• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'TANAKA' Thread

Ohtaniland

Ok Jim, you are going to be offered a job by many different people in Japan. You have spent very little time in Japan and but I want you to decide right now where you are going to live for the next five to six years. Give the guy a break, he is going to get his money no matter where he goes, he just might want to go to the place that is best for him and his family. This isn't some guy that is a free agent that knows this country really well. Also, it isn't his fault that other players are going to use his contract as leverage for their own contract.

My decision would have already been made, but that is how I roll with these types of decisions.

If he is worried about family and all which is fine.

Why wouldn't he visit the cities that he is considering and evaluating where he and his family might live. I haven't read anything where it says he visited the area of any teams. Like Chicago, New York, Anaheim, LA etc..

Is there a rule against that?

If he is worried about family and all which is fine.

Why wouldn't he visit the cities that he is considering and evaluating where he and his family might live. I haven't read anything where it says he visited the area of any teams. Like Chicago, New York, Anaheim, LA etc..

Is there a rule against that?

Why would he need to go there when he can just use the Internet? Everyone knows what you read and see on the Internet must be true, right?

So Tanaka sits down with his wife and types into Google: "Pictures of beautiful Chavez Ravine" and Google immediately responsds back "Did you mean pictures of shitty Chavez Latrine?" and he fails to click on the recommended Google offering and simply looks at the photos of the carefully selected 3 houses in the area that actually look nice.

Edited by ettin

I blame Selig (and his office) for not having the posting rules straightend out at the start of the offseason.

They sat around with thumbs up asses, dragging feet for months, leading to this prolonged BS.

So busy trying to nail Arod, they could't get that done in a timely manner? 

Edited by Homebrewer

True nate, but that doesn't work into the hate for Selig philosophy we are supposed to have. Is this really that big of a deal? What it really does is it prolongs the hot stove league. It would usually be completely over by now. We still have a handful of very useful players available.

conspiracy theory:

Tanaka and his current team have hatched up this scheme to f with all of major league baseball yet he has no intent on actually coming to the US. 

That would be a major LOL moment.  Come Friday if he decides to just stay in Japan.  Haha.