• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to seriously consider trading Kendrick?

I don't think trading Howie is anywhere near the answer, but if Green can be a 3 WAR player and we can net a great bullpen arm and maybe some minor league random, that isn't worth it? In a vacuum, trading Howie for a single bullpen arm doesn't make much sense, but since when do we operate out of a vacuum?

Trading him NOW isn't the answer.

He should have been traded in this past off season, or in a few other off seasons, for another young pitcher or two.

A couple years ago you could have traded him for very solid young pitching prospects that might be contributing now.

I've never been a big Howie fan, always thought he was another Angel that Scioscia and the fans were comfy having around.

I would have kept Callapso to play 2nd and traded Howie...LAST SEASON

Howie was worth way more in trade, and you weren't losing much, if anything....

We needed BULLPEN help last season, not Grant Green.

My educated guess is that Scioscia didn't want his DP combo broken up.

I said it then and I'm saying it now....but the majority will disagree, which is fine.

Fire away, superfans..

Edited by Homebrewer

Although many will writhe in pain at the thought...

This loss is on the manager.

If a player is suffering from swollen butt/ groin glands for a few days, he should not be playing.

Period. End of discussion. Brain dead idiocy.

Allowing David Freese to lead off the 9th inning in a tie game is brain dead. Having David Freese in ANY TIED GAME playing 3rd is brain dead.

There is a lot of talent on this team, but they can't overcome bad managing.

Scioscia managed this game badly, and he does it often.

The fun thing is that at some point, your hand wringing about MS is going to make it seem like you are correct.  

If I start incessantly complaining about Trout right now, in 15 years, I am gonna look like a genius for predicting his decline.  

Looking smart is not about actually being smart, but having the will to stick with something long enough until it comes true.  

The fun thing is that at some point, your hand wringing about MS is going to make it seem like you are correct.  

If I start incessantly complaining about Trout right now, in 15 years, I am gonna look like a genius for predicting his decline.  

Looking smart is not about actually being smart, but having the will to stick with something long enough until it comes true.  

I don't, nor do I have to, "wring my hands" over Scioscia.

I would have fired him before the start of 05. 4 years before he was made Angels manager for life.

It's been almost a decade since I was done with him. I am way far past personally needing to "seem" correct.

The "wringing of hands" comes from those fans that continue to defend Scioscia, not from me.

Maybe, although I hope it doesn't happen, missing the playoffs for a 5th year will help it sink in, and if he continues to put Pujols in the 3rd spot in the order, just because he wants to, maybe the superfans will finally wake up.

I doubt it though..

I just hate seeing him laughing 3 seconds after the last out of the game is made, or smiling in the dugout after he makes a bone head play on the field.

If I had made that base running mistake that he made in the game yesterday I wouldn't want anyone in the world noticing me. I could not wrap my head around seeing him goofing around after looking like such a fool on television and right in front of his teammates.

Kinda like dwight when he was with the lakers

You cant be smiling and giggling when ur losing!! Get ur head in the damn game!

Kinda like dwight when he was with the lakers

You cant be smiling and giggling when ur losing!! Get ur head in the damn game!

Don't get me started on Dwight... I know the Lakers sucked this year but I'm glad he's gone. Just wish someone hadn't paid for that giant billboard in Hollywood begging him to stay...

I don't, nor do I have to, "wring my hands" over Scioscia.

I would have fired him before the start of 05. 4 years before he was made Angels manager for life.

It's been almost a decade since I was done with him. I am way far past personally needing to "seem" correct.

The "wringing of hands" comes from those fans that continue to defend Scioscia, not from me.

Maybe, although I hope it doesn't happen, missing the playoffs for a 5th year will help it sink in, and if he continues to put Pujols in the 3rd spot in the order, just because he wants to, maybe the superfans will finally wake up.

I doubt it though..

your prophecy will soon come true.  Hang in there.  

When it actually happens you will think it's because he batted Pujols third or that he used the contact play. 

Managers don't get fired for the things you hand wring about.  But keep fighting the good fight so one day you can say 'see I told you so'.  

Your crusade starting from as far back as you've mentioned just make you seem that much more unreasonable.  

THE WORLD IS GONNA END!!!  I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS AND ONE DAY I'LL BE RIGHT!!

keep on keeping on dude.  it's gonna happen for you someday soon.  

Crazy is just a bad timing.  Genius is will.  

Edited by Dochalo

Don't get me started on Dwight... I know the Lakers sucked this year but I'm glad he's gone. Just wish someone hadn't paid for that giant billboard in Hollywood begging him to stay...

Thats what the management has resorted to after dr buss passed. Big loss for the lakers. Mitch is fine, but i just dont see jeanie jim or johny buss being able to handle it without doc! We will see

your prophecy will soon come true.  Hang in there.  

When it actually happens you will think it's because he batted Pujols third or that he used the contact play. 

Managers don't get fired for the things you hand wring about.  But keep fighting the good fight so one day you can say 'see I told you so'.  

Your crusade starting from as far back as you've mentioned just make you seem that much more unreasonable.  

THE WORLD IS GONNA END!!!  I'VE BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS AND ONE DAY I'LL BE RIGHT!!

keep on keeping on dude.  it's gonna happen for you someday soon.  

Crazy is just a bad timing.  Genius is will.  

Wow Doc...

"Managers don't get fired for the things you hand wring about."

Really?

Dumbsty Baker, Francona, and too many fired managers to mention, say hi to you.

Edited by Homebrewer

Wow Doc...

"Managers don't get fired for the things you hand wring about."

Really?

Dumbsty Baker, Francona, and too many fired managers to mention, say hi to you.

Of course, none of them had bloated, totally ridiculous, 10 year..5 million a year contracts that kept them from being fired.

Yes, trade HK.

He is overrated by most of AW and his numbers show that he's a better player than he is with regards to both sides of the ball.

He seems like a nice guy but when he's grinning ear to ear and joking with teammates when getting blown out, it makes me think that he doesn't care about winning or losing. He does his best on pure talent and whatever happens, happens. He doesn't care about improving his baseball IQ. As evidenced by him limiting the amount of advanced metrics given to him...and the low and away slider. He doesn't seem as if he enjoys thinking. His ABs are brainless. His talent can only go so far. Not bad for him because he's earned great money but he is not a guy I enjoy watching on the team I route for.

Trade for SP.

Yes, trade HK.

He is overrated by most of AW and his numbers show that he's a better player than he is with regards to both sides of the ball.

He seems like a nice guy but when he's grinning ear to ear and joking with teammates when getting blown out, it makes me think that he doesn't care about winning or losing. He does his best on pure talent and whatever happens, happens. He doesn't care about improving his baseball IQ. As evidenced by him limiting the amount of advanced metrics given to him...and the low and away slider. He doesn't seem as if he enjoys thinking. His ABs are brainless. His talent can only go so far. Not bad for him because he's earned great money but he is not a guy I enjoy watching on the team I route for.

Trade for SP.

If another GM thought Howie was worth a SP, he would have been gone long ago.