• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to seriously consider trading Kendrick?

I miss the days when scouts were calling Kendrick "a batting title just waiting to happen".

I think we can toss that idea in the trash can.

You clearly haven't, if anything you're still holding that against him.   Some scout dreamed on what Howie could be, a sportswriter printed it, others repeated it, and then Kendrick spends his entire career having to answer for it.  

If not for the sheeple, Kendrick might actually be accepted for what he is rather than faulted for failing to live to what someone else hoped he would be.

You clearly haven't, if anything you're still holding that against him.   Some scout dreamed on what Howie could be, a sportswriter printed it, others repeated it, and then Kendrick spends his entire career having to answer for it.  

If not for the sheeple, Kendrick might actually be accepted for what he is rather than faulted for failing to live to what someone else hoped he would be.

Just one more instance where fans feel personally slighted when players don't live up to that fan's idea of what they would play like. 

Yes, trade HK.

He is overrated by most of AW and his numbers show that he's a better player than he is with regards to both sides of the ball.

He seems like a nice guy but when he's grinning ear to ear and joking with teammates when getting blown out, it makes me think that he doesn't care about winning or losing. He does his best on pure talent and whatever happens, happens. He doesn't care about improving his baseball IQ. As evidenced by him limiting the amount of advanced metrics given to him...and the low and away slider. He doesn't seem as if he enjoys thinking. His ABs are brainless. His talent can only go so far. Not bad for him because he's earned great money but he is not a guy I enjoy watching on the team I route for.

Trade for SP.

I remember when people made that argument as they railed against Jim Edmonds.  

Looking pissed totally means a guy cares, Disarcina, Hollins, Larry Bowa, and countless others were great examples of this and lord knows John Lackey is widely respected for his willingness to look mad when mistakes are made.... I know I always thought, "Man... that guy really wants to win", especially when he let his anger override his focus and he would fall apart.  Meanwhile, Kendrick stepped up and said the loss was on him, despite AP's failures and CJ Wilson's crappy game..  Next week someone will question wny nobody on this team ever owns up to their mistakes....

The circle of life.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Interesting datapoint to consider....

From Deadspin: "Leaked: 10 Months Of The Houston Astros' Internal Trade Talks"

http://deadspin.com/leaked-10-months-of-the-houston-astros-internal-trade-1597951970

11/4/2013

[stearns] spoke to [Angels AGM Matt Klentak]: LAA will look to supplement SP and RP. They are willing to deal from position player strength to fortify other areas. Four players they would consider dealing are Bourjos, Trumbo, Aybar, and Kendrick. DS told MK that of those four, we would likely have interest in Borjous down the road

Edited by budice0

Interesting datapoint to consider....

From Deadspin: "Leaked: 10 Months Of The Houston Astros' Internal Trade Talks"

http://deadspin.com/leaked-10-months-of-the-houston-astros-internal-trade-1597951970

11/4/2013

[stearns] spoke to [Angels AGM Matt Klentak]: LAA will look to supplement SP and RP. They are willing to deal from position player strength to fortify other areas. Four players they would consider dealing are Bourjos, Trumbo, Aybar, and Kendrick. DS told MK that of those four, we would likely have interest in Borjous down the road

Ty for sharing that, pretty neat read.

I'd like to know Kendrick's numbers against top pitchers. Obviously top pitchers are going to have good numbers against guys, but I bet Howie's numbers are terrible.

Lifetime, Kendrick has batted .280 (80/286) against the likes of Buehrle, Darvish, Gio Gonzalez, Sonny Gray, King Felix, Cliff Lee, Tommy Milone, David Price, Chris Sale, Max Scherzer, James Shields and Tanaka.

Thanks ksangel.

Yes, it's time to trade Howie Kendrick. It's been time for years. Guy is the least clutch player on the team, and always seems to choke in the tough spots. I'd rather have Freese at the plate with runners on 1st and 3rd down by 1 in the 9th. That's how much Howie sucks. I've had enough of his crap, it's time to get some fresh blood at 2nd base because Howie can never get the job done when we need him to. Him and Pujols are my least favorite Angels. Both huge chokers in their Angel careers.

I'm sure GM's are lining up to deal away their cost control bullpen arms after reading this thread on Howie Kendrick.

I've said it before, but I don't think the board would love the return on Howie Kendrick. He seems more like a cost cutting move, rather than a big piece to acquire an effective bullpen arm. Grant Green makes more sense for other teams.

Edited by Richard

.196/.208/.304 in his 4 playoff series

Which set of small samples should we give greater credence to?  The 32 at bats in the ALDS where he's put up the .335 OPS or the one year the Angels made it the ALCS where he managed a .976 OPS in 14 at bats?  Shouldnt his numbers have gone down after his team went further into the postseason?

Edited by Inside Pitch

I'm sure GM's are lining up to deal away their cost control bullpen arms after reading this thread on Howie Kendrick.

I've said it before, but I don't think the board would love the return on Howie Kendrick. He seems more like a cost cutting move, rather than a big piece to acquire an effective bullpen arm. Grant Green makes more sense for other teams.

Yep, people are misjudging what sort of team would actually want Kendrick.   He's a guy a BUYER goes after, a seller wants exactly the sort of player you mentioned.  Not sure there are many teams in contention willing to move a valuable proven RP.  If you move Kendrick now, you're basically moving him for guys like Cam Bedrosian and RJ Alvarez.  

Green and Mac aren't suitable replacements for Howie.

Nice try

Nice try, but if green actually had an opportunity to make consistent starts I'd bet he blows Howie out of the water. Offensively he is obviously better, defensively he just has to be OK. Because That's what Howie is.