• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

Well at least it's not Boras but Casey Close has some high profile clients. Would love to see this guy in an Angels uniform. I think he could bring back some of the fan energy and excitement that was lost the last couple of seasons at the at Big A. Could you imagine a TANAKATOWN type presence like the "KINGS COURT" in Seattle. I think that would be fun. Oh well that's my thoughts on this.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/12/masahiro-tanaka-to-be-represented-by-casey-close.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'm all for the Angels getting Tanaka! Not only for on the field which is obviously what this team severely lacks but, as an investment for Artie it makes sense with all the Japanese dollars they would get. I understand the halos don't want to go over the luxury tax but the revenue they would generate with Tanaka would be worth the tax. It would also give them more cash for a trout extension not that Artie really needs it.

well, if the Halos get Tanaka, that would be great but I don't see us out-bidding the Yankees or several other teams for him........

hey, is Balfour back on the market? -- maybe we can pick him up for some pen help -- after failing his last physical, his contract price should be considerably less.....

I'm all for the Angels getting Tanaka! Not only for on the field which is obviously what this team severely lacks but, as an investment for Artie it makes sense with all the Japanese dollars they would get. I understand the halos don't want to go over the luxury tax but the revenue they would generate with Tanaka would be worth the tax. It would also give them more cash for a trout extension not that Artie really needs it.

A lot of fans were saying the same type of thing after Pujols signed with the Angels. Does that really make a difference (don't use the tv contract as an example, because  that's not true. The tv contract was a done deal before Pujols signed with the Angels)?

let's try to get a hard count at least three days before the decided date.  I will bring some homemade chocolate chip cookies but I want to make sure I make at least 3 for every person.  If we get a couple thousand people I need to start making the dough now and might try to see if the stadium will let us use their ovens so we can serve them hot and fresh.

This is gonna be good. 

let's try to get a hard count at least three days before the decided date.  I will bring some homemade chocolate chip cookies but I want to make sure I make at least 3 for every person.  If we get a couple thousand people I need to start making the dough now and might try to see if the stadium will let us use their ovens so we can serve them hot and fresh.

This is gonna be good. 

FC%20Made%20in%20Japan.jpg

Tanaka would be outstanding, but Garza puts this team in contention for the AL West and a 90+ win team IMO. I'm fine with either, the unknown of Tanaka concerns me. We've seen this type of hype FAIL with Matzusaka, Ishii and Irabu before.

Tanaka would be outstanding, but Garza puts this team in contention for the AL West and a 90+ win team IMO. I'm fine with either, the unknown of Tanaka concerns me. We've seen this type of hype FAIL with Matzusaka, Ishii and Irabu before.

I feel like the scouting of Japanese players is much more complete now.  It's been 18 years since Irabu, 10+ for Ishii, and Dice-k about 5+.  I think the odds of Tanaka being a total bust is very low.  I think worst case is you get about what Garza would give you at the beginning with room for improvement because of his age.  I still remember being a big supporter of signing Wilson over Darvish.  Wilson has been fine, but Darvish is a true #1.  My fear is that Garza would be less than fine and we'd pass up the chance to get a #2 or at least a #3.  In my opinion, there is as much risk with Garza.  People keep talking about him being a solid #3.  He's 30 and hasn't pitched like a #3 in almost 3 years.  

Do I think he'd help for 2014?  Sure, but both pitchers have similar risk yet only one has significant upside.