• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

9 hours ago, Don said:

IMO the first two seasons are fantastically hilarious. 

there have been some terrific moments, no doubt. last night as i was finishing S1, it seemed like the more he drank and the more drugs he did, the less funny it was. i get that it's part of his character, and the stuff with joe buck was pretty good, but i wasn't a fan of parts of it. we'll see how S2 goes.

16 hours ago, Tank said:

Started watching Brockmeier a few weeks ago and finished S1 tonight. Some parts are good, and others are meh. 

I watched a few episodes and dropped it... I might go back to it at some point.  I would agree, some parts are good/funny... a lot of it... not so much. 

Netflix:  The Defeated  A detective/cop show that takes place immediately after WW2 in Berlin.  The authenticity of the show setting was what really caught me.  I don't want to give much away, but the opening scene really showed perception to reality.  I thought this series was really well done, and recommend it to all you crime fans.  

finished S1 of The Killing last night. Incorrectly assumed that it would be a stand alone season with no carry-over to S2.

there's a lot going on, and we like. don't really enjoy the on-and-off relationship between the two lead detectives as their communication is pretty poor. still not completely convinced on who the real murderer is . . . yet . . .

i think we'll start S2 once i get home this afternoon. it's a good show.

Nomadland

Watched this last night, it's definitely the short season Dodgers champion of movies. It's something of a mix between character study and a look at post 2008 life in rural, lower class, white America. The two don't completely mesh for me as Frances McDormand's character is very much in control of her life if only she could bring herself to reach out and change it. It is something of a reflection on a common misidentification on the left of individual failures being a result of socioeconomic factors and not simply personal choice. Or maybe this was just hyper subtle, ineffective conservative propaganda.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Defeated  A detective/cop show that takes place immediately after WW2 in Berlin.  The authenticity of the show setting was what really caught me.  I don't want to give much away, but the opening scene really showed perception to reality.  I thought this series was really well done, and recommend it to all you crime fans.  

@gotbeer

I thanked Tank by mistake

Thank you for recommending this show!

27 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Watching Lupin on Netflix

French series so you need CC

Writers really take a lot for granted with his character

So many phony things that would never happen

Worth watching, nothing special

First season was very good.

The second was meh. 

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Watching Lupin on Netflix

French series so you need CC

Writers really take a lot for granted with his character

So many phony things that would never happen

Worth watching, nothing special

When I watched it on Netflix I didn't need CC or see it offered, it just started with English voiceovers. Think I mentioned that a while ago when I watched it. Just took some getting used to with the lip syncing off.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

When I watched it on Netflix I didn't need CC or see it offered, it just started with English voiceovers. Think I mentioned that a while ago when I watched it. Just took some getting used to with the lip syncing off.

I like to listen to the foreign languages and read the CC. I miss too much if I just listen. I'm so used to reading now that I like it better.