• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

So paying Albert Pujols is over 30 year old and only way is down is okay to pay over 20 mill but we can't pay a young future #1 pitcher that we absolutely need about 20 mill?

I agree with everything you said except for future #1 pitcher.

All reports have said he's a number 2 guy who isn't as good as darvish.

The fact that he has zero MLB experience also makes it risky.

There have been just as many busts as there has been stars from japan.

Edited by Poozy

The part I found funny is that they don't even know if he is talking about the teams.   He was supposedly polling fans to help him pick an avatar for his twitter account..

Twitter-verse went apeshit, likely over nothing.

Hilarious. That's exactly what it is. Patrick Newman of NPBtracker even said as much

In Tanaka's defense, these things always go down to the last minute. I don't even think Dice K or Darvish agreed to a contract until the last day. Only difference now is instead of keeping one fan base on edge the entire time, all of the fan bases are.

The longer he waits, the more desperate teams get to throw in more cash in order to get him. I think it was just yesterday they said he might try and get a 7th year added on some of the 6 year deals he's received.

Dipoto should just put this offer in front of Tanaka.

6/$102 + 2 club option years at $20 million.  

He was asking for $17 million a year, and that's what we will give him, so it's not a slap in the face.  On paper, looks like a 8/$142 million deal which satisfies the took the most money.  On the west coast.  CBT of either $17 or $17.75 million a year, forget how it's calculated.   And the $17 million a year is the same as what Weaver makes, for those that get butthurt about that.