• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

5 hours ago, NrM said:

cancelled my netflix. Sick of their garbage CW quality shows. They've gone to shit. 

Thinking I'll replace it with HBO max

If you are disappointed with Netflix, HBO max won't be any better.  They have the occasional show, which tend to be really good, but their main draw is movies.  And the number of shows/movies, especially their originals, is a fraction of what's on Netflix.

Biggest issue I've had with Netflix is, I've burned through almost everything.  Then again, I probably watch more than probably everyone on here, except for @Lou and @Redondo.  But they do continue to bring out new content.  One thing that they have embraced that other services have yet to catch up on is foreign movies/series.  And a lot of their foreign stuff is legit good.  Would be even better if I had the attention span to read the subtitles on non dubbed shows.  

On 8/13/2021 at 6:08 AM, Slegnaac said:

Each season is its own story line, so you don't have to watch 5 and 6 to get enjoyment from the first 4 seasons.  It isn't GOT where they have a cliff hanger at the end of each season, if I remember correctly. 

That's good to know. The lady and I cannot agree on anything to watch and are now pondering tv shows because I have zero interest in watching The Purge or some other outlandish movie with a poor score. I brought this up and maybe need to push harder and with each season being different it will make it easier to digest. I'll bring this show up again.

We settled on Queen of the South and I was interested in it, but didn't think USA would put together a great series. I was surprised and it starts off pretty good.

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

If you are disappointed with Netflix, HBO max won't be any better.  They have the occasional show, which tend to be really good, but their main draw is movies.  And the number of shows/movies, especially their originals, is a fraction of what's on Netflix.

Biggest issue I've had with Netflix is, I've burned through almost everything.  Then again, I probably watch more than probably everyone on here, except for @Lou and @Redondo.  But they do continue to bring out new content.  One thing that they have embraced that other services have yet to catch up on is foreign movies/series.  And a lot of their foreign stuff is legit good.  Would be even better if I had the attention span to read the subtitles on non dubbed shows.  

I enjoyed some of their animated stuff. The last non animated show I watched on Netflix was The Witcher and Ozark, but I binged those in like a week and then go months without watching anything worthwhile.

I think I'll be better off subscribing once or twice a year, watching everything I want, and then cancelling. None of them have enough content to sustain throughout the year. They're spread too thin now.

24 minutes ago, NrM said:

I enjoyed some of their animated stuff. The last non animated show I watched on Netflix was The Witcher and Ozark, but I binged those in like a week and then go months without watching anything worthwhile.

I think I'll be better off subscribing once or twice a year, watching everything I want, and then cancelling. None of them have enough content to sustain throughout the year. They're spread too thin now.

I'm kind of in the same boat as me and a lady try to find something we can agree on. I don't see a lot I don't like or know she won't be into....and I'm big into not wasting my time or making her watch some shit I know she won't like. I've actually been pondering with the idea of constantly doing the trials and binging shit real quick, but my schedule has too many variables to pull the trigger and commit to a small time frame....although almost all of them end up sending you an email to try it again for the same discount or trial.

On a side note, and maybe I'm just that out of the loop, but when did all these streaming sites start plugging in ads and what not? Part of what made Prime dope was the add on of shows/movies, but now if I want to watch Mad Men I have to sit through commercials? I threw about the DVD set decluttering because it was in the same format streaming. Or it seems like more shit has some kind of pay component to it, like renting windows. 

1 hour ago, NrM said:

That's one way to go.  Really, streaming services are made that way now.  You just have to have the discipline to cancel, and move on.  But with so many streaming available, Netflix, Prime, HBO, Hulu, Paramount, Discovery, Britbox, in your case, something like Crunchyroll, etc.  Could be a year before you return to service.  Would be well worth the dance.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Part of what made Prime dope was the add on of shows/movies, but now if I want to watch Mad Men I have to sit through commercials? I threw about the DVD set decluttering because it was in the same format streaming. Or it seems like more shit has some kind of pay component to it, like renting windows. 

46 minutes ago, Redondo said:

What's with Amazon and commercials?

Even for old shows

And so many shows that they want to charge for until it has been out a period of time.

It's part of Amazon's bait and switch.  Amazon Prime does not have any commercials.  But their other property IMDB does.  And they will put IMDB shit right up top for you to select, with the watch for free tag before they list any Prime shows.  What's more infuriating, is the few times I fell for it, the commercials are full blown network type commercials.  Not like one or two like what Peacock does, but a full 3-5 minutes of commercials.  I've never finished anything on IMDB.

Their other bait and switch is saying a series is free, but it's really only the first season or first few episodes.  They you have to subscribe to some streaming service or buy the rest of the series.  

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

It's part of Amazon's bait and switch.  Amazon Prime does not have any commercials.  But their other property IMDB does.  And they will put IMDB shit right up top for you to select, with the watch for free tag before they list any Prime shows.  What's more infuriating, is the few times I fell for it, the commercials are full blown network type commercials.  Not like one or two like what Peacock does, but a full 3-5 minutes of commercials.  I've never finished anything on IMDB.

Their other bait and switch is saying a series is free, but it's really only the first season or first few episodes.  They you have to subscribe to some streaming service or buy the rest of the series.  

I canceled that shit.

On 8/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, gotbeer said:

That's streaming wars for you.  Pretty soon all of them will just have new movies from only one studio now that Peacock took Universal away from HBO even though Starz will play them once Peacock is done with them as well as Showtime still playing the Amblin/Dreamworks/Participant movies.  Netflix just took Sony away from Starz even though they've had the animated ones for years.  Paramount will likely head back to Showtime once the Epix deal ends in two years now that Viacom and CBS are reunited.

I just got back with Paramount Plus just for Behind The Music.  Nice to see that show back.  Sad what happened to Huey Lewis' hearing.