• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I love me some Tommy Carcetti/Aberama Gold.

Good show. 

Yes, he was brilliant as Carcetti, his best work I think (I haven't seen Peaky Blinders yet - on the list) but in Kin he still seems to have a bit of Dr Alan Hynek about him to me, so I don't see him as very scary or ruthless yet. Early days though, and there is plenty good about the show aside from Gillen, he's just a small cog really. 

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Very excited for Succession to start back up. It's so damn good.

Also, HBO Max is the best streaming service. This is indisputable.

Brilliant and quite different TV. The only show I can think of where absolutely every one of the lead characters is an utterly despicable person that is pretty much impossible to root for. They are horrible, self-centred, disloyal, self-entitled, egotistical monsters with few if any redeeming features, and yet the show draws you right into their shallow, luxury lifestyles with aplomb. Backstabbing and betrayal at its very best and a virtuoso performance from the great Brian Cox. 

4 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Brilliant and quite different TV. The only show I can think of where absolutely every one of the lead characters is an utterly despicable person that is pretty much impossible to root for. They are horrible, self-centred, disloyal, self-entitled, egotistical monsters with few if any redeeming features, and yet the show draws you right into their shallow, luxury lifestyles with aplomb. Backstabbing and betrayal at its very best and a virtuoso performance from the great Brian Cox. 

Sounds like AW

7 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I've started and stopped season 1 of The Wire about 3 times in the last 3 years or so.

I finally restarted again and am almost to the end of the first season.

I don't think I'm wrong in saying that I'm on the bleeding edge of pop culture nor when I tell you guys that this show is pretty damn good and may likely be a hit.

You heard it here first, people.

I've done the same. I remember how good it was but forget how it's a slow build the I want to hurry up. The clips I come across on YouTube have been a great refresher and also from a different perspective because it was the second show I ever binge watched...I believe 2008 when I would go to Blockbuster every morning and get the boxed DVD sets.

On 9/16/2021 at 6:41 PM, WicketMaiden said:

Two new ones for the crime genre fans: Kin, set in Ireland, which is really good even if I am struggling a little bit with Aiden Gillan as a crime family boss, only two episodes of the first season released so far but it's very well done and has me looking forward to the next; and Australian Gangster, which is a fairly good mini-series of two movie length episodes about a millennial gangster in Sydney - he's a total dick btw, but the show has a nice miami vice feel in parts with some cool scenes and some typical gangster stuff, so it's okay but not gripping.

Kin

Australian Gangster

Amazon wanted $ to watch this

I'll have to wait 

Prime:  Coherence  A sci fi movie that came out in 2014.  It starts out slow, but then really starts to pick up, to where you don't know what's up or down.  Then they give a real twist at the end.  It's a short 1:28 film.  It's worth a watch if you are a science fiction fan.  

HBO Max:  Cry Macho  Why Clint?  Why?  I thought you were done with making stuff, let alone acting in them.  You should have ridden off into the sunset a while ago.  Then again, more power to you when you are 80 and can barely walk, and everywhere you go, middle aged women want to sleep with you.  But this flick is really only for die hard Clint fans.  In other words for those over 70.

wife wasn't terribly into Longmire so we watched S1E1 of Mare of Easttown. It looks promising and depressing, but it was $3.99 for the first episode and $25 for the first season on amazon prime. Not sure this is a series we want to pay for.

so then she said let's find another one. we ended up watching the first 2 episodes of Grantchester, and both of us really liked it. I think we'll continue with that*

*until the anarchists at amazon prime find a way to charge for it.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

wife wasn't terribly into Longmire so we watched S1E1 of Mare of Easttown. It looks promising and depressing, but it was $3.99 for the first episode and $25 for the first season on amazon prime. Not sure this is a series we want to pay for.

so then she said let's find another one. we ended up watching the first 2 episodes of Grantchester, and both of us really liked it. I think we'll continue with that*

If you have HBO, Mare is free on there.  Was a good series, but I really wouldn't pay for any show.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Grantchester is a good show

9 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

For anyone who has T-Mobile (certain plans), they're offering a free year of Apple TV+:

https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/apple-tv-plus-deal

Got it when I upgraded my phone in fall 2019.  Beastie documentary aside, nothing that caught my interest.  Have no idea if it applies for 13 which I'm getting fully paid on Friday and I have Verizon instead of T Mobile.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:29 PM, Lou said:

Just a reminder:  lol @ you guys. 

Still. 

I used to be solidly Team Lou with this, but the ease of use, multi-device capability and multiple profiles available with actually subscribing to some of these services is well worth the amount of money spent on them.

In addition, many titles have stuff like Dolby Vision and Atmos that I don't think is available from other sources.

Just now, RallyMo said:

I used to be solidly Team Lou with this, but the ease of use, multi-device capability and multiple profiles available with actually subscribing to some of these services is well worth the amount of money spent on them.

In addition, many titles have stuff like Dolby Vision and Atmos that I don't think is available from other sources.

Are you saying clicking a remote is too challenging for you? You click as many times to watch a show as i do. 

And I pay $0 per month. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Are you saying clicking a remote is too challenging for you? You click as many times to watch a show as i do. 

And I pay $0 per month. 

Yes, it's very difficult. It's damn near impossible.

Also, the apps allow me to jump from the phone to the tablet to the xbox to the GoogleTV living room to the GoogleTV bedroom to blah blah blah blah blah seamlessly