anyone in the world noticing me. I could not wrap my head around seeing him goofing around after looking like such a fool on television and right in front of his teammates.

After a particularly tough loss late in the 1963 season, Phillies' manager Gene Mauch caught sight of his players laughing and goofing around at the postgame buffet table in the clubhouse. He picked up the table and threw it across the room along with chicken, ribs, sauce and the works.

I wish Scioscia would do something remotely like this at least once. These players are way too comfortable, and it is reflected in their lackluster and unfocused play. There seems to be no accountability for the frequent, and atrocious, blunders on the field.

After a particularly tough loss late in the 1963 season, Phillies' manager Gene Mauch caught sight of his players laughing and goofing around at the postgame buffet table in the clubhouse. He picked up the table and threw it across the room along with chicken, ribs, sauce and the works.

I wish Scioscia would do something remotely like this at least once. These players are way too comfortable, and it is reflected in their lackluster and unfocused play. There seems to be no accountability for the frequent, and atrocious, blunders on the field.

I can't even begin to imagine how far up one's ass one would need a stick shoved to see people laughing and react by THROWING A TABLE FULL OF FOOD ACROSS THE ROOM.

Scioscia is NOT gonna throw good food away.

Dream on, dude.