• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to seriously consider trading Kendrick?

It's an error FS. If you were talking about Albert's running I would agree but the guy made an error, it happens.

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious.  Thinking rationally about it he didn't necessarily lose the game for the team, he just robbed them of an opportunity to win it.  If he turns the double play the team still needs to get the lead, and then hold it.  The "hold it" part would be very much in doubt.

Think about this for a moment, he was trying to make sure he could turn the double play quickly enough to ensure both runners were thrown out.  He had his back to the runner going to first, so he couldn't see where he was on the base path (how close to first), and then he simply took his eyes off the ball to begin his throwing motion and missed catching it.  I very much doubt that he thinks it was funny tonight.

Edited by tomsred

Howie is Howie...the guy has the personality of a cardboard and oatmeal sandwich.

I have a feeling that Torii was talking about him when he stood up and called out this team for going through the motions.

LOL, a "cardboard and oatmeal sandwich."  Would that be like describing yourself as having the personality of "beer and cottage cheese soup?"

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious.  Thinking rationally about it he didn't necessarily lose the game for the team, he just robbed them of an opportunity to win it.  If he turns the double play the team still needs to get the lead, and then hold it.  The "hold it" part would be very much in doubt.

Frieri is gone now...

Jepsen threw two complete scoreless innings for the first time in over a decade..

The stars and planets were all aligned..

It was an EEEASY DP, until Howie started thinking BBQ Ribs Nom Nom Nom.

Edited by Homebrewer

Howie is Howie...the guy has the personality of a cardboard and oatmeal sandwich.

I have a feeling that Torii was talking about him when he stood up and called out this team for going through the motions.

Nah, he was CLEARLY referring to Trout and Weaver.

Baseless speculation is fun!

oh.  there is so much lame in this thread.  

Scioscia food jokes?  Really?  Still?  

Howie doesn't care?  He's bland?  He's unclutch?  

meh.  

I like howie.  At one point, I was on the 'batting champ' bandwagon.  Bought his rookie card.  Paid for a signed pic.  

So he ended up good but no great.  It happens.  He's a solid player.  A known player.  3 WAR good.  Average to slightly above on D.  

But let's trade him away when he has a bad game.  

Don't get me wrong, I like Green's future, but he' not Howie.  Not right now at least.  He's not a good defender, and frankly would be a potential upgrade at 3b vs a downgrade at 2b

But put the emotion aside and ask yourself about a howie trade.  So what would we get mid season?  A reliever?  A SP prospect?  Neither of those make the team better right now.  Adding Green to the everyday lineup and adding a good reliever is a wash.

The Angels have the 5th highest 2b WAR in baseball over the last 4 years.  Howie is 7th overall in the last 4+ years in 2b WAR.  At some point, him being traded will make sense.  Right now, it doesn't.  

You can rip Pujols all you want. He deserves it. However this loss isn't entirely on him. Had he not got thrown out it would be a tie game with two on and one out. Howie error is just has costly. I guess you could argue that Howie error was not out of effort.

What I don't understand is why pitch to last batter. He had a great series and the runner 1st didn't matter. Why not walk the bases loaded and go for a inning ending DP?

I agree. The loss is on Pujols...

That said, I'm down to trade Howie for a legit BP arm or young starter. Give Green the gig.

"It's posts like this that makes people want to kick someone in the balls"

That is a quote from another thread. I feel it was appropriate after reading your posts.

Who cares about his one clutch hit ever. That was a situation where the game wasnt on the line. Runner on 1st with 1 out in a tie game. Put that runner at 3rd with 1 out I bet Howie strikes out.

If we had no other options at 2nd I understand keeping him. But you know what youre going to get out of Howie. Hes terrible against any respectable pitcher, terrible in the playoffs, the worst clutch hitter of all time literally and probably statistically, and makes bonehead plays in the field when the game is on the line.

Give 2B to Green and lets move on from this idiot.

Although many will writhe in pain at the thought...

This loss is on the manager.

If a player is suffering from swollen butt/ groin glands for a few days, he should not be playing.

Period. End of discussion. Brain dead idiocy.

Allowing David Freese to lead off the 9th inning in a tie game is brain dead. Having David Freese in ANY TIED GAME playing 3rd is brain dead.

There is a lot of talent on this team, but they can't overcome bad managing.

Scioscia managed this game badly, and he does it often.

I don't think trading Howie is anywhere near the answer, but if Green can be a 3 WAR player and we can net a great bullpen arm and maybe some minor league random, that isn't worth it? In a vacuum, trading Howie for a single bullpen arm doesn't make much sense, but since when do we operate out of a vacuum?