• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

I finished the first 7 seasons of Alone.  Great stuff. Very authentic.  Amazing contestants.  The season I liked least was S4 where they had teams of 2. 

Every single contestant did things I could never dream of doing.  Some of them were incredible.  Some were real bad asses.  The women who competed were as tough as any man, period. 

I will say I had to fast forward through lots of S7.  I didn't care for the interviews during the last ten minutes of each episode that much.  And any time one of the contestants had those "pity party moments" - I fast forwarded through it.  I'm not taking anything away from any of them because they all did things I could never do, but I really only wanted to watch them using their skills.

Reveal hidden contents

Roland is one bad ass MF.  The dude rocked the 100 day challenge.  What a warrior.

I'm going to watch S8 now - which I believe is in progress. 

Again - the series is incredibly interesting, entertaining, thought provoking and mind blowing all at the same time.  Thanks @Lou

Spoiler

Roland is indeed one bad-ass MF. Taking out that musk ox with a hand blade was both harrowing and awe inspiring at the same time. I thought Jordan was good, but Roland took it to another level and never really looked like failing. 

Agree about the end of the show interviews - just boring. They should save all that for a season re-cap show for those that are into that sort of thing. I just can't make myself care enough to watch them, or the naval gazing when they make their call for rescue - although I do get a little interested in hearing how they convince themselves it's ok to quit. That's some interesting psychology.

10 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Netflix:  Manifest  So I gave it a shot, and glad that I did.  It's not as out there as people made it out to be.  Premise is plane disappears for 5 years, then comes back.  So it goes deep into the supernatural.  I thought it was really well done, although season 2 mid to late in the season, they slightly reach with one story line that becomes a main one.  But it wasn't so horrible that it blew the series up.  I'd recommend it.

An amusing British one: "People Just Do Nothing"

A really quite accurate portrayal of British Chavs (Trailer Trash). Docu-drama-comedy set in London around a group of numpties that run a pirate radio station called Kurupt FM. Not laugh out loud jokes and puns but very amusing social commentary. 

19 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im always a few years behind everyone in this thread. Just watched The Founder, about McDonalds. More interesting than youd think.

Keaton per usual carries that movie. The movie itself was good especially for the story as something as Americana as McDonald's. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

started looking for a new series last night and finally settled on Prime Suspect. it's a bit dated from 1991. it stars Helen Mirren as a newly promoted DCI. watched the first "season" (it was only 2 episodes). it was well done but each episode is >90 minutes, so plan accordingly.

Watched it earlier this year

Worth watching

Netflix:  Myth and Mogul:  John Delorean  Man, what a weird story.  I remember it as a kid, but never really heard the complete story.  It's amazing how someone with a vision could also be so short sighted.  If you like history, this is a good one to watch.  Oh, and no back to the future mentions.