• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to seriously consider trading Kendrick?

So u would have fired him right before we won the Western Division and went to the ALCS?

Thank God you don't run the team

Im so sick of how this is the standard. MIKE is untouchable because he won a series in 02 and because we made it to the playoffs a few times. Do you ever stop and think, what if we had a different manager, could we have possibly done better? Maybe have 2-3 series in that span? It's this nut riding that keeps this organization from moving forward. Basically anytime we made it to the playoffs we have Mike to Thank, because without him we couldn't have made it any further. "He has brought the best out in this team year after year" seems to be the overall consensus of Sosh Homer's. Edited by SoCALkid

Nice try, but if green actually had an opportunity to make consistent starts I'd bet he blows Howie out of the water. Offensively he is obviously better, defensively he just has to be OK. Because That's what Howie is.

Greene is not obviously better than Howie offensively. Have you ever considered that maybe his numbers are good because he doesn't play everyday. If he is obviously better than Howie then I'm pretty sure we would be able to get a better return if we traded Greene than we would Howie, since well he is less expensive and better. I say trade Greene and get us a very good closer.

Which set of small samples should we give greater credence to?  The 32 at bats in the ALDS where he's put up the .335 OPS or the one year the Angels made it the ALCS where he managed a .976 OPS in 14 at bats?  Shouldnt his numbers have gone down after his team went further into the postseason?

In game 3, he went 3-5 against Pettite with a big home run. The rest of the series he went 1-9. Two of those games were against Sabathia and the other was against Pettite again.

Nice try, but if green actually had an opportunity to make consistent starts I'd bet he blows Howie out of the water. Offensively he is obviously better, defensively he just has to be OK. Because That's what Howie is.

Other GM's: "sweet, we'll take the cheaper younger and better version then."

In game 3, he went 3-5 against Pettite with a big home run. The rest of the series he went 1-9. Two of those games were against Sabathia and the other was against Pettite again.

So. the question stands -- which small sample should we gave credence to?    He's got 4000+ PAs where he's been a 106 OPS+ hitter as a solid glove 2B but that seems to take a back seat to the 9 at bats where he went 1-9.

Edited by Inside Pitch

So. the question stands -- which small sample should we gave credence to? He's got 4000+ PAs where he's been a 106 OPS+ hitter as a solid glove 2B but that seems to take a back seat to the 9 at bats where he went 1-9.

Like I've said, I think he's a solid player but not a star so he shouldn't be untouchable. If trading him fills some bullpen holes and/or helps with minor league depth, I'm all for it. I've just never been a huge fan of the guy. It doesn't mean he is a bad player and one error the other guy doesn't represent what he brings to the team

• 1 month later...

Still shouldn't be traded. I believe Green will be better, but ride Howie (lol) out until his contract is up. He's averaged a 3.1 WAR since 2010. Not too many second basemen are that consistent.

He's frustrating as hell. I get it. He's the CJ Wilson of 2nd basemen. But ultimately he's always been better than average. Unless some team is willing to give up a Skaggs/Santiago type for him, don't trade him.

I think some of the posters here are missing the big picture....sure Howie is frustrating often, but so is Pujols, Hamilton, CJ, Conger, Freeze, Aybar, Sosh, et al. These frustrating folks have managed to produce the best record in the AL... Baseball is a game of failure so a batter who fails to hit 70 pct of the time is a good hitter...and a team that loses 4 games in 10 usually wins the division. Perspective is needed!

....Baseball is a game of failure so a batter who fails to hit 70 pct of the time is a good hitter...and a team that loses 4 games in 10 usually wins the division. Perspective is needed!

True that....but with Howie up and the possibility of a double play in order, do you not always scream "bunt, bunt" at the TV?  I do....and I did last night....he's an automatic DP with runners on.....

I agree the criticism of Howie is unfair. However in the off season the team needs another starter. If you can get a prospect like Skaggs or Santiago for Howie you pull the trigger.

I think some of the posters here are missing the big picture....sure Howie is frustrating often, but so is Pujols, Hamilton, CJ, Conger, Freeze, Aybar, Sosh, et al. These frustrating folks have managed to produce the best record in the AL... Baseball is a game of failure so a batter who fails to hit 70 pct of the time is a good hitter...and a team that loses 4 games in 10 usually wins the division. Perspective is needed!

i actually think its way passed time, but the last few days have nothing to do with that.

Hes a good player, more potential than production, but if we were gonna trade him it should have been last year or much earlier this year when you could still reference some power... the drop off there has weakened any trade value that was there.

at this point we wont get enough return to justify the deal i dont think unless someone is really desperate for a 2B upgrade for a playoff run and there are a couple that might be, but are they going to be willing to pay the price? 

and what would we even ask for, weaken the roster to replenish the farm a bit.. now? 

he is a good player, better than a lot of his peers and a good piece in the lineup,just not what we all hoped he might become.  that isnt bashing him, it just is what it is

Edited by floplag

True that....but with Howie up and the possibility of a double play in order, do you not always scream "bunt, bunt" at the TV?  I do....and I did last night....he's an automatic DP with runners on.....

2014 GIDP

Pedroia - 12 times

Kipnis - 12 times

Altuve - 12 times

Kinsler - 11 times

Cano - 11 times

Howie - 12 times

There should be a lot of 2B on the market this off season.