• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to seriously consider trading Kendrick?

Howie is a good player and a good second baseman and helps more than he hurts the team. Obviously it would be overreacting to say trade him after he lost yesterday's game but I would like to see him traded for good young arms. I don't think Green is an upgrade but it's not like Howie is an unreplaceable superstar. A small downgrade (with upside) at 2B for an improved pitching staff would be a good thing.

Edited by Angels N Skins

Yes, trade HK.

He is overrated by most of AW and his numbers show that he's a better player than he is with regards to both sides of the ball.

He seems like a nice guy but when he's grinning ear to ear and joking with teammates when getting blown out, it makes me think that he doesn't care about winning or losing. He does his best on pure talent and whatever happens, happens. He doesn't care about improving his baseball IQ. As evidenced by him limiting the amount of advanced metrics given to him...and the low and away slider. He doesn't seem as if he enjoys thinking. His ABs are brainless. His talent can only go so far. Not bad for him because he's earned great money but he is not a guy I enjoy watching on the team I route for.

Trade for SP.

Yep, clearly the only ones who care about winning are the ones who constantly scream and yell and break things when they struggle!

Anything less than visible outright misery or anger in those situations is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

:rolleyes:

Edited by jshep

Yeap, that's wha

Yep, clearly the only ones who care about winning are the ones who constantly scream and yell and break things when they struggle!

Anything less than visible outright misery or anger in those situations is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

:rolleyes:

Yeap, that's what I said. 

Hahahahahahaha hilarious. Cuz Mikes a fat guy and likes food. Hahahahahahaha! Your wit and cutting edge humor here keep this place an absolute laugh riot. So damn fresh, wow, that's some good stuff.

What happened to the new rules stating quoting to who you are responding?  Not that you are the only one, but it would be really cool if the mods set the example...just sayin'.

I will say it is a lot better than it used to be, though it seems old habits die hard.

Edited by maximus p

Most of the players just arent hungry enough

Howie is one example but the most blatant is pujols.

Get your huge contract with ridiculous incentives,and then stop giving a fuk

this is how i feel about the angels as well.  they have too many players with bloated contracts and have stopped giving a damn because they know their name is going to be in the lineup card the next day regardless of what mental mistakes they make out on the field.

that's why the a's are doing so well.  no big names, no bloated contracts, just a bunch of scrappy players playing baseball hard and playing like a team and busting their butts to make sure their name is in the lineup card every day. 

I don't, nor do I have to, "wring my hands" over Scioscia.

I would have fired him before the start of 05. 4 years before he was made Angels manager for life.

It's been almost a decade since I was done with him. I am way far past personally needing to "seem" correct.

The "wringing of hands" comes from those fans that continue to defend Scioscia, not from me.

Maybe, although I hope it doesn't happen, missing the playoffs for a 5th year will help it sink in, and if he continues to put Pujols in the 3rd spot in the order, just because he wants to, maybe the superfans will finally wake up.

I doubt it though..

So u would have fired him right before we won the Western Division and went to the ALCS?

Thank God you don't run the team

After a particularly tough loss late in the 1963 season, Phillies' manager Gene Mauch caught sight of his players laughing and goofing around at the postgame buffet table in the clubhouse. He picked up the table and threw it across the room along with chicken, ribs, sauce and the works.

I wish Scioscia would do something remotely like this at least once. These players are way too comfortable, and it is reflected in their lackluster and unfocused play. There seems to be no accountability for the frequent, and atrocious, blunders on the field.

There is a reason Mauch never won the big game.  I know he's worshipped on here but he had his teams wound so tight by the time they get the playoffs the first bad thing to happen made the teams implode.  After the 86' season he completely lost the team.  Players were disrespecting him to his face.

I learned a lot in this thread. I learned that some people still think Mike and food jokes are still "funny". I learned that Howie despite his numbers is still not very good apparently, and I learned that despite the starting having a lousy inning and having to go to the pen in the fifth inning and despite the fact that a player botched a play that would have ended the inning, it's still the managers fault and it has been for four years. Oh and I learned Francona was fired for things he wasn't fired for.

Howie is a good player and a good second baseman and helps more than he hurts the team. Obviously it would be overreacting to say trade him after he lost yesterday's game but I would like to see him traded for good young arms. I don't think Green is an upgrade but it's not like Howie is an unreplaceable superstar. A small downgrade (with upside) at 2B for an improved pitching staff would be a good thing.

Im with you in theory. Where i disagree is defense.

Green 'projects' to be something around howie bat wise, maybe even better. But his defense will be less. And if you really start looking at how the game has evolved these last few years, defense has become a lot more important.

Kind of off topic, but im already starting to look ahead at 2016 wondering who will replace aybar if he leaves (or who can fill in for him now if aomething happens to him)

If green was a better glove, id be all for moving kendrick for an arm (though I dont think thats even possible)

The same guy batting 283 recently. Yes the was a brain dead move.

bitches have to bitch I guess

ironically if you argued why we didn't load the bases and play for a DP I would have agreed with you.

Although many will writhe in pain at the thought...

This loss is on the manager.

If a player is suffering from swollen butt/ groin glands for a few days, he should not be playing.

Period. End of discussion. Brain dead idiocy.

Allowing David Freese to lead off the 9th inning in a tie game is brain dead. Having David Freese in ANY TIED GAME playing 3rd is brain dead.

There is a lot of talent on this team, but they can't overcome bad managing.

Scioscia managed this game badly, and he does it often.

You would have fired him before he won four straight titles. Wow you must have been thrilled when the Angels started tanking five years later so you would look you knew what you were talking about

I don't, nor do I have to, "wring my hands" over Scioscia.

I would have fired him before the start of 05. 4 years before he was made Angels manager for life.

It's been almost a decade since I was done with him. I am way far past personally needing to "seem" correct.

The "wringing of hands" comes from those fans that continue to defend Scioscia, not from me.

Maybe, although I hope it doesn't happen, missing the playoffs for a 5th year will help it sink in, and if he continues to put Pujols in the 3rd spot in the order, just because he wants to, maybe the superfans will finally wake up.

I doubt it though..

I've wanted to trade Kendrick since last season. Not necessarily because of anything he did wrong but due to his value and contract status (which looks somewhat appealing to other clubs) Overall he is a productive hitter for us and above average with the glove. I don't think we should dump him over 1 mistake at 2nd base yesterday. Way to jump the gun, OP. If Lindsey was a little more developed at this point in the season I'd be all for trading Howie for a closer and leaving it to Green at 2B with Lindsey as a backup in AAA if needed. Howie definitely has his moments (last Saturday for example), but his GIDP and RISP% is the real nail biter here.