• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

Says my brother, Joel Sherman on MLB Network just reported Angels bid to Tanaka was for 110 million, but Cubs/Yanks/White Sox are up around 160-180.  Says Tanaka likes Angels, but Moreno won't go that high for SP.  Decision could come tonight.  Sherman says he thinks one of Chicago teams get him. 

If that's true, hard to fault them for not wanting to go that high for Tanaka.

That bit about Arte imposing an artificial cap on contracts for starting pitchers is kind of silly in general if true though.

Edited by jshep

Wait, is that $160-$180 million adding in the posting fee or without? If it's without that's insane. Has to be a 7yr deal or something

If there is any truth to what Sherman said, can't fault the Halos. $110 mill over(assuming its a 6yr deal) is respectable. If it really gets up to $140+ then yeah, no sense getting involved in that. We're talking like 3rd/4th richest contract ever for a pitcher and he hasn't thrown a pitch in MLB

If true that's absurd. 180 million is just ridiculous and I would be happy Arte didn't offer that. I mean what would that be, 8/180? That is asinine.

Tack on the $20 million for the Japanese and you have a nice even $200 million. This is a market gone insane when those numbers are being tossed around.

So two things I would like to see.

One, the Angels do not find a way to match those numbers.

Two, Tanaka fails in epic proportions to slap in the face the idiots that made this grotesque over bid.

Seriously i dont get those who project him better than Darvish... not one singe stat or projection supports this.

That having been said its moot... that numbers is flat stupid, period.

I think the offer we made was more than fair and appropriate though in my opinion still a bit too high pending length, but going 160+ is just absurd.

Might as well stick with Richards, Santiago, and Skaggs then; and use 2014 as one more building season towards true contention in 2015, when all 5 starters should be able to pitch 200+ innings.

These salaries are truly getting nutso.

This.

Besides, isn't next year's crop of free agent pitchers supposed to be pretty good?

Might as well stick with Richards, Santiago, and Skaggs then; and use 2014 as one more building season towards true contention in 2015, when all 5 starters should be able to pitch 200+ innings.

These salaries are truly getting nutso.

I'd rather use Blantana than Skaggs right now. Send Skaggs to SLC.

Yes I just said that.

I'd rather use Blantana than Skaggs right now. Send Skaggs to SLC.

Yes I just said that.

and you should be flogged.  Blanton should never see the mound.  The amount of punishment he would perpetrate upon Angel fans could amount to a penalty of a life sentence in prison.  While Joe may be an abomination on the mound, I'm sure he's a swell guy and I would hate for him to have to spend the rest of his life in the joint.