• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garret Anderson should be the Interim Hitting Coach

Dave Hansen replacing Baylor on the interim after a freakishly surreal leg accident.  I wholeheartedly disagree with that.  Why not GA instead, it baffles me?! 

Why would you disagree with the Angels promoting the assistant to the position, Hanson having several years of experience in that capacity, for a retired legacy player that has done no coaching at the minor or major league level? This line of thinking baffles me.

Why would you disagree with the Angels promoting the assistant to the position, Hanson having several years of experience in that capacity, for a retired legacy player that has done no coaching at the minor or major league level? This line of thinking baffles me.

Because he's like the greatest Angel evar!  Duh.

Dave Hansen replacing Baylor on the interim after a freakishly surreal leg accident.  I wholeheartedly disagree with that.  Why not GA instead, it baffles me?! 

Are you not sure if it baffles you? 

so GA is gonna hop out of his living room and suddenly be a hitting coach?  ok. that should work out well. 

Well GA doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would have patience with young hitters -- hard to say.

But when folks throw out these names, they tend to forget that guys like GA and Salmon who did very well financially during their MLB careers, sometimes the last thing they want to do with their time is to get back into the grind of constant travel and to do so at a fraction of what they were making as players.......

Hansen is actually an old Sosh favorite from the Dodger days and Hansen was sort of a bench coach/ PH at the end of his career......Sorrento - not sure where that comes from, he never impressed me much.........kind of a Dave Kingman light -- not as many HRs, some power stroke but about as many strikeouts......

Sorrento played for Cleveland and Seattle if I remember this right.

I'm not sure how GA is qualified to immediately step into a hitting coach role other than the fact that he was a good hitter,which isn't enough.

And yeah, none of us really have any idea whether he would even WANT to be a hitting coach if the opportunity presented itself.